Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel

Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 636465  Next
Author Post pictures taken with your Sony Ericsson Elm/Hazel
cococo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 11:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just double checking, the exposure is the setting with the little sun +/- .3, .7, 1, and so on, yes? I don't mind the lines as much when it's dark and I expect it, but some of the ones are taken mid afternoon with light, so I don't expect it, and it's hard to tell if there are lines while looking at the phone - I usually see them when I look on the computer.

I tried some outdoor sunny day pics, which this phone is better at. But they still don't look as bright as the ones you take, Bonovox! (And it was a beautiful sunny day. What am doing wrong? The pics are fine, but don't they seem just a tad darker than the pics I see here?)

Supermarket, indoor

Shadows

macro (though not really that close)

Lines! But not as bad as before.

Oh, and the paws? Cat's paws, not dog.
[ This Message was edited by: cococo on 2010-05-08 10:43 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 16:04
Lol I said cats paws at first then changed it thinking it was a dog. My phone is not showing up the pictures so will need to have look later on pc. Ok?

I still think your shaking the cam slightly & judging the light wrong around you. Try not to focus the camera against the sun or light source & make sure it's behind you. You will get either wrong colours or over exposure. Also keep so still until pic is finished saving. Only adjust the exposure out doors if it seems dark or dull but not too high. The lines should only appear in lowlight indoor shots but they should not if you turn down exposure down to -0.7. I love your oranges shot Image of my lamps light in my cup of tea
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-05-08 15:05 ]
Phone?? What phone??
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-09 03:30
Those SE guys continue dumb as they usually are... WTF is a 3.2 mpx camera doing in Aspen? It would be a great phone if they used the Elm sensor in it...
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
anouk82
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 00:51

[ This Message was edited by: anouk82 on 2010-05-09 23:52 ]
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 07:57
Finally tracked down a black&silver Elm at the SE shop @Mall of Asia, you get a discount if you pay in cash.

Macro shot of some alien figurines

Building shots at around 2pm , bright sunlight

W995 shot of 3 generations of SE phones k800i/J10i/T700i

Just like the W995, I had to fiddle around with the cam settings to get a good shot. The default settings often resulted in a washed out pic for me. It just struck me that the lighting differs quite a bit depending on which country you live in - which probably explains why an all default setting works great in some
[ This Message was edited by: NoroBiik on 2010-05-10 07:03 ]
cococo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 13:57
Thanks, Bonovox and NoroBiik!

Does shaking affect the colors? I'm actually ok with the blurriness in the pics I posted (but I'll keep working at it!), but the colors are much more washed out than the other pics here. I guess perhaps it depends on where on the globe you are, but is there any particular settings I should use to make the colors pop a little more in the sunny outdoor pics when it is washed out? The pics I posted are set with 0.0 exposure (I only used the -.7 when it's dark). And other than the exposure, is there a particular setting elsewhere I should be fiddling with? And I get that the light source matters, but given where I took the some of the pictures (sunny outdoors in a big area, or the sky), there's no 'light source' to consider - the sunniness is kind of all over the place! It's sunny out, but the pics are still pretty dark.

Thanks again. Gorgeous pics.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 15:19
Who said where on the globe you are? That's complete crap. At the end of the day what matters in a photo is you the photographer & the light around you if it's sunny it matters nothing where you are. Try using daylight setting in sunny or bright conditions & cloudy setting when it's, well cloudy Only turn down exposure indoors if you may see them lines or if the outside light is too bright. Try not to focus against the sun I am getting shit signal & key problems on the ELm really fed up
Phone?? What phone??
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 15:30

my first pic
set at 1mp
doc mode
[addsig]
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 17:20

On 2010-05-10 13:57:31, cococo wrote:
Thanks, Bonovox and NoroBiik!

Does shaking affect the colors? I'm actually ok with the blurriness in the pics I posted (but I'll keep working at it!), but the colors are much more washed out than the other pics here. I guess perhaps it depends on where on the globe you are, but is there any particular settings I should use to make the colors pop a little more in the sunny outdoor pics when it is washed out? The pics I posted are set with 0.0 exposure (I only used the -.7 when it's dark). And other than the exposure, is there a particular setting elsewhere I should be fiddling with? And I get that the light source matters, but given where I took the some of the pictures (sunny outdoors in a big area, or the sky), there's no 'light source' to consider - the sunniness is kind of all over the place! It's sunny out, but the pics are still pretty dark.

Thanks again. Gorgeous pics.

I think it's the combination of lighting & focus settings that determine color vibrancy, and by lighting that includes that of the environment. At least half of it is by trial&error and there are some situations that mobile cams can't handle as well as digicams so you shouldn't be discouraged.

Try late afternoon or early morning shots so you get a feel of how the Elm handles in gentler light. I'm actually going through the re-learning process myself since it seems to capture less light than my W995.
anouk82
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 19:08

On 2010-05-10 15:19:24, Bonovox wrote:
Who said where on the globe you are? That's complete crap. At the end of the day what matters in a photo is you the photographer & the light around you if it's sunny it matters nothing where you are. Try using daylight setting in sunny or bright conditions & cloudy setting when it's, well cloudy Only turn down exposure indoors if you may see them lines or if the outside light is too bright. Try not to focus against the sun I am getting shit signal & key problems on the ELm really fed up

dont get upset...they just need more practise....i am also getting shit signal

perfect camera...
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 19:50
perfect for daylight shots.. yes .. and may even be the best SE phone for that.
but what if you need for flash photography? its not so perfect anymore
anouk82
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 19:55
quote]
On 2010-05-10 19:50:15, jake20 wrote:
perfect for daylight shots.. yes .. and may even be the best SE phone for that.
but what if you need for flash photography? its not so perfect anymore

[/quote]
thats true every phone has its ups and downs...
jake20
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 20:06
yes, i hate how we always have to sacrifice something..
i wish my C905 had a bigger light sensor also.. it would be perfect camera then also.

but this elm does take very nice pics indeed
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 20:06
@anouk82 I love that dog & the long grass shot. Also i was not upset just could not believe what they were saying that's all. The signal issue is very bad at times I never had a phone with such poor reception hope they fix it in next update.
Phone?? What phone??
anouk82
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-05-10 20:26

On 2010-05-10 20:06:58, Bonovox wrote:
@anouk82 I love that dog & the long grass shot. Also i was not upset just could not believe what they were saying that's all. The signal issue is very bad at times I never had a phone with such poor reception hope they fix it in next update.

they will...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 636465  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic