Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > k850i Camera problem

Author k850i Camera problem
pintycar
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-09 15:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I have a 2 year old k850i phone which was never a perfect phone like my k800i but that I liked a lot. A few months ago the loudspeaker stopped working and then the screen just a few days ago. So I ordered a replacement for both things in ebay and I opened it to replace it.

The ringer now works perfectly.

The screen however is very dark (low contrast) probably due to the low quality. No complaints here.

However, everytime I start the camera in picture or video mode (not replay) the shutter opens and the phone freezes. The typical camera display comes up but no image (from the lens) is displayed. Do you have any idea of what I may have done during my "surgery" to the phone?

I have tried reinstalling the firmware with SEUS with no luck. I also reopened it again and all conections seem ok.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Pintycar
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-03-09 17:31
Try to flash it via a2uploader. This might work. or again check the connections well especially the one that connects the camera switch to main.

For flashing tutorial, visit here.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=181043

Read down further for the link to firmware sites.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
pintycar
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-10 12:09
Thanks for your reply.

I am going to try that this evening after work. I'll let you know how it goes.

geoprea1989
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2011-03-06 01:25
Hi,

I have the same problem, changed my LCD with a new one from eBay, but the screen is very dark with high contrast.
This isn't so annoying as when my phone freezes when I try to take a picture or make a video call [the video call camera is affected too].
So, pintycar, have you found a solution for this issue? I don't know what to do, nothing seems to work...
Hope you made it and give me an advice

Thanks!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi