Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Has Satio been a big failure?

Author Has Satio been a big failure?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-21 19:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Firstly i know its the same price of the n97 but it still makes it over priced like the n97 is too. Secondly its not to me about popularity of a phone i do not care about popularity or ratings what i care about is mobile phones that actually work. You may recall i said Samsung seem to be in my experience way more reliable than SonyEricsson or Nokia. I am not saying Samsung don't have problems but if you care to notice the poor position SonyEricsson are in compared to Samsung says alot. Every single Samsung i have owned has never had a single problem from new. Yet just lately every single SonyEricsson does. That is why they ended up where they are. Deny it but i am sorry but its the truth. SonyEricsson still lag behind on technology and playing catch up. The Satio is a big fat over priced mobile phone. Samsung do not cover up software issues with colourful advertising. Do you hear of their phones being recalled or taking ten months in production only to be released then recalled again. Do you hear SonyEricsson selling ten million of one handset like Samsung. No. As strange as it may sound i still have a love for SonyEricsson but until they pull their socks up i am happy with my stunning Samsung Jet. And don't say this is an argument i can't win i think you need to grow up whoever said that comment.
And to Basithz please can we lay off making personal abusive comments calling people on here dick heads

Best Debater & King of Garbage Esato Awards 2009[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-21 18:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-21 18:50 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-22 18:03

what do you when compare Jet to c903 it absolutely shame

clearly different target in market
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
solidkevin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-26 20:52

On 2010-02-20 13:03:25, se80 wrote:
*I've rarely seen anybody with one. Any touch phones I see are Samsung and LG or Nokia.
Okay....? And you point? What you wanna be like everyone else? Be my guest..
*It's over priced.
Yes it is, but its worth it imo, very subjective.
*It's second hand value makes it unsellable expect to lose big bucks on it.
Very True.
*SE probably won't use the same OS on the next model.
And? Big Deal. Symbian is still one of the biggest OS's out there.
*The camera is a let down it's no better than a C905 and it takes pictures in silly widescreen.
LMAO the camera is a let down? Please.
*It's been withdrawn all over due to software bugs. I even heard Vodafone have preeminently stopped stocking them.
That is unfortunate, thank god it dosent affect me.
*The mega pixel war is over. We have never seen these rivals from LG and Samsung's Pixon 12 has been too low profile.
Maybe cause SE won? lol
*The apps is a big let down. Anybody expecting an Iphone lookalike will be let down.
Plenty of apps, not peoples fault you cant take the time to look.
*Build quality is pitiful. The chrome plastic on the side is like a cheap toy. It's awful.
Subjective, one of the best phones Ive had in terms of build quality.
*The battery life is unusable. If you want a phone drained in a day buy it.
Battery is very poor imo.
*Using Symbian and moving away from supported M2 sticks since 2006 was a mistake if you ask me.
Ok?
*It's far too big.
Perfect size imo.
*The packaging is rubbish. They could have atleast printed a proper manual rather than a Kinder Egg manual.
LMAO! This is what you complain about?
*Nokia N97 using the same software seems more a hit.
I love the Satio homescreen more than N97.
*The hype of the phone's gone since they binned 'Cybershot' and 'Walkman'.
Not really.
*Not sure on actual figures but the W995 seems to be doing better in the UK. Phones4U have it second to the Iphone in popularity. W995's seem to be everywhere because not everybody wants there wowful touch screens. There's no character with them. We could easily have a 3" screen with a keypad and a good camera. The Samsung Innov8 for example is what can be done with a candy bar slide design.
Subjective.
*Iphones sales contuine to grow.
Good for them?
*LG and Samsung are filling the market with mid and low range phones to clean SE out...Viewtys, Cookie, Jet, Omina Lite, Tocco lite.
Good for them?
*SE's standard has gone and now it's hit or miss what phone you buy depending on what software it runs.
I kinda agree here.
*Satio is poorly supported for apps and games.
Propreitary yes, but like I said theres tons of apps out there just look for them.
*No HD record.
Yea because most phones have them now a days right?

I seriously can't wait for Satio to go to the dustbin of mobile history like the awful 'C905' good phone but unreliable. But the Satio is worse as it's a terrible phone, faults or no faults I absolutely hate it.

My advice to you buy another phone and move on, I dont understand why people bash things they dislike, I dont like Iphone but I dont bash it every second I get.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-26 21:13
H&H i am not talking about target markets with the Jet and c903 i am talking about QUALITY OF PRODUCT.
Phone?? What phone??
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 01:07
A failure, don't know.. but success it's not ..
---------------------
StraySheep
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-27 16:51
I was really planning to buy the Satio, but after doing some more research, I found out that it has no VOICE DIALING.

I can't believe a simple feature like voice dialing is not possible on this flagship SE phone. Even my retired almost 10 year old T68i had voice dialing. Give me a break.

If someone can tell me the Satio has voice dialing with the latest firmware update, then I will reconsider it.
If not, then I will go with the W995 instead.
[ This Message was edited by: StraySheep on 2010-02-27 15:52 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 18:58
You won't buy a phone because of voice dialing? Why? Why do you need voice dialing? Can't you use your hands? How many people actually use voice dialing? I have never needed to.
Phone?? What phone??
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 20:56
My Satio remains as my current handset, so real issues just niggles and wishlists, my P1i remains in it's box, I don't see anything that is better for me right now and wouldn't entertain anything unless it had a xenon flash....simple
TTT
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 21:33
I thing the Satio is a great phone but I don't like the touch-screen.
Aino with Satio Camera or Satio as slide phone would be the best of both worlds.
kish
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-02-27 22:01
For the way I use the telephone the satio is excellent. The only gripe I have is that I was used to the handwriting recognition of the p1 which had t9/word completion and it took time for me to get familiar with the way that the s60 handwriting recognition works.
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-28 16:07
I love my Satio.
Download FPC Bench a good benchmark/system info for your phone.
Download Pocket Inclinometer for your phone's accelerometer.
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 19:26
http://blog.se-nse.net/satio-being-pulled-from-sale-again/

Pulled from most places in the UK. I'm from the UK and as I say W995's are everywhere. Blackberrys are also quite popular the ones with all the buttons. Seen alot of low/mid range nokias too. Touch screen wise LG or Iphone's rule the UK.

So bye bye Satio's. Now go back to what your good at SE and make a proper upgrade to the W995 with the same reliability and they may cater for a bigger market as there's lots of people who don't want Satio. My main complaints I've heard on it are:

*12MP camera who needs it? Even media analysts admit the mega pixel war is over as UK phone companies aim to tackle the apps market.
*Far too big.
*Wowfully bad touch screen.
*Second hand value falls fast.

Take away the 12mp camera and it offers nothing new to the market. Had it been a 5MP camera nobody would have bought it. Too many touch screen phones so I expect non touch models from the likes of Nokia to rise. I'm eagerly waiting for something I can upgrade my W995 with but I'll be looking at all manufacturers to see what's best. Feel free to disagree with me but for me Satio's been mince.
dngeorgiev
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 21:19
IMHO

*I've rarely seen anybody with one. Any touch phones I see are Samsung and LG or Nokia.
IMHO this sounds more like a pro than a con.

*It's over priced.
SE do not make fan-dedicated phones like Nokia, I think that the price is acceptable.

*It's second hand value makes it unsellable expect to lose big bucks on it.
Go ahead and get yourself a Vertu

*SE probably won't use the same OS on the next model.
The OS so far has not let me down, no complains.

*The camera is a let down it's no better than a C905 and it takes pictures in silly widescreen.
The camera is awesome, and I think that even the SE haters would admit that.

*It's been withdrawn all over due to software bugs. I even heard Vodafone have preeminently stopped stocking them.
Mine works fine, i believe that everything concerning the software could and would be fixed with updates, but again i do not see any flaws so far.

*The mega pixel war is over. We have never seen these rivals from LG and Samsung's Pixon 12 has been too low profile.
What war, Satio just takes damn-good pictures, end of story for me.

*The apps is a big let down. Anybody expecting an Iphone lookalike will be let down.
There are tons of apps.
This is the best part of the deal, the Satio has nothing to do with the iphone

*Build quality is pitiful. The chrome plastic on the side is like a cheap toy. It's awful.
I started a threat about the build quality and you were the only one, who complained regarding the quality, anyways i remember that you mentioned that yours lost the chrome parts and got scratches etc etc for a week of use, maybe you should really think for a Vertu... no offence

*The battery life is unusable. If you want a phone drained in a day buy it.
2 days of normal usege, more than enough for me. It is a pitty though that SE did not gave us a docking station in the box

*Using Symbian and moving away from supported M2 sticks since 2006 was a mistake if you ask me.
It is a matter of taste for the OS, I hold nothing against Symbian. I think that the micro sd slot is kind of a bonus, comparing the prices of the M2s and the Micro SDs.

*It's far too big.
It has "serious" size

*The packaging is rubbish. They could have atleast printed a proper manual rather than a Kinder Egg manual.
And kill a few hundred trees. I like the green idea.

*Nokia N97 using the same software seems more a hit.
I can not see anything wrong with that.

*The hype of the phone's gone since they binned 'Cybershot' and 'Walkman'.
Now it has been doubled

*Iphones sales contuine to grow.
So is the count of the cigarette smokers.

*SE's standard has gone and now it's hit or miss what phone you buy depending on what software it runs.
SE has always meant the best sound and the best cameras, so there is no let down for me, the same are true with Satio.

*Satio is poorly supported for apps and games.
Tons of them.

*No HD record.
That is a minus

gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-02-28 21:25

On 2010-02-28 16:07:19, sblantipodi wrote:
I love my Satio.

+1
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"