Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-19 22:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Rene is right in what he is trying to put across.

Without any apps or any other flashy crap, the X2 should have performed all the functions advertised on the box without any problems. Hell, my X1 was buggy for sure, but it never decided to disconnect or corrupt the memory card in the entire time I owned it. More so I don't recall ever having to remove the battery to restart the X1 so many times either. If it wasn't for the poor quality build of the X1, I would still own it today. It certainly functioned more reliably than the X2

They had X1 to learn from, but it appears form comes before function in this case.
[ This Message was edited by: prodjsxb on 2010-04-19 21:44 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-20 00:41
Nobody argues here about the fact that X2 should work brilliantly.
I'm just saying WM itself is a good OS, that's it.

So X2 is a fault, not Microsoft.
a w a r e
amdx2
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-21 14:14
we... apart from the memory card bit my phone works great.. freeze from time to time need to restart every few days other than that its great...
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-21 14:35
Seriously guys, having Windows in a smartphone is one of the dumbest ideas EVER! Why can't people realize that more or less ALL windows versions are copletely bloated and require apbsolutely too much from it's hardware?? Especially in devices that run on batteries this is just a stupid idea

whoow..that's a strong statement right there
to the point i do agree it's memory hawk but WM has lots to play with. ie custom rom and you can tweaks it as well. i myself like WM as im a owner of HTC HD2 and it's just awesome
X2 does have a bit of a problems, my friend own one so therefore i know but i believe there's an firmware release soon? the SPB shell? has cause problems for his phone so after uninstall it his phone very much stable now
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-04-21 13:41 ]
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-21 14:52

to the point i do agree it's memory hawk but WM has lots to play with. ie custom rom and you can tricks it as well. i myself like WM as im a owner of HTC HD2 and it's just awesome
X2 does have a bit of a problems, my friend own one so therefore i know but i believe there's an firmware release soon? the SPB shell? has cause problems for his phone so after uninstall it his phone very much stable now

Well, if you get enough dissapointed in a device that runs windows, then you can't stop complaining..

I've heard a lots of comments and opinions about winmo, and most of them had to do with the fact that the device was slow and sluggish. Of course you get used to it, and can live with it, but if you have been using a normal phone (not smartphone etc), then you can't help noticing that everything is slow...

I recently used for a while the nokia 9300 "communicator" when waiting for the X2. That phone is 5 years old, and it's surpricingly fast compared to the X2. Of course you can't compare the network-speed, but the phone's functions where still quick (again compared to the X2)... The 9300 has a 150MHz processor, and the X2 has 528MHz..!

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-21 16:48

On 2010-04-21 14:52:00, rene wrote:

to the point i do agree it's memory hawk but WM has lots to play with. ie custom rom and you can tricks it as well. i myself like WM as im a owner of HTC HD2 and it's just awesome

Well, if you get enough dissapointed in a device that runs windows, then you can't stop complaining..

I've heard a lots of comments and opinions about winmo, and most of them had to do with the fact that the device was slow and sluggish. Of course you get used to it, and can live with it, but if you have been using a normal phone (not smartphone etc), then you can't help noticing that everything is slow...

I recently used for a while the nokia 9300 "communicator" when waiting for the X2. That phone is 5 years old, and it's surpricingly fast compared to the X2. Of course you can't compare the network-speed, but the phone's functions where still quick (again compared to the X2)... The 9300 has a 150MHz processor, and the X2 has 528MHz..!

And I repeat again - it's not a WM issue!

I use X1 as my main device, which has 18 months now, on WM 6.1
and it is really FAST device!
a w a r e
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-22 01:55
Rene,

Honest i never use WM before HD2 is my first Windows phone and it not sluggish trust me if you have one then you'll know what im talking about and i honestly dont know about X2 just my friend has it n he does complaint but overall he is happy with it he said
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-22 19:03
Ok after two usage to the end(battery drops dead and phone turns off) now it still charging to infinity but after turning on phone from 97% now is showing 98% so for now l have to manage 2% to get full 100% maybe then it will stop charger after 2h like it supposed to
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-23 13:49

On 2010-04-21 16:48:38, doministry wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It might aswell be, that WM 6.1 is made more stable than 6.5. I tried all the advices that were posted for making X2 a usable phone, and found out, that only time phone responds fast and is stable is by using default MS theme with also default items on the screen. If I change the default view to show like Date, Messaging, SMS Toolkit or so on (START > SETTINGS > TODAY - Items) than telephone becomes laggy. It can not properly close windows - for example - if you click on a Time, make some changes to clock and then click exit, it won't shut down. Then I slide out the keyboard, and it closes. Same if I press a camera and then exit, camera window will still stay on, and I have to do that slide out move again. But by using the default screen with default items on it, it is fast, responsive, and I did not have a single sleep-of-death since using it. So this is a solution for me until 6.5.3 comes out.

But then again, a 600 € phone should be responsive, reliable and so on with all the features it hold, not that you have to find your own way to make it work.

And still I believe, it must be a software issue.
Seek peace...
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-23 15:22

On 2010-04-23 13:49:09, ingenus wrote:

On 2010-04-21 16:48:38, doministry wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It might aswell be, that WM 6.1 is made more stable than 6.5. I tried all the advices that were posted for making X2 a usable phone, and found out, that only time phone responds fast and is stable is by using default MS theme with also default items on the screen. If I change the default view to show like Date, Messaging, SMS Toolkit or so on (START > SETTINGS > TODAY - Items) than telephone becomes laggy. It can not properly close windows - for example - if you click on a Time, make some changes to clock and then click exit, it won't shut down. Then I slide out the keyboard, and it closes. Same if I press a camera and then exit, camera window will still stay on, and I have to do that slide out move again. But by using the default screen with default items on it, it is fast, responsive, and I did not have a single sleep-of-death since using it. So this is a solution for me until 6.5.3 comes out.

But then again, a 600 € phone should be responsive, reliable and so on with all the features it hold, not that you have to find your own way to make it work.

And still I believe, it must be a software issue.

Okay, fcuk, this is enough!!!!
Today this X2 corrupted my whole mamory card!
Completely!!!!

I wonder if it is possible to make any action against SE.
This is too much.

GUYS BEWARE
It will happen to all of you sooner or later!
Make backups!

I had a stable device, but this happened
and was confirmed by other users too!!

I wonder if I return my X2 next week.
If not, this goes to the drawer.
I'm not going to use it until it BASICALLY works.
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-23 21:34
REmove that card immediately from your phone! The phone probaly tries to re-format that card!

Then boot into linux. This way I could read about 400Mb of my files (i lost 2,5Gb of musicfiles, but those I have on my Hdd)! If you don't have any linux, then download for example the ubuntu livecd: http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

After booting with that CD, and iserting the SD-card with the adapter, Ubuntu should mount directly that disk to the desktop. Don't use windows disk-checking tools, cause they just mess things up!

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-24 00:24
Windows disk check worked for me to fix my corrupted file system when the same thing happened to me.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-24 00:39

On 2010-04-24 00:24:50, prodjsxb wrote:
Windows disk check worked for me to fix my corrupted file system when the same thing happened to me.

Can you clarify what is that?
a w a r e
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-24 09:13

On 2010-04-24 00:39:31, doministry wrote:

On 2010-04-24 00:24:50, prodjsxb wrote:

Can you clarify what is that?

This is when he/she keep insert usb cable and pull it right out without proper method numberous times.
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-04-24 10:03
today i opened emma and it downloaded a new version of the R1BA023 firmware version for the X2 I haven't installed it yet because I don't have time right now, but I will keep you all posted
update

as i mentioned yesterday on the above post I use emma not seus yesterday emma downloaded a new version of the R1BA023 generic_sg and i installed it last night the device is much more stable, I know that most of you will not believe it but it's true I have noticed many differences in the speed and stability of the device slideview is more stable it does not hang my x2 (until now) I am using the device with the default windows today panel and it's significantly faster and stable. I will need more testing for a few days to confirm this but I will keep all of you posted. as for the memory card disappearing I have never encountered this even in previous versions of other firmwares
[ This Message was edited by: mathios on 2010-04-24 09:05 ]
[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic