Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 17:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-04-13 12:42:44, kronos12 wrote:
that is an excellent news doministry...so perhaps original stock mem card is problem...just this morning l have experienced return to default ringtone bug..damn..is it possible that mem cards are non good?

Nope, I don't think it's a memory card problem.
The speed of my both cards is the same.

I didn't notice a single problem with memory card before upgrade.
I think it's a MR1 problem, not card.....

And now with the new one I also got memory card disconnection.
This time it was enough to take it off and back on.

Regarding ringtones - put them on internal memory only,
and best in MyRingtones folder.

I've never ever experienced problem with resetting ringtones.
Each time you change their location or the folders names, things go back to default..

------------------

Right now I see:

1. X2 has a little graphic problem in landscape mode

2. Slide View has a little video playback bug....
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 20:21

Well. I don't know if you understand me well, or maybe I just didn't know some things before....
So, I installed few programs on my X2 on 4GB memory card.

Than just copied Program files - through the computer - to 16GB.
So, besides all the .cab files, I also copied program files from 4GB memory card.
And just after that all the programs run, without re-installation to a new memory card...

I'm pretty sure that copying to a different SD-card does not need any re-installation of any program installed on a SD-card. The program sets either it's settings in the registry/saves config-files to a local file in its own directory. Moving to just a bigger card, with the same directory-structure should not have any difference...

If you would move a directory from the phones memory to the SD-card, that could bring some problems...

Anyway it's great to hear that you found a way to keep your X2 working. I'm for the moment facing a re-install of my system. I'm so f*cking furious, cause i can't make any backup of my SMS:s and new contacts..!!!!

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 21:04

On 2010-04-13 20:21:20, rene wrote:

Well. I don't know if you understand me well, or maybe I just didn't know some things before....
So, I installed few programs on my X2 on 4GB memory card.

Than just copied Program files - through the computer - to 16GB.
So, besides all the .cab files, I also copied program files from 4GB memory card.
And just after that all the programs run, without re-installation to a new memory card...

I'm pretty sure that copying to a different SD-card does not need any re-installation of any program installed on a SD-card. The program sets either it's settings in the registry/saves config-files to a local file in its own directory. Moving to just a bigger card, with the same directory-structure should not have any difference...

If you would move a directory from the phones memory to the SD-card, that could bring some problems...

Anyway it's great to hear that you found a way to keep your X2 working. I'm for the moment facing a re-install of my system. I'm so f*cking furious, cause i can't make any backup of my SMS:s and new contacts..!!!!

But why can't you backup?!
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 21:42
Finally figured out what was f*cked up. SPB-shell was just stalling my phone. I managed to remove the SpbMobileShell shortcut (starting \\Program\\Spb Mobile Shell\\MobileShell.exe -noshow) from \\windows\\autostart\\, and restarting the phone. Now i can run my backup-apps, and start re-installing the whole crap...

If SE won't start bring some patches to us, then i'll pick up my phone and start calling around...

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 06:31
wow didnt know that X2 has so much problems
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 09:57
Trully amazing, some of us left the SE camp after the X1 debacle, every now and then i take a look at Esato, and the news just gets worse, not only do folk keep buying into the hype, then you moan and groan about software updates and delays in release, and how complicated it all is. Im really sorry for you, your continued loyallty to the brand is remarkable, you chuck your cash at the product, everytime belieiving in the bright colours and graphicks of the SE marketing loop.
For the last 12 months ive been more the happy with my move to HTC, as others are happy with their moves to the
i phone or Nokia or others, nothing is perfect, lord i wish my touch pro had a seperate camera button, but, nothing like the crap you take from SE. Someday i may well return to SE, they have produced some very good kit over the years, but for now, vote with your feet!
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-14 10:10

On 2010-04-14 09:57:27, number2 wrote:
Trully amazing, some of us left the SE camp after the X1 debacle, every now and then i take a look at Esato, and the news just gets worse, not only do folk keep buying into the hype, then you moan and groan about software updates and delays in release, and how complicated it all is. Im really sorry for you, your continued loyallty to the brand is remarkable, you chuck your cash at the product, everytime belieiving in the bright colours and graphicks of the SE marketing loop.
For the last 12 months ive been more the happy with my move to HTC, as others are happy with their moves to the
i phone or Nokia or others, nothing is perfect, lord i wish my touch pro had a seperate camera button, but, nothing like the crap you take from SE. Someday i may well return to SE, they have produced some very good kit over the years, but for now, vote with your feet!

Well, I would never thought after almost 2 years,
after really great P1 and than X1 usage!

With X1 I've spent the best times regarding smartphones.
So I was just hoping to continue with X2.
a w a r e
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 13:34
Just can not believe bought myself a Apple computer, and, and reached the point where I should think about a new phone too. Logical asumption would be iPhone, since it is most compatible and so on... Went to the shop and heavily affected after all those years of using SE phones (stability!) I once again decided to take a SE phone instead of iPhone...picked up Xperia X2, paid almost 600 euro...

Got disapointed on a very first day...battery got charged so fast, same with discharging. Phone got loads of sleeps-of-death. Finally the update came. Thought it was gonna take all the problems away but I was mistaken. Ok, phone started to charge normally, battery life is much longer. Phone still hangs, often when I end with a call. Still get screens of death...I happened twice I think, that the phone became quite hot, of course in a sleep-of-death-mode again, so I must remove the battery to restart it.

Went around the forums, got the idea that It might be the panels that make phone laggy. Removed pixel, growing, and also SPB mobile shell (which I was using all the time) and which I personally think makes the most problems. First opinion was that phone is ok now, but after an hour I got into strange behaviour again. So today I reinstalled update, removed pixel and growing panels, but left SPB mobile shell panel which I really like (just for some future use). Right now I'm using pure Windows Mobile Today screen with Xperia Theme...an hour ago I hit another sleep-of-death.

I am sad and dissapointed. And I get even more dissapointed while reading (sorry to say) some totally idiotic suggestions to some random posts on forums (buy yourself a suitable device, the one that you know it works etc...).
When you buy a laptop for 600 euro, it works. When you buy a phone for 100 euro...it works. When you buy it for 250 euro, it works. But when you buy a SE business phone (what SE claims X2 to be) for almost 600 evro, you have to check it every 5 minutes to see if your phone hanged or whatsoever. But for 600 euro, the phone should be rock solid!! It's a lot of money, and to make people spend so much money for a device that is unreliable and does not work...thats ignorant, and something that I would never expect from the company I trusted from the times when it was Ericsson alone...

Seek peace...
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 14:27
damn I really feel sorry for you guys who having problems with X2
I will soon to be a traitor sorry ah hem my HD2 is on the way i couldnt resist just too beautiful and powerful .This is my second SE phone "Satio" and the first one was Z800 when i was in high school . im not sure im a lucky guy or not but so far my Satio is really perfect. no glitches etc like others experience with it (obviously it can be better with future update)
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 16:19
ok the new bug!
-after not using phone all night(sleeping time for me) phone was in stand by...this morning he puts back again default ringtone...and what is more beautiful in file explorer in My Ringtones-there were no ringtones-not single one like they dont exist and l reset phone after that they apair whata magic ...NOT!
-l change my today screen in SPB Shell and phone become a realy slow so la go in Speed booster app to see how menu memory is taken(RAM)and it says 60mb..so l terminated from that app all major consumers of memory and wow today screen is windows mobile default and speed is again perfect-so sbb shell and l believe every strong app that uses a lot of RAM totally destroys usability of X2
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-14 20:22
@kronos12, I think that SPB shell is one of the main reasons for X2, but not the only...since phone hangs or gets errors even when you use only Windows Today screen
Seek peace...
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-15 01:27

On 2010-04-14 20:22:39, ingenus wrote:
@kronos12, I think that SPB shell is one of the main reasons for X2, but not the only...since phone hangs or gets errors even when you use only Windows Today screen

Response from Aaron/SE at blog
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com[....]/comment-page-4/#comment-37846

So hope is..
a w a r e
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-15 23:59
still have battery issue 97%-l discharge battery to 0%(phone turn off) then l plug an wal charger and...charge it for 6h..charging did not stop. after turning on the phone there it is same old 97%
ingenus
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-16 23:40
Killing SlideView process helps much with the battery life...From 08:00 since 00:40 (my local time now) X2 spent went down to only 70 % - so it really helped. But, instability is still the issue...
Seek peace...
a66fm
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-18 14:39
Aaron says:
April 18, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Hey guys,
Thanks again for all your feedback and support. I regret to inform you that we have made a decision to cease work on the planned MR2 update. This was not an easy one to make but we feel that it was necessary in order to consolidate our recent push in marketing the xperia x10. From reading comments on this blog it is evident that fixing everything that has been reported would require too many man hours to be financially viable. At this moment we at SE feel that the X2 is at a very capable level of functionality. If anyone is truly dissatisfied with the phone, they can always sell it and purchase an xperia X10. Our partnership with Windows Mobile has officially come to an end. Thanks again for contributing to this blog.
Aaron

se product blog
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic