Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Annoyances and bugs in Xperia X2:s windows mobile 6.5 [updated 17 June 2010]
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-04-12 17:01:57, kronos12 wrote:
Have u all actually update like it sad on SE update site...you have first to download a cab from SE and install that cab on your mem card,after that u proceed to update in SEUS and this is the only and correct way..if you format your card before update you do not update correctly and phone has issues...this l write just to make a point about update.

It looks like the newer stuff that upgrade CAB had is already in MR1.
But once you have updated to MR1, what will that cab do after the fact?
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:32

Have u all actually update like it sad on SE update site...you have first to download a cab from SE and install that cab on your mem card,after that u proceed to update in SEUS and this is the only and correct way..if you format your card before update you do not update correctly and phone has issues...this l write just to make a point about update.

What do you mean with "like it sad on SE update site"? Do you mean that we would have updated to MR1 in an other way as using the SE update-application? Well, if there is an other way to update, then i did it in the old-fashion way by simply plugging the phone into my computer, starting the update-application and doing the update...

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
Facts about the Sony Ericsson X2 http://sonyericssonxperiax2failure.blog
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:33
that is how they want us to do,so cab is important,you have first to install cab on you mem card-it will stay there and after upgrade to new ROM the phone will automatically install any cab that have been previously installed on mem card...that is same like in symbian,if u install cab in phone mem then nothing will happened...update is non good then.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:46

What the fcuk are you talking about.

The previous SE site was incorrectly displaying pictures of the old .cab upgrade
when actually informing about something different.

That's how it looks now:
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:46

On 2010-04-12 17:33:44, kronos12 wrote:
that is how they want us to do,so cab is important,you have first to install cab on you mem card-it will stay there and after upgrade to new ROM the phone will automatically install any cab that have been previously installed on mem card...that is same like in symbian,if u install cab in phone mem then nothing will happened...update is non good then.

Please provide us with a direct link to the page that says something about a .cab-file. Please post also a direct link to this particular .cab-file.

On the swedish update-site is no such info about any .cab file you are talking about...

The Xperia X2 Dissapointed Users Group DUG: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:54

On 2010-04-12 17:46:49, rene wrote:

On 2010-04-12 17:33:44, kronos12 wrote:

Please provide us with a direct link to the page that says something about a .cab-file. Please post also a direct link to this particular .cab-file.

On the swedish update-site is no such info about any .cab file you are talking about...

I'm telling you

few days ago SE update site was showing a wrong info.
I saw that..

Now it's corrected.
a w a r e
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 17:56

On 2010-04-12 17:54:13, doministry wrote:
I'm telling you

few days ago SE update site was showing a wrong info.
I saw that..

Now it's corrected.

Well, if this guy does see something else, then let him post his links. til then, i'll stick to my swedish site without those links.

kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-12 18:22
dont be rude we are all trying to help each other..

and yes they have changed the way of download a new firwere in the phone...so no more need for cab.
just simple update over SEUS
[ This Message was edited by: kronos12 on 2010-04-12 19:24 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-12 19:12

On 2010-04-12 18:22:59, kronos12 wrote:
dont be rude we are all trying to help each other..

and yes they have been change the way of download a new firwere in the phone...so no more need for cab.
just simple update over SEUS
[ This Message was edited by: kronos12 on 2010-04-12 17:29 ]

Of course, true.
Thanks for help....
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 02:43
Something positive....

Well when I started relying only on WM Homescreen
I didn't encounter a single freeze.
When using X2 normally.

Today I wanted to switch from the stock 4GB to 16GB card.

Connected X2 to MobileDevices Center on my laptop.

Copied all the content from 4GB to my laptop.
Than disconnected my X2, took off 4GB
inserted 16GB, copied all the content from laptop to X2...

Than just resetted..

Well we will see further,
but everything went absolutely smooth.

All the media content was updated in SlideView.
But what was a shock:

I copied also all the Program Files of the programmes I installed on my 4GB
before.

Guess what?!
I didn't have to install again those apps!!!

So after JUST copying these files, all the programs work!
Just like that.
So that means after upgrade I won't have to install anything again,
everything will work immediately!
Including icons in menu..

I don't know if this is possible in other OSes.
This is so good - saves so much time and hassle.

After changing memory card in Camera files stopped beeing
displayed by date but first are pictures, than videos.

New pisctures are displayed on top...

P.S.
This device is more responsive on Portrait than Landscape...
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-04-13 01:52 ]
a w a r e
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 12:42
that is an excellent news doministry...so perhaps original stock mem card is problem...just this morning l have experienced return to default ringtone bug..damn..is it possible that mem cards are non good?
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 12:42
I'm not sure if understand you correctly: You copied all your stuff to a bigger SD-card?? Well, logically that does not require any re-installation of any programs.. It's just like you would have moved all your files on your computer to a bigger harddrive (using correct tools afcourse)...!

The new SD-card might also be faster than the 4Gb card.. That might also bring more speed to your X2 xperience..

I'm pretty sure that the freezes and slow X2-experience has to do with the SPB-panels.. The are most likely created with faster processors on mind, and that the code for these panels are heavily bloated.. When i was in the process off installing the 3.5.2 panel, i was at one point uninstalling the original ones. At this point the phone feeled extremely quick.. I did not test further, cause i want to have the spb-panels because of their usability..

kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-13 12:47
after all that rene do you have any bugs on x2, did u remove and change your mem card,how long is stand by of yours battery in normal usage?
rene
X2 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 13:55
My standbytime is about one workingday. So I have to re-charge the battery every night.

Currently the phone is useless. I can't get it up, and this pisses me off! I need to make first a backup of my SMS:s before i reinstall the whole operating system. First i just have to figure out how i could manage to keep anything running on this phone.

I removed more or less everything, and installed the SPB-Panel 3.5.2. This worked a bit better than the original, but this did not help at all in the long run. To me it looks like the SPB-panels are bloated and sucking out the rest of the processor-power of this phone..

I have not noticed anything with my SD-card. No datalosses at all, but i douldn't be suprised if changing the SD-card to a more speedy-one would change something..

If anyone is using Facebook, and fed up with the X2-problems, then join the club over here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110270035673269

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-13 17:29

On 2010-04-13 12:42:57, rene wrote:
I'm not sure if understand you correctly: You copied all your stuff to a bigger SD-card?? Well, logically that does not require any re-installation of any programs.. It's just like you would have moved all your files on your computer to a bigger harddrive (using correct tools afcourse)...!

The new SD-card might also be faster than the 4Gb card.. That might also bring more speed to your X2 xperience..

I'm pretty sure that the freezes and slow X2-experience has to do with the SPB-panels.. The are most likely created with faster processors on mind, and that the code for these panels are heavily bloated.. When i was in the process off installing the 3.5.2 panel, i was at one point uninstalling the original ones. At this point the phone feeled extremely quick.. I did not test further, cause i want to have the spb-panels because of their usability..

Well. I don't know if you understand me well, or maybe I just didn't know some things before....
So, I installed few programs on my X2 on 4GB memory card.

Than just copied Program files - through the computer - to 16GB.
So, besides all the .cab files, I also copied program files from 4GB memory card.
And just after that all the programs run, without re-installation to a new memory card...

Now:

I use only WM Homescreen.
I tested my x2 heavily also REPEATING some actions numerous times just to find a pattern.

What I found is that actually not SPB is the problem here,
but TileWave panel. I found a pattern where I could always reproduce freeze in certain conditions.

I think this and maybe Panel Manager - this one can also make problems.
I'm almost 100% sure of that.
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic