Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Angry with the police

123  Next
Author Angry with the police
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Today I am absolutely fuming my head off at the damn police & their stupidity at ever dealing with real criminals. My 2nd eldest brother is a keen photographer but today the police & The Bull Shit sorry Bull Ring shopping centre in Birmingham have banned my brother from ever entering the centre again just because he was taking photos Now they look at this as either he was taking photos of people or he is going to set off a bomb with his camera which is highly unlikely. My brother is a decent law abiding citizen who has never ever committed a single crime in his entire life. Now everyday complete tossers go out shop lifting,robbing,killing or hurting people yet instead of going out & catching real criminals they ban my brother from a shopping centre for taking a few photos? Has this country finally reached complete madness when the rights of a pervert see's it ok for him to live in a nice house across the road from my brother & his 4 children, yet my brother & tourists alike cannot take photograhs of the city centre? What is wrong with this country & normal peoples rights & common sense? It is all this human rights stuff which gives the criminals in this country the right to do what the hell they want, get away with it, live a nice life when normal people who take photographs are banned from visiting a shopping centre?? I called the police station in question & the manager of The Bull Shit sorry Bull Ring shopping centre & had the biggest rant of my life on the phone. I said if they do not lift this ban I shall be taking this further & shaming the Bull Ring management live on air on local radio. I can contact the local Radio WM whom have a presenter Ed Doolan an Australian guy who deals with issues in all sorts of problems. This they will not hear the end of & I for one will never ever set foot inside that Bull Ring myself either. What do tourists do everyday across the world. Take photos. Are they going to start arresting tourists now? I am sorry but in my eye's this is absolutely disgusting I am good at complaining & dealing with issues & problems coming from a hotel background myself & I do not stop until I get my way. Rant over.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-15 16:27 ]
Phone?? What phone??
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:32
Good rant did they delete all the photos? This happens to lots of people now because of terrorists trying to kill us all
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:39
No but they issued him with a ban notice on paper & said if he does it again he can be arrested or have his camera taken off him. Now I do understand what they are saying in a sense but banning him from entering & my brother is no terrorist or pervert it just makes me angry. There are hundreds of criminals & perverts out there police & authorities know about but they do sod all about it yet my brother gets this for taking a photo? Matt where do you get these new animated smilies?
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-15 16:41 ]
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:52
Take this matter further if i were you go to the court of human rights if need be don't stop until you win and its more than likely that you will and can win the so called anti-terror laws are in the U.K have gone beyond ridiculous that its become impossible for the ordinary law abiding public to live normal lives its time someone took a stand against all this

Did a bit of digging and found out that there is a runining campaign against this sort of thing take a look i'm sure you will find lots if useful information on there and people you can contact and get further advice from: photographernotaterrorist.org/
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 17:59
I personally think the UK is becoming a worse place to live than it was years ago. And who is to blame? Governments of course everything is their fault. This country is in a mess I cannot wait to when I can someday move back to Ireland. Had enough of this place. Thanks for the info. I remember it happened to some photographers in Greece years ago. Terrorists and criminals are living around us everyday yet they get off through the courts of so called humans rights. And what this goverment do gives them thousands in benefits and lets them walk all over us. Then you get stupid police officers arresting people taking photos or a guy who used a tissue on his nose whilst driving. Its pathetic where are the real criminals? Out living a great life. Oh and by the way it was not me it was my brother I aint hiding anything I was actually somewhere else today out looking for a new bed.

Best Debater & King of Garbage Esato Awards 2009[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-15 17:05 ][ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-15 17:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-02-15 17:09 ]
streetgang
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-15 18:51
If the police were using section 44 of the anti terrorist act then any confiscation cannot go ahead without a warrant, also the police or the security CANNOT under any circumstances delete or request the deletion of any images as this is against the law

http://www.liberty-human-righ[....]/s44-terrorism-act/index.shtml
[ This Message was edited by: streetgang on 2010-02-15 17:53 ]
http://pbrstreetgangsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

streetgang (+24, -0)
arien617
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 19:06
@streetgang

From Section 45 of the Terrorism Act 2000:

(2) A constable may seize and retain an article which he discovers in the course of a search by virtue of section 44(1) or (2) and which he reasonably suspects is intended to be used in connection with terrorism.

???
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 19:09
Terrorism laws are a mess and this country has that many laws nobody knows what is what.
Phone?? What phone??
mriley
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 19:11

On 2010-02-15 17:39:36, Bonovox wrote:
Matt where do you get these new animated smilies?

I paste them in by the url between [img] [/img]
Also, why has the goverment got that terrorist threat warning scale? i haven't seen it but i heard its on "severe" and this will just scare people and achieve what terrorists want
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/[....]urrent-threat-level/index.html
[ This Message was edited by: mriley on 2010-02-15 18:12 ]
Esato's Newbie of the year and Most Helpful Member 2010!
-------------------
Life is just a ride, enjoy it while you can
streetgang
C905 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-15 19:21
My bad!! got mixed up with image deletion. Permission has to be sought from chief con or court, used to be anyways

Its all down to "kneejerk legislation" post 9/11. Same in the states too, if you keep the people scared for long enough you can get anything thru. there was a time in this country when the police were very concious of public opinion but now it doesnt seem to matter how they appear,

I was "questioned" a few months back. i had my camera on a tripod with a long lens on overlooking the liverpool waterfront, 2 pcso`s (police canteen support officers) asked me "what i was doing"!!!!!! i replied that i WAS NOT fishing! they hung around and watched me for a while but no paperwork was filed. Bit further on down the prom from me some chav knobheads were oboviously training their pitbulls by letting them hang of some rope on the branches of a tree.............they were not questioned???
[ This Message was edited by: streetgang on 2010-02-15 18:28 ]
http://pbrstreetgangsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

streetgang (+24, -0)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 19:28
I would understand if my brother was hanging around a playground taking pics of kids or if he was hanging around the shopping centre directly taking pics of people or looking suspicious. But he is not. I am going down to the shopping centre tomorrow demanding to speak to the manager. I am not letting this drop. Rather than going after real criminals and actually getting it right they pick on innocent people. Did anyone hear of the story a couple of years ago in the news. A woman was told off in her local park for taking photos of her OWN child. Can you imagine that?
Phone?? What phone??
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-15 20:53
That is a rediculous story. How anyone can justify this beyond me. I could understand asking your brother to stop taking pictures but to ban him is daft. I would take it as far as you can but dont forget to not go against your brothers wishes.
I am a keen photographer and have only been approached by someone against it once which was by a mother who told me (not asked) to put my camera away as she didnt want her children being photographed. I wasnt even taking photos, I just had the camera in my hand.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 21:09
Yes indeed I will be taking it further and my brother is coming with me tomorrow. The whole thing is a joke.
Phone?? What phone??
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-15 21:55
I think legally the Bullring have the right to ban whoever they like from their premises as it is private land. Embarrase them into submittion by going to the press, they will probably love a story like this.
Another fun thing todo would be to get a huge get together of photographers to go in and take pictures everywhere.
[ This Message was edited by: jcwhite_uk on 2010-02-15 21:00 ]
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
thomas93
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-15 22:45
Tits, im off to london tomorrow.

Anybody Local care to front my bail?
(+10 -0) WoRld Tour
7 User!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi