Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > the day i leave Sony Ericsson for.

Previous  1234  Next
Author the day i leave Sony Ericsson for.
Junz
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 15:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Afaik new SE phone have different speed, some of the fast and the other slow, but im found my c901 fast
My reason to keep with SE because modding, we can create new feature with patch that we've never found it in other brands.
Nexus 4 + C901
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 15:30
a well optimized A200 (Java-based) UI runs faster then Symbian UI..........no doubt about that.

dont mention camera speed............for example, compare auto focus time on a N95/N82 against a C902

(C902 say zip, zip............N95/N82 say ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip, ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip before it find Focus)
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 15:55
sometimes out of focus
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 16:11
W995 is a good example its fast speedy and reliable although i had bad slider when i had one I think its stupid that people say Sony Ericsson wont come up with anything better than the Aino or the K750i seriously the K750i was great for its time but its dated now. Also Mr_lou why do you say they wont come up with anything better than Aino? If Sony Ericsson produced a phone as recent as the Aino that you love then surely they will come up with something else good or better in future that you will love so much you will be forgetting your Aino. Stupid comments imo. I had faith in Sony Ericsson that they would improve and they have and will continue too. I am not a big fan of the latest Symbian phone they have announced but that does not mean i no longer hate them. I know they will suddenly come up with something to make us all go wow. At the end of the day all manufacturers make lemons and mess up.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-01-27 15:14 ]
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 16:14
waiting for advance java platform
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 16:50
Well, I must say that my C902 (DB3150) is quite slow when compared to C905 / C510 (DB3210) or N82 / E71.
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 19:10

On 2010-01-27 16:11:00, Bonovox wrote:
I think its stupid that people say Sony Ericsson wont come up with anything better than the Aino or the K750i seriously the K750i was great for its time but its dated now. Also Mr_lou why do you say they wont come up with anything better than Aino? If Sony Ericsson produced a phone as recent as the Aino that you love then surely they will come up with something else good or better in future that you will love so much you will be forgetting your Aino. Stupid comments imo.

I think it's stupid to think it's stupid that people say Sony Ericsson won't come up with anything better than the Aino.
I mean within my requirements of course. They'll not come up with a substitute for my Aino mathcing my requirements. Aino is the first phone since W800 I consider a decent replacement for W800, except it has poor keys and it's slow. So I waited a long time to replace my W800 (and tried other phones while waiting).
(Well, K800 would also have been a good replacement, but didn't want that since the gf already had one (and still has, since there's nothing better from SE matching her requirements)).
I would be happy with a phone just like Aino, if it had keys and speed like the W800 - but there'll never be a device like that from SE. There's always something missing that filters it out of my wish-list. As I said, I'm too picky.
skylineR35
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 21:58
wow what a quick replies from all of you!

On 2010-01-27 15:02:54, domipost wrote:

On 2010-01-27 08:27:55, skylineR35 wrote:

in a tight budget i realized an LG KU990R (Viewty) looks amazing and it has the camera that i need (an upgrade to my K800) plus a touchscreen display. quickly bought it and never looks back.

You know, I do understand that you are a bit bored with A1/A2 after all those years and I can get that you think new phones are a bit slow and that you want to leave SE for the pretty boring portfolio, but having all those argues with SE and beďng happy with a friggin Viewty? Bonkers!

I've had a Viewty and it really was the biggest misbuy I've ever did. Slow, bad screen, boring etc.

But hey, that's just my opinion. It's all about what YOU are happy with as your phone, after all

lol, yes viewty is a one slowpoke device. but im quite happy with the camera and sms performance. after all i did not use viewty for photo-viewting, music listening or even organizer tasks. SE would have been better choice for those things. now i spend most of my time in computer screen so its much better than using phone.

On 2010-01-27 10:59:42, mr_lou wrote:
I would have left SE too years ago, because I too find their new phones utterly slow. My trusty W800 was damn fast at everything! My Aino is much slower, also in games, and I just don't get that. Shape up SE! This can't be real!

I need the sound playback quality SE delivers, and I've tried other brands in my search for this, but found none that matches what SE does in this area. Sound playback and video-recording are the reasons I'm sticking with SE still.

(And no I don't want to buy a Zune or any other mp3 player. I want one device only. So shut up).

Whoever worked for SE when they developed W800/W810 must have resigned. Can anyone tell me where they work now? I'll buy from that company then.

I'm leaning towards Android devices, although I think they're too big and I really prefer buttons for texting. But Swype text-input looks interesting, and also speech-to-text (although I doubt that'll ever work for me in my country), so maybe I'll be converted.
I did buy the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1, but too big and too clumsy for me so not using it.

Best phone for me doesn't exist, so I'm settling with the second best; SE Aino.

But I was also very happy about modding. Not that I did a whole lot of it, but when SE released a firmware that put noise on the sound playback on my W800 I was very happy I could just hack it and reinstall the old sound-drivers while keeping the rest of the new firmware. Installing other icons and such were also fun. I think modding is still necessary for me, because I'm so damn picky. No phone in the world matches my requirements, so I'll have to see what I can do myself to make one.

certainly i have to agree to your statements. the old SE platform was quick because there is no flash involved. flash files and themes definitely require faster processor and more memory so those without are "lighter".

the SE sound is usually top-notch compared to competitors. but im sure if you're using windows mobile, many application can be used to tweak the sound more convenient than flashing the acoustic file. if SE makes an affordable WM phones (i don't need whopping memory or top-notch camera) i would definitely get them.

imagine the combination of SE leading sound + customizable WM apps + additional audio filter in one simple device!

On 2010-01-27 13:32:14, GUCCI.011 wrote:
NOKIAs being slow,yes the N80s, N73s and N70s werent exactly speedy,but this is 2010, S60s are fast now IMO, didnt find much difference between my 5800 and my friends W995, SEs tend to slow down when multitasking though eg. Running Walkman, Opera Mini5 and IM app.
Compared to my W800 and the W880, my K850 and the W995 are slower.
As for boring,i find the A1/A2 boring because they are java "dumbphones" but compared to other "dumbphone" platforms IMO SE's is the least boring ,best looking and best to mod.
Havent used newer LGs though, only the Cookie and that was just okay,but if you're happy with LG stick with it, they realy have come a long way, some of their phones are realy under rated.
Dont blame you for leaving SE.

i have to say it too. i used to be a heavy SE fanboy. always using SE for my life until that part of my life changed, where i can survive without a phone... i've become a light phone user, plus i've tried many phones at homes, from friends etc. Nokia E series are the most among us, im pretty impressed with the speed. compared to N73, N70, N80, N95 definitely E series like E66, E63, E71 pawn those N series.

as i've become a light phone user -> which doesn't ask me for a top-speed in any phone, i decided to buy an LG, at first because viewty has similar interface to my K800 so i can quickly get used to it. plus, i want a phone that doesn't look cheap, so i get a touchscreen phone. prior to that i even purchased an LG cookie and now LG KS20. happy with all of them. frankly because they're under-rated -> cheap yet they dont look so cheap either. for the same low price, let say an W395 vs LG cookie, im sure LG Cookie looks more classy.

--

one of the comment i find it necessary to comment is that : SE does have the tons-of-users to do the bugfixing, many technologies to implement. but very rarely they heard consumers' want. i don't know if we're asking too much but at least, why are they using microSD and 3.5mm jack after 4 years of asking? many of us have been waiting for SE to use 3.5mm jack since the N95 era...

lastly, im pretty sure, after my inactivity for 2 years here, there is this one device called : iPhone 3G/S which booms like an instant vermin killer, becoming extremely common household device i've seen everywhere everytime. oh yes my brother has it and i've been using it for a week. not bad, but nothing special for me except for the accessories like docking station, alarm & speaker, special earphones (like Klipsch S4i).
engrusaf
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 22:46
I am potential wisher to come back again to SE portfolio once i had used to most, like K500/608/700/750/550/660, W200/300/710/810/910 & recently used C510. The strong point in SEs is its UI, Camera & Sound. I had switched over to Nokia symbians since 2 yrs though i partially tried SEs time to time due to its UI attraction. Unfortunately SE phones could not fulfill my requirement such as Notes, Office Viewer/Editer. It is very strange samsung / LG using office viewer in their non OS phones since many years but SE still can not. The other points i do not like in SEs are lack of standard micro usb, micro sd memory card & 3.5 audio jack so user feel isolation to those who uses non SE phones. I recently used C510 that have capacity of 50 notes only. How strange it is for the phone that support exchange server for sync including the notes. Further C510 was also lacking the real media streaming that i was used to 2 yrs ago in K550, how strange ??
SE has full potential to come back but they have to ensure:
standard USB, Memory card, 3.5 audio jack, Larger screens & Office, PDF & Notes support for their future phones.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 07:49
I've always felt very contented with my W995 until I read this thread and realized something major has been missing that I couldn't put my finger on before since I've had to come to terms with it long ago after switching from UIQ- Document viewer! Apparently it's too hard to implement that losing customers from the lack of it is more viable. That's really clever SE
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 08:50
Well yeah many times i have wanted to read something but i can't download it cos its a PDF file
Phone?? What phone??
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-28 13:50

On 2010-01-27 21:58:42, skylineR35 wrote:
certainly i have to agree to your statements. the old SE platform was quick because there is no flash involved. flash files and themes definitely require faster processor and more memory so those without are "lighter".

Which is why I don't use Flash themes. Using Flash themes makes it even slower indeed. But even without using Flash themes, it's slower in navigation and sms-writing. It's always annoying coming from something great and then having to settle for less, and there's no logic in new devices being less than older devices.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 14:45
Yep,flash themes although realy nice, COMPLETELY slow down the phone. I remember,when i got my K850, i debranded it and was excited that i could put Flash Themes on it after missing out on them on my Voda branded W900. What a big mistake, i filled the k850 up with flash themes, and soon discovered how useless and crappy they make the phone. When multitasking eg. Playing music, browsing with OperaMini and MXit IM client and using a flash theme my k850 would totaly slow down,especialy if i got a text message while doing the above,getting to that text would take a great amount of patience,as the phone took its own time to "think" and then do the task. The W995 i used was set to a normal theme ive read that even these newer SEs slowdown with flash themes,and when running the Walkman in the background.
The SE Aino would've been a fantastic SAMSUNG Jet rival if it had DivX/Avi support, and the right hardware,full touchscreen included, it doesnt doesnt deserve the Media Unlimited or whatever branding it is.
[ This Message was edited by: GUCCI.011 on 2010-01-28 13:51 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-28 14:49
I would not mine the Samsung Jet if it were made by I have actually used flash themes before & found it not to slow my c902. Oddly I have found that darker themes make the phone more speedy & bright ones seem to slow the menus slightly but not that badly. I don't use them themes much though. When I ahve used a flash theme on a Nokia its not slowed the phone either
Phone?? What phone??
skylineR35
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-01-30 15:50
well actually SE should have used Picsel document viewer.. its for non-OS and it works pretty fast.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi