Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > the day i leave Sony Ericsson for.

1234  Next
Author the day i leave Sony Ericsson for.
skylineR35
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 08:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Greetings all. its been about 2 years since my last post. or more.

im an ex light-moderate user and tweaker of my beloved K800i when it's still reigning (bought mine at 2007). previously an ex user of W550 and have been always using SE for my life before i upgrade to something else. loved this forums, se-nse is also a great forum too.

remember the good old days of flashing the phone, upgrade the firmware, use the old trusy XS++ to modify all the things in the phone. how good was it, i love that phone so much. until a part of my life has changed, which does not require me to listen to music in bus or trains anymore. leaving me mostly in front of computer screen. i stopped using XS++, i reset my phone to stock. perhaps just mod the acoustic file. in the midst of using a vanilla K800, it fails on me.

all of a sudden my display turns white, but the phone is still responding. all i have to do is to remove battery (perhaps reset the RAM inside) and it would be back. trying to bear with it for 6 months but it kept happening about once in 2 weeks. sold it off and use the money to buy a cheap brand new W350. the reason is because the same OS platform. W350 is a nice phone. thin, sleek, nice walkman player, no-need-to-lock keypad, stereo bluetooth too. in 3 months it fails on me again. sudden shutdown at random times. fed up, i sold it off and looking for replacement.

in a tight budget i realized an LG KU990R (Viewty) looks amazing and it has the camera that i need (an upgrade to my K800) plus a touchscreen display. quickly bought it and never looks back. early this year i gotten myself another LG, LG KS20 because it was on deal for me, so it was a "must buy" before its cleared from the market.

-- after almost 1 year of leaving SE, i take a look at SE product list and again, i don't find anything that interests me. the new platform may be the reason i don't want to go back to SE again. the old platform is fast, responsive and eventually no-frills. im no longer a "phone-freak", stopped modding phones and just use stock phone without modifying its internal. to be honest, SE phones (not smartphone) are boring without the mod.

my experience with SE phone:
- strong network signal
- responsive
- excellent music phone, as what it is designed
- no frills
- plenty of users, plenty of mods
- always insists of sony's proprietary M2 or non-3.5mm jack until recently

now, im sure many of you are having similar experience, perhaps even the day you leave something for SE? post your experience here. most would be appreciate it.
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 10:59
I would have left SE too years ago, because I too find their new phones utterly slow. My trusty W800 was damn fast at everything! My Aino is much slower, also in games, and I just don't get that. Shape up SE! This can't be real!

I need the sound playback quality SE delivers, and I've tried other brands in my search for this, but found none that matches what SE does in this area. Sound playback and video-recording are the reasons I'm sticking with SE still.

(And no I don't want to buy a Zune or any other mp3 player. I want one device only. So shut up).

Whoever worked for SE when they developed W800/W810 must have resigned. Can anyone tell me where they work now? I'll buy from that company then.

I'm leaning towards Android devices, although I think they're too big and I really prefer buttons for texting. But Swype text-input looks interesting, and also speech-to-text (although I doubt that'll ever work for me in my country), so maybe I'll be converted.
I did buy the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1, but too big and too clumsy for me so not using it.

Best phone for me doesn't exist, so I'm settling with the second best; SE Aino.

But I was also very happy about modding. Not that I did a whole lot of it, but when SE released a firmware that put noise on the sound playback on my W800 I was very happy I could just hack it and reinstall the old sound-drivers while keeping the rest of the new firmware. Installing other icons and such were also fun. I think modding is still necessary for me, because I'm so damn picky. No phone in the world matches my requirements, so I'll have to see what I can do myself to make one.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 11:02
Boring? You can also call it clear and simple. Easy to use.
True! A modded phone is more fun.
I do look around at other brands, but for now i'll stick to
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 12:25
Sony Ericsson phones slow? No. I actually found their older phones slower when they first changed from Ericsson to Sony Ericsson they forever used to use the old slow chip that plaqued Ericsson phones. But now i find them much better although they do slow down whilst multi tasking a bit. But Sony Ericsson boring? No. Whenever i end up straying away for a while from Sony Ericsson i end up missing them and coming back. I realise i miss the interface and i always get nostalgic about them. If you want slow go buy a Nokia N97 or most s60 phones. I have actually also noticed Sony Ericsson's general reliablity has improved since their troubled days compared to brands like LG or Nokia. I do not believe their phones are boring without modding i dont bother with any of that. Sony Ericsson is a brand in my heart although sometimes i have been angry and annoyed with them i still love them
Phone?? What phone??
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 12:49
Boring? Which phones? Sony ericssons ? Are you kidding? If you are saying these phones are slow then what you call nokias'. They are as fast as snails.

Sony phones are always so fast whether you do typing or playing game or anything. Yeah it gets slow when you are doing multitasking but it is acceptable.

No way i would ever leave sony ericsson.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 13:16
There's nothing in this world could get speed as fast as SE phone. I've never fall into random restart until now. And wouldn't think to change my way to other brand. SE WAS IN MY HEART, even my wife couldn't resist to have SE phone too in her hands.
Please visit My GALLERY
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 13:32
NOKIAs being slow,yes the N80s, N73s and N70s werent exactly speedy,but this is 2010, S60s are fast now IMO, didnt find much difference between my 5800 and my friends W995, SEs tend to slow down when multitasking though eg. Running Walkman, Opera Mini5 and IM app.
Compared to my W800 and the W880, my K850 and the W995 are slower.
As for boring,i find the A1/A2 boring because they are java "dumbphones" but compared to other "dumbphone" platforms IMO SE's is the least boring ,best looking and best to mod.
Havent used newer LGs though, only the Cookie and that was just okay,but if you're happy with LG stick with it, they realy have come a long way, some of their phones are realy under rated.
Dont blame you for leaving SE.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 13:40

so J
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 13:52
What would we all do here if Sony Ericsson were no more We will all be slaves force fed Nokia or Samsung
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 14:13
we all run to the shop and buy 5 new to be safe for the next 10 years
mr_lou
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 14:40

On 2010-01-27 12:49:44, ceaser2008 wrote:
Boring? Which phones? Sony ericssons ? Are you kidding? If you are saying these phones are slow then what you call nokias'. They are as fast as snails.

I never said Nokia devices were faster. I said newer SE phones are slower than older SE phones. I did buy Nokia once when I was tired of waiting for SE to release a proper substitute for my W800. Big mistake. Yes, Nokia devices are indeed even slower than newer SE devices. I've never really used my N82 for that very reason.
Yes it's true, the T68i was very slow though. I'm not talking about that long ago. K700 and W800/W810/K750 were very fast phones with good keys. I want that!

On 2010-01-27 13:52:00, Bonovox wrote:
What would we all do here if Sony Ericsson were no more We will all be slaves force fed Nokia or Samsung

No way I'm going for a Nokia. I might be persuaded to try out a Samsung, but....nah I don't think. They're just as slow as Nokia.
If Sony Ericsson wasn't here anymore, I'd have no choice but to go with a Google Nexus One for my next phone.... which will probably happen anyway, since I doubt SE will come up with a proper and better substitute for my Aino. (Requires major speed improvements and much better keys).
I prefer keys for T9 texting rather than touchscreen, but the stupid layout on the Aino is almost just as good as having no keys. Takes a looong time typing an sms with those keys.
mallaccra
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 14:56
do you know why the most famous agent on earth james bond aka 007 using because it's high-tech, reliable, durable and able to handle multi-tasking activities, 007 only want the best.....forget the sponsorship
mallaccra®
Xperia Z2 |D6503|4.4.2| Xperia Z1 |C6903|4.4.2| Xperia Z |C6603|4.2.2| Xperia ZL |C6502|4.2.2| Xperia TX |LT29i|4.1.2| Xperia Ion |LT28h|4.0.4| Xperia P |LT22i|4.1.2| Xperia J |ST26i|4.1.2| Aino
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 14:58
if you want to leave Sonyericsson...just leave the God forsaken company, (pretty useless conversation)

for me is Sonyericcson (& Ericsson ) Sweden finest High-tech company (just SAAB & Koenigsegg who beats them there )
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2010-01-27 14:05 ]
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-27 15:02

On 2010-01-27 08:27:55, skylineR35 wrote:

in a tight budget i realized an LG KU990R (Viewty) looks amazing and it has the camera that i need (an upgrade to my K800) plus a touchscreen display. quickly bought it and never looks back.

You know, I do understand that you are a bit bored with A1/A2 after all those years and I can get that you think new phones are a bit slow and that you want to leave SE for the pretty boring portfolio, but having all those argues with SE and beng happy with a friggin Viewty? Bonkers!

I've had a Viewty and it really was the biggest misbuy I've ever did. Slow, bad screen, boring etc.

But hey, that's just my opinion. It's all about what YOU are happy with as your phone, after all
code28h4p
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 15:06
If Sony Ericsson goes done or something like that, i will keep stay stick on my phone, i wont sold it. Nowaday, i just think to have the legend W810i again to get aside my C901.
Please visit My GALLERY
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi