Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio, Pixon 12 or Ipod touch?

Author Satio, Pixon 12 or Ipod touch?
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 14:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Help I like my W995 and don't want rid of it but would like a new phone and to do so I'd have to sell it due to finances can't have both.

Ipod touch - Lots of games, apps, good for going online but don't want to use Itunes and pay a fortune for music.

Pixon 12 - Lack of apps, nobody stocks the phone in the UK, and it has less memory.

Satio - Heard it's had faults with software, it's bigger than the Pixon.

I'd be paying 120 for an Ipod but the prices for satio and pixon are still about 300. That's alot as my W995 dropped in price quicker.

but I'd like a phone that has a good camera, internet + flash support, memory for music, video support for films?, touch screen games with good graphics.

I can't decide as they all have pro's and cons and my W995 has been faultless. If I could get a Pixon or Satio cheaper i'd be tempted but both sit at the same price. I have a few weeks to decide as that's when I will probably sell the W995 if i do.
[ This Message was edited by: se80 on 2010-01-12 13:29 ]
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 14:52
If you send a lot of sms stay away from satio... For me this and the music player are the main satio issues and i may change it for a omnia hd because of that (its a smartphone, 1500mh battery, great 8mp camara and its just not better than satio because no xenon flash, hd video, decent and fully functional media player unlike satio, capacitive and bigger touch screen and than means no more problems with sms, and its cheapper than the 3phones you mentioned) If you opte for iphone you ll have a better OS but have to live with a 3years old camara among other things... as for pixon i never tried one but i dont like samsung menus that much and you ll have to live with a limited OS. I think Samsung omnia hd its the most balanced touch screen phone today
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 15:11
Look at the NOKIA X6, N97-Mini, HTC Hero or otherwise iPhone3GS 16GB
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 15:20
I'd say forget the Satio and the N97 ... go for HTC, Iphone or possibly the Nexus.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 17:06
I would get Pixon 12 for me its a fantastic camera and has everything else you need.
Phone?? What phone??
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 17:18
i like satio lot i see some of the problems but i expect it'll be fixed. and the battery life is poor. i also own w995. sms'ing in satio is pain but practice will definitely help. and camera is excellent it has xenon flash.. no purple fringing over sharpening and accurate colors. media section is wonderful very smooth and no log at all....
w995 camera is not impressed me as LED flash and poor color accuracy and purple fringing, noise. out except its a wonderful phone without a single flaw... i really like w995 but i wished to have xenon..
over all satio is good in my point... there are lot of satio users so u'll get to know about the flaws but u need to get the experiences of other phobne users so that u'll also get to know the respective flaws...
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 17:25
I, for one, love the satio. DO try it in a shop. I don't know what's wrong with the music player. Overall, great camera, great interface and responsive as well.
And not a single crash in the 4 weeks I've had it. That's how it's been for me.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 17:37
If you're seriously thinking about spending 120 on an iPod Touch, you really should consider an iPhone. It's fair to say the camera's not the best, but on the 3GS at least it's quite reasonable, and you have the best OS and app experience by a square mile, right there in your phone - as opposed to in a separate ipod you may not always have with you.
rmk152
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 17:41
Satio works for me and just like NightBlade said, i have had no issues since i bought it OCT 09. However if i was unable to get the Satio i would have gone for the Omnia HD and lived with a smaller camera.
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 20:28
Thanks for the replies. Omnia HD is no good as it's too big but I heard about a HD recording LG phone? seems it's never seen the shelves?

I am a bit of a texter sometimes write quite large SMS's so I know how hard touch screens are for that. I had the LG Viewty and managed to speed up texting but not anything like a phone with buttons.

Iphone..the camera is not worth a punt for me as it's not good. The ipod touch would do I just don't fancy Itunes but you get free games for satio and iphone online? It seems pointless getting an ipod as it's main use won't be music but you can put movies on it too it's more of a all round media thing is it not?

The W995 has the Wi-fi and ok camera so it would not be the be all end all as much as I would love a 12Mp camera phone. The market seems limited almost shoved to the back with smart phones and iphones now. I'm actually disappointed the Pixon was out when September? and we have not seen anymore 12MP alternatives hit the shelves.

They think screen size matters but they are starting to work there way upto the bricks of the 1980's.

If I hold off for another generation phone I wish they would get optical zooms + HD recording out on these top end camera phones. HD would be a big thing.
[ This Message was edited by: se80 on 2010-01-12 19:29 ]
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 21:53
Then if your a heavy texter go for a big touch screen or with a keyboard. You wont fell the size diference of omnia hd to satio but you ill see a huge improvement while typing messages. All the phones ppl suggest you are very good but none of them is perfect so i suggest you to go try it all in a store to see whos the one that fits best your taste or else you may be a little disapointed like myself with satio
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-01-12 22:32
Multitouch on the iPhone makes for a much better/faster touchscreen keyboard for textig than you may have found on other phones - the LG isn't a fair comparison!
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 00:21

On 2010-01-12 22:32:05, Boinng wrote:
Multitouch on the iPhone makes for a much better/faster touchscreen keyboard for textig than you may have found on other phones - the LG isn't a fair comparison!

I have tried an iphone in the shops and they are different class. Online browsing was quick and easy. I'm tempted to go for the Ipod as I like my W995 keypad + the old style java games still. Atleast If I get the Ipod half the price I can decide if the Iphone is worth the upgrade and sell the ipod.

The only thing is the camera but there's so much mainstream support for the Iphone/pod which makes me think it's way better than the Pixon 12 which has nothing I hear.

I hear it won't do java and flash so I guess youtube would need done the same way the W995 does. There's still lots of HTML sites around anyway. I think they do TV in quicktime?

I'd still like a Satio but if not I'm sure an upgrade of that will be due that would be interesting.
[ This Message was edited by: se80 on 2010-01-12 23:22 ]
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-01-13 06:54
Get the iPod touch. Make sure that should be last generation. You will gonna like it. IMO it's worth money than iphone on hardware based.
se80
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 19:58
I got my Ipod touch and it's good but still fancy getting a Satio as my W995 is getting boring.

I guess for apps Satio is not good? Ideally I'd like to use both devices. I want a 12MP camera and some of the satio games and have all my music on it. I guess the Ipod still has a better browser than satio?

What else does Satio do that an Ipod won't?
[ This Message was edited by: se80 on 2010-01-27 18:58 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi