Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia's Carl Zeiss beats all camera phones

Author Nokia's Carl Zeiss beats all camera phones
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-07 13:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@D_Piero

Ericsson don't make good phones you say?

You probably do work for Nokia like mriley wrote. Go and research about the Ericsson mobile division and then comment. They were far better than anything out there, Nokia included.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
ryuriel
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-01-07 14:20
just passing...
modded P1i(R9K009),hydro icon pack,iphone lock,walkman v3 player,midway shutdown,startup!
AllAboutUIQ3
johnmcl7
P900
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 02:36

On 2009-12-31 14:40:09, carkitter wrote:
For those that think Carl Zeiss is just branding should look up the history of the Zeiss brand. They practically invented all the modern lens technology starting with microscopes and moving to cameras as they became available. As I understand it the point of difference with Carl Zeiss lenses was that they quality tested every single one instead of a sample like other lens manufacturers, dunno it that carries over to the mobile phone lenses but I doubt they would dilute their brand reputation with low quality lenses for high end Nokia phones.

It is just branding, camera phones have very simple lenses and even the slightly more complex N93 didn't have any sort of exotic lens elements for its Zeiss badging, despite the Vario Tessar naming the only feature it shares with the Tessar design is the name. Of course Zeiss have diluted their brand for money, they have a very small market now and you can't really drop any lower than having your name on a phone camera, clearly none of the Nokia cameras are handbuilt in Germany. They're not on their own in this regard as other companies with well known names have realised the potential of selling their name, Minolta, Sigma and Panasonic lenses have all had the Leica name slapped on them for money.

John
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi