Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Sony Ericsson Satio - A Different Perspective

Author Sony Ericsson Satio - A Different Perspective
kish
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 16:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been reading a number of negative comments about the satio on the various forums. The gist of most of the comments seem to be I want a powerful telephone and operating system but it must be as easy to use as opening a milk carton. The two just do not go hand in hand. If you use the telephone as designed without customizing anything it works fine. I have been using the Satio for over a month now with both firmware versions and I found no problem with it whatsoever. I used all the telephone features and garmin mobile frequently. The camera is excellent.

Much of the additional software that is available is designed specifically for Nokia and I think will cause some instability on the telephone so I terminate any app that is not native to the telephone after using it. The difficulty of installing contacts from a vcard was solved by dreamspring with dreamconnect where they have a small applet that allows you to load a vcard containing more than one contact and saving it to the addressbook.

I think the Satio is a great telephone and I am really pleased that I decided to buy it instead of the iphone. Wi-fi with the new firmware is great and you can even connect to a wi-fi network with the phone in flight mode. This is especially useful when you do not want to have a call disrupt your browsing.

I have had no problems with the Satio for the way that I use it. The p1i took me a lot longer to stabilise than the Satio. I do miss the UIQ though. That said their might even be the possibility that android might be ported to the Satio.
anzalrahman
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 17:07
ive been using the satio for two weeks now...i dont find any faults with it other than the lack of an equalizer...there are not many applications either...i was scared at first to buy this phone with all the negative media about the satio being recalled and all..

btw i dont think android can be ported onto the satio
Lembo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 17:14
I concur,

I've heard a lot of problems of which I haven't really experienced.
OS seems great enough and has only froze when pushing it. Network, wifi and bluetooth is solid.

My only problem is the response of people when they see me using it.

dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 17:26
Agree... it is great phone with little issues. The issues we see here is all due to high expectation.

No regrets on having decided for the phone.
[ This Message was edited by: dipb on 2009-12-16 16:27 ]
panties
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 21:59
This being my first symbian phone and i like it, only issue with me are small things like timers/alarms missing and using the light as a torch but apart from all that its been solid (for the 2 days i've had it), you just need to hack it to get the best out of these things.
tono
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-21 22:11
Interesting,
I have pretty much the same experience - the Satio works as expected in general - the camera and camera features go way beyond what i thought it would be. I guess the camera capabilities was what made me buy it in the first place.

I also have to say they have managed to create a very attractive formfactor for day to day use,

Having been through the P990/G900/P1i etc is is my absolute impression that the Satio will become a really realiable workhorse within the next updates or so, for my use it is almost there already except for some slight reliablility issues with blutetooth headsets when moving in and out of coverage (walking away from the phone...)

Finally the battery capacity have gone from fair to great after some month of use plus the new firmware

/Tom
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 05:19
I agree, I've been using mine now for a few weeks and wouldn't consider powering up my P1i, there have been several issues I'd like improved but these are small things that would improve usability like the music player being able to filiter out files below a certain size so it doesn't play my ringtones on shuff play

The only real bug I have found so far it to do with syncing with outlook or backing up, i have about 20 notes which I have transfered from device to device but when I try to sync them with outlook as backup it chops off the bottom 90% of the note, only way i've been able to transfer them is to create txt files and bluetooth from computer to phone, the backup facilities need serious attention, I'd rather just use PCsuite to backup my - notes - settings - contacts - sms, how hard can that be to get right
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi