Author New bugs since firmware update
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-21 20:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
a bit off topic

the Satio is not at all waterproof
as it doesn't work for me fell in the swimming pool so make sure it doesn't get wet
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-21 22:33
Water proofing was due in R1CB!
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2009-12-21 23:18
perhaps OT again...In which folder I must copy new themes (sis files), so they can be seen and used on Satio?

thanks.
why jibuti? work all day like slave...
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 00:03

On 2009-12-21 20:37:14, basithz wrote:
a bit off topic

the Satio is not at all waterproof
as it doesn't work for me fell in the swimming pool so make sure it doesn't get wet

Thanks for the information. But very few mobile phones (I think Nokia has some) which are waterproof.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 05:05
take out battery immediatly, strip it down, dry with hairdryer or use high pressure airline (preferred)to blow water out, it could just start working again, generally water is not harmful to electronic devices, i remember spilling a glass of coke on my laptop which stopped it working, the pcb's inside where covered in brown sticky goo, I stripped it down and washed everything in the sink with soap and water excluding hardrives etc and and used hi pressure air to dry and it's still working 3 years later, water is used in manufacturing process of PCB's most components will be fine, only issue would possibly be with the screen if water got into the layers.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 05:20
and on topic about bugs

The only real bug I have found so far is to do with syncing with outlook or backing up, i have about 20 notes which I have transfered from device to device but when I try to sync them with outlook as backup it chops off the bottom 90% of the note, only way i've been able to transfer them is to create txt files and bluetooth from computer to phone, the backup facilities need serious attention, I'd rather just use PCsuite to backup my - notes - settings - contacts - sms, how hard can that be to get right
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 11:21
but i cant disassemble the Satio as it has a odd type of screw at the bottom behind the battery cover
also will see if they give me a replacement for it i am on the 3 network with no mobile insurance do you think they'll give me one if i don't tell them it has liquid damage as i will say its been turning off lately for the last few weeks and today it doesnt turn on.

do you think they'll believe my story as it has been happening to most Satio's
[ This Message was edited by: basithz on 2009-12-22 10:21 ]
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 11:56

On 2009-12-21 23:18:02, jibuti wrote:
perhaps OT again...In which folder I must copy new themes (sis files), so they can be seen and used on Satio?

thanks.

You can copy them to any folder of your choice as you have to install them .....
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 12:06
The screws need a T6 screwdriver.

They might believe. But you have to convince them as they will try to ascretain the damage asking you many questions. So it is all down to your negotiation skills !!
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 12:31

On 2009-12-22 12:06:01, dipb wrote:
The screws need a T6 screwdriver.

They might believe. But you have to convince them as they will try to ascretain the damage asking you many questions. So it is all down to your negotiation skills !!

i am a pretty good negotiator, and thank you for the help do you know how much a T6 screwdriver costs
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 12:35
At ebay, the lowest you will get is £2-3. Search for "T6 Screwdriver". If you go to your local DIY shop might get cheaper.
Can also try the local borough market mobile shop, sometime they sell the screwdriver.
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 19:30
Mate, if you are going to try taking it back you will at very least need to put a new battery in!

Take a look at the battery, at the top there is a small square of paper, this is normally white, but when it comes into contact with water it will turn bright red (universal litmus paper) and this is how shops make an easy check for water damage, there are also some more squares inside the phone I believe, but if you change the battery and then they agree to exchange it there and then this won't matter, however if they say they will send it for repair, once they open it they will realise straight away once they see the internal squares.
Bit annoying really, as this square can quite easily turn red from any moisture such as sweat or rain, if the square is red they will write off your warranty even if the fault is nothing to do with it.

I never knew about this when I tried to take my c905 back after dropping it down the toilet I tried arguing for a while but I knew really I had been caught red-handed so was pretty embarrased.
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 22:21

On 2009-12-22 19:30:43, gregpot2000 wrote:
Mate, if you are going to try taking it back you will at very least need to put a new battery in!

Take a look at the battery, at the top there is a small square of paper, this is normally white, but when it comes into contact with water it will turn bright red (universal litmus paper) and this is how shops make an easy check for water damage, there are also some more squares inside the phone I believe, but if you change the battery and then they agree to exchange it there and then this won't matter, however if they say they will send it for repair, once they open it they will realise straight away once they see the internal squares.
Bit annoying really, as this square can quite easily turn red from any moisture such as sweat or rain, if the square is red they will write off your warranty even if the fault is nothing to do with it.

I never knew about this when I tried to take my c905 back after dropping it down the toilet I tried arguing for a while but I knew really I had been caught red-handed so was pretty embarrased.

but cant i say the phone has been powering down quite often these last few weeks and it wont turn on today also that there have been software faults with most Satio's and i think i should get a replacement for it; i think thats a very good story i can make them believe what do you think
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-12-30 21:23

On 2009-12-10 10:40:37, jmcomms wrote:
On that basis, I'd say it's something else on the phone causing the stuttering

I would agree. Since i posted when updating the firmware it happened two or three times when shooting a video. But it hasnt happened since. So all in all id say my Satio is very stable and bug free - again except for the lack of other standby themes.

One downside however is the battery. The phone does not seem to last as long anymore. But whether thats me using it more than before im not sure.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-31 00:57
The battery lasts longer for me since the update. Video playback is now more stable, although I've not recorded any long videos to see if the stuttering problem still occurs.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi