Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New bugs since firmware update

Author New bugs since firmware update
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-13 12:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Is anyone finding the clock losing time? My phone has jumped back from 1129GMT to 0740GMT. It's set to automatic time (network) at the moment, but it has done this when set manually too.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2009-12-14 18:29
Has anyone else experienced the phone calling people by itself ??
Today I was on a call via bt, phone nowhere near my hands and the caller disappeared and instead i had o2 customer service on the line, I didnt know how to get rid of the call but after pushing the buttons o2 disconnected and my caller came back on
this happened 4 times .

I eventually abandoned my call but the call log shows I dialled o2, it was incidently the last call I made yesterday.
This is making me nervous as I do not wish the phone to dial people at will .

I didnt touch the earpiece either so definately not anything I did.
[ This Message was edited by: larry 68 on 2009-12-14 17:30 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-12-14 18:33
Cant say i have that either. Still the only bugs i appear to have are the lack of any other standby themes (bug or not?) and the video camera still freezing up.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-14 22:32
My requirement is not a bug, but every time I want to take a picture in MACRO mode, I have to go through settings !! There should be some kind of shortcut to switch on MACRO and then switch off the mode when done. Easy access.
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 03:08
This is BS.

I haven't even updated my firmware yet because all of the bugs people have been getting outweigh the benefits to the original update. My Satio freezes alot so I just did a soft reset last night. Piece of crap, now my phone won't record video.

I will agree with others' issues:

-Clock losing time (vs other clocks in my house and my car clock)
-Lots of freezing and black screens
-unstability when removing camera cover
-unstability when pressing cancel
-pretty much unstable when doing anything on this damn phone.
anzalrahman
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 07:36
i agree with dipb ...there should be an easier way to switch into macro like se's previous camera phones
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 07:42

On 2009-12-15 03:08:38, Monaco wrote:
This is BS.

I haven't even updated my firmware yet because all of the bugs people have been getting outweigh the benefits to the original update. My Satio freezes alot so I just did a soft reset last night. Piece of crap, now my phone won't record video.

I will agree with others' issues:

-Clock losing time (vs other clocks in my house and my car clock)
-Lots of freezing and black screens
-unstability when removing camera cover
-unstability when pressing cancel
-pretty much unstable when doing anything on this damn phone.

I think you should reconsider and do the update anyway. Most of the bug fixes in the new release are not as obvious as one would have expected, like added new functionality, but most of the instablility problems and freezes are actually gone after the firmware update, at least on my Satio. The battery stamnia has increased too.
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 09:25
I have a few annoying problems after updating!

1: My Google search no longer works, by clicking on the magnifying class on the home screen, or the app in the organiser menu, If I press it the phone vibrates and the icon makes an animation that it’s been pressed in but then nothing happens?

2. When I turn my phone off and back on again, the auto-lock feature is turned to on and set to lock after a minute, even though I have not touched it? If I turn it off in the menu, and then turn my phone on and off again the lock turns itself back on!

There is a couple of other things as well that I can’t remember right now, Have also noticed battery life is terrible, it will last a couple of days if I just leave it on a table not doing anything, But if I actually use it I am getting as little as 15hours standby time, and by use I don’t mean intensive tasks like video player etc, I just mean navigating menu’s and a few SMS etc.
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 09:39
@greg .... is that the auto phone lock or the auto key lock ..... sounds like the phone lock
which is yet another different menu !!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
gregpot2000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-15 09:49
Hi There

It’s the Phone auto-lock under the phone and sim lock menu, basically if you don’t press anything for a certain amount of time it requires the phone code to be entered to unlock it, a bit like a screensaver password on a pc.
VaderZg
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-19 18:21
Hi guys !

Does anyone have a problem with the sound levels during video recording ? My sound is so low I can barely hear it even in a quiet room, when I put the phone next to my ear.. This happens in video recordings and also when I use sound recorder..

I updated my software via SEUS to the latest version, but I'm not sure if I had the same problem before the update (I updated it 2 hours after I bought it).

My software version is : 1218-9500_R1CA037, and for the custom version it says : 1224-3792_R1BA028 ,both from 29.11.2009.
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-19 19:19

On 2009-12-19 18:21:18, VaderZg wrote:
Hi guys !

Does anyone have a problem with the sound levels during video recording ? My sound is so low I can barely hear it even in a quiet room, when I put the phone next to my ear.. This happens in video recordings and also when I use sound recorder..

I updated my software via SEUS to the latest version, but I'm not sure if I had the same problem before the update (I updated it 2 hours after I bought it).

My software version is : 1218-9500_R1CA037, and for the custom version it says : 1224-3792_R1BA028 ,both from 29.11.2009.

I have the same problem at the momet I'm begining to think about selling this and getting the htc hd2
[ This Message was edited by: Del on 2009-12-19 18:19 ]
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-19 20:50
Yes, it is the same version here. I have been complaining about the overall sound recording volume quite sometime. This problem was there in previous and the current FW.

Also, have anyone noticed, when openning the menu after a long time on Full Screen theme, the menu first appears for a second very smaller and then vanishes and comes back full screen. The whole event happens in less than a sec. Is that only happening with my phone or common.

I recently debranded my phone with DaVinci.
PawCat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-21 10:03
Yes the volume is far too low for recording and the video often freezes for a second or two.
I dont seem to get the weird menu issue but when ever i go to add a photo to an mms i get and error message warning of memory being full but then it still works fine so no idea what that warning is about.

My biggest gripe is no smilies and no EQ.
larry 68
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2009-12-21 19:51
I still cant add images to mms, the application closes down everytime. Have to select an image instead and then chose to send it as a message
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi