Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New bugs since firmware update

Author New bugs since firmware update
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 05:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
can someone try this

press the view pics button on side of phone beside camer button in landscape, and use finger to scroll pictures sideways, on mine there is a delay of about half a second as though the scroll didn't work, it is none responsive and makes scrolling quite difficult, this is what I meant above by sticky.
rmk152
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 07:02
This is why i want to back-up my current firmware before any updates. it was easy with my previous phones because i used SETool + XS++.

How can we do it with symbian phones?
TheHamster
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 08:48

On 2009-12-07 05:58:53, gharknes1 wrote:
can someone try this

press the view pics button on side of phone beside camer button in landscape, and use finger to scroll pictures sideways, on mine there is a delay of about half a second as though the scroll didn't work, it is none responsive and makes scrolling quite difficult, this is what I meant above by sticky.

It's a bug... I was starting to think that it was because i'd switched to full 12mp mode but its not. It's annoying for sure!

New bug for me, appears that the sony beta sync service has stopped working. SE have changed the sync menu layout but if i have 'sony ericsson' profile active the sync fails with 'Connection error'.

Anyone else have this issue since upgrading?

Edit: this sync issue is not a bug as such, the network connection had changed back to 'payg contract', ive changed it to 'default connection' and its back working.
[ This Message was edited by: TheHamster on 2009-12-07 20:39 ]
cableguy
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 11:00
I cant edit any photos/pictures after the update
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 11:19
The chat client doesn't work anymore. Not a big deal, since I don't use it, but before, it displayed input fields for entering the chat server and login credentials. Now, nothing happens when I tap on the icon.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 13:55

On 2009-12-07 05:58:53, gharknes1 wrote:
can someone try this

I do not have a delay. It works instantly.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 17:18
interesting you do not have this problem, note it is only evident when you accesss the pictures through the View pics button beside the camera button, all other methods work fine, eg the home screen pic view at the top is ok and the pic viewer in media is fine too. Its not a major fault and is intermittant, you can be scrolling to the left through pics then you swipe your thumb across but the screen doesn't scroll to the next pic for up to 2 secs then it may scoll 2-3 pics because you swiped it a few times thinking it wasn't working (sticky) is best word to describe it.

PS I still cannot find a dictionary in the organiser folder and to my knowledge was never there (vodafone UK Branded)
[ This Message was edited by: gharknes1 on 2009-12-07 16:25 ]
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 17:31
@gharknes1... yes followed the same process as you said.. I do not have that prob.

Dictionary... I did not have from day one.. so I feel it is something to do with branding.
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-07 19:04
+1 for the upside down thing. Anyone have a solution?
Called voda they have NO trace of any complaint whatsoever
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 09:56
+1 for the no dictionary.
-1 for the view pics button issue

can speed dial by press and hold or speed dial location and call button,
when it remembers the speed dials that is .... !

in silent mode I can get vibrate and led for calls,
led for missed call alerts, but neither for SMS ....
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 15:37
the most severe issue for me after the upgrade is that the battery now only lasts for about 12 hours on standby, no Bluetooth on, no WiFi on, no GPS on, no calls made or received. 12 hours compared to the 360 specified on the product information page on sonyericsson.com and in the white paper is only a little more than 3% ...
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-08 17:19
for battery issues,is it worth doing a hard boot as some of the members are saying hard boot solves their problem ?
just a suggestion as I have not see such a bad situation on my Satio with regard to battery.

my only problem being not able to detect wireless signals when any app is initiated and trying to access wirless as an access point. once initiated and connected, it doesnot disconnect though.
reehsetin
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-09 11:57
didn't really have any bugs before but upgraded 2 days ago anyway and now when I play video it keeps freezing, anyone else?
It's an Orange UK version
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-12-09 13:51

On 2009-12-08 17:19:05, dipb wrote:
for battery issues,is it worth doing a hard boot as some of the members are saying hard boot solves their problem ?
just a suggestion as I have not see such a bad situation on my Satio with regard to battery.

Actually, I contacted SonyEricsson's support about this problem, and I was recommended to re-install the new firmware, and actually, it does seem to have made a difference. It's now about 8 hours since I disconnected the charger this morning, and the battery indicator is still a solid green rectangle, i.e. 100%-ish (I cannot read the actual percentage)
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-09 18:45
My dictionary seems to be corrupt now, such that the * key doesn't toggle between possible words or bring up the symbols screen anymore.

So, looks like tonight is when I have to do a reset and see what happens.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi