Previous  123 ... 144145146 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
stais
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 17:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey

New user, but have been reading for quite a while.

Just wanted to bring an interview with Bert Nordberg (CEO) posted yesterday to your attention. It's found at http://di.se/Artiklar/2010/10[....]ert-Nordberg-gar-for-tillvaxt/

It's in Swedish, but here are a few pieces that might be of interest (my translation):

To increase Sony Ericsson's appeal, Bert Nordberg promises new flag ship models that outshine the competitors

"We will step up and have a leading edge product in the future. It has become a race of the latest Android version and the highest clock speed. It's a race we have to adjust to. That's what the magazines write about"
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 18:19

On 2010-10-16 17:59:57, stais wrote:
"We will step up and have a leading edge product in the future. It has become a race of the latest Android version and the highest clock speed. It's a race we have to adjust to. That's what the magazines write about"

huge applause for this realization (finally a company which admits this)
but as always - they need to deliver
words alone don't buy you new costumers
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 18:40
The way he says 'That's what the magazines write about' is shocking! Consumers also want an up-to-date product which is mainly why the Eclair phones have outsold the Xperia phones.

He shouldn't listen too much to the useless P.R.O from SE cause we want a complete high-end phone or phones. I feel Bert is the perfect man for the CEO job but he needs to be his own man.

I really hope by 'leading edge' he means in all departments.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 19:01

Hey

Just wanted to bring an interview with Bert Nordberg (CEO) posted yesterday to your attention. It's found at http://di.se/Artiklar/2010/10[....]ert-Nordberg-gar-for-tillvaxt/

It's in Swedish, but here are a few pieces that might be of interest (my translation):

To increase Sony Ericsson's appeal, Bert Nordberg promises new flag ship models that outshine the competitors

*brushing away a tear* Finally!

rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 20:26
SE should also put into consideration the release date of the devices. Customers do not want to wait for too long.

Anyway, maybe SE can start their new initiative this year with the X12 - 12 mpx Android phone. Then next year X16, an android phone with 16.4 mpx camera. As the saying goes, early bird catches worms first.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 21:23
the mind share that SE had is still a STRONG point for this company. they had a few bad years since the gross rejection of the P5i (remember paris .... wow~) anyway.

IF SE decides to place a GENERIC flavor of android on their devices, whos hardware reflects the promise of being related to SONY! and ERICSSON! *(consumer electronics plus the number 1/2 cell radio provider) this should be no competition. bezeless high resolution power sipping screens, battery technology, i could go on. but the fact that the X10 came out in january, only to be picked up in october, when it LEAKED in june of 09 ... is unreal. the delay was ONLY due to Time/Media scape and optimizing it for the device. when in reality had they released an upto date device (2.0/2.1) at the time it was announced, they would have had a SMASH hit, if you remember the N1 came out and stole the whole show from the X10 all of those sales could have gone to SE had they played the hardware game. had the scape scene been an additional download when it was ready, it would have been no reason if i were in charge to let the phone sit, as a finished product waiting for a pair of features that really dont help sell the phone. at least not in this market ... they need a technology forecaster, so that they dont fall short of upcoming trends. i nominate myself!
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-16 21:38

On 2010-10-16 21:23:57, my ninja wrote:
the mind share that SE had is still a STRONG point for this company. they had a few bad years since the gross rejection of the P5i (remember paris .... wow~) anyway.

IF SE decides to place a GENERIC flavor of android on their devices, whos hardware reflects the promise of being related to SONY! and ERICSSON! *(consumer electronics plus the number 1/2 cell radio provider) this should be no competition. bezeless high resolution power sipping screens, battery technology, i could go on. but the fact that the X10 came out in january, only to be picked up in october, when it LEAKED in june of 09 ... is unreal. the delay was ONLY due to Time/Media scape and optimizing it for the device. when in reality had they released an upto date device (2.0/2.1) at the time it was announced, they would have had a SMASH hit, if you remember the N1 came out and stole the whole show from the X10 all of those sales could have gone to SE had they played the hardware game. had the scape scene been an additional download when it was ready, it would have been no reason if i were in charge to let the phone sit, as a finished product waiting for a pair of features that really dont help sell the phone. at least not in this market ... they need a technology forecaster, so that they dont fall short of upcoming trends. i nominate myself!

Exactly!!!!!!!

I hope they hold back on their next high-end announcement and announce it in December if it is to be released in January seeing that they won't be releasing anything this year. Hell, they coud even announce the phone early January and release it mid-January.

They need to play their cards right from now on.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 04:30
A highend 8mp walkman android phone that plays xvid/dixv should be a part of their lineup
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 07:29
I guess that's the big surprise he mentioned when they opened the new HQ in Atlanta.

Hey

I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:02
Yup
The X12
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:12
I know the X stands for Xperia. What if it would stand for Xmas? December is the 12th month also
gauravsali
T650 Blue
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:31
@avmaxfan
do u knw any more leaks i mean about photos?
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:34

On 2010-10-17 08:12:13, tranced wrote:
I know the X stands for Xperia. What if it would stand for Xmas? December is the 12th month also

3 November 2010 or 12 December 2010?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:36
Do you think it will be announced in the same date as the X10? I prefer to believe in your second option.
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-17 08:45
Umm the announcement can be made late anytime around November/ December. It "was" supposed to be announced early november. I am not sure if the plan still holds or it has been delayed. IF it has not been delayed then yes we can expect an early November announcement of both the X11 and the X12.

*Fingers Crossed*

@Gauravsali

Sorry no pics
I wish I had

But since its a no doubt it will be a stunner just like the X10
[ This Message was edited by: avmaxfan on 2010-10-17 07:46 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 144145146 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic