Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SE-Portfolio 2010

Previous  123 ... 141142143 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
se-fan
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-11 17:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I donīt think SE wont release any W7 phone in the near future they will focus on Android to 110%, and W7 with 0% because the masses donīt want W7.....
if you cant choose what phone you should buy, buy an Sonyericsson
dr.W
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-11 20:34

On 2010-10-11 17:08:17, se-fan wrote:
I donīt think SE wont release any W7 phone in the near future they will focus on Android to 110%, and W7 with 0% because the masses donīt want W7.....

Of course you have some sort of information to back this up right? Or were you recently appointed to speak for the masses?

Please, conjecture is one thing, but baseless drivel really does not belong here. You just waisted 15 seconds of my life reading that pointless post.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-10-11 22:03
And i have just done the same thing with your's

jjjajjj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-11 22:43
Hmmm... I am really glade that SE didn't Announce any WM7 phone today,
because all the phones That have been announced today were ordinary with almost look-a-like designs and the same hardware .

WiTh LoVE
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-10-11 23:19
^
There isn't much they could do with the hardware but surely you agree that they're all very impressive, all forced to be high end. HTC had a great range of devices but the Dell looks amazing. It would have been hugely beneficial for if they had shown us a proto or at least allowed a leak for it because the HTC's are all that are being talked about. If the majority get a HTC at launch and they turn out to be good, why would people switch to later on? By the time the Xperia comes out, everyone would have settled with their devices and its clear that HTC want to establish themselves with the OS the same way they did with Android.

This is potentially a massive market, HTC are going all out which is risky if the OS flops but if there is only one Xperia out, its a small loss which is worth the risk because if WP7 becomes a hit, will miss out on a big slice of the pie. All that matters is that HTC profits increased massively last quarter and its not like their phones are so amazing or anything, they are a very smart company. They're going to do even better over the next quarter.

The Dell is getting much love and its the type of device that you would wait for and resist buying the HD7 Pro despite Dell being a lightweight compared to HTC. Its an approach the should have adopted given that they are a reputable mobile company. As the WP7 marketing machine gets into full swing, I think will be forced to leak or announce something early even if they release much later on. Even if WP7 flops, there will be a massive initial rush in sales and then, people may choose to leave for something else but there is a lot of good things about the OS and I think that it will establish itself. Considering that the majority use Windows on their PCs, having that on a mobile with full compatibility is a dream come true for many. If I never experienced the horror of the X1 and X2, I would probably be with Microsoft now on some sort of HTC, placing an order for WP7.
jjjajjj
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 10:59
True the Dell Lightning is a nice looking device, but the resat is the same too me. yes true they are a high-end devices but there nothing special about them ( Except the UI of course )
WiTh LoVE
se-fan
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 14:46

On 2010-10-11 20:34:08, dr.W wrote:

On 2010-10-11 17:08:17, se-fan wrote:

Of course you have some sort of information to back this up right? Or were you recently appointed to speak for the masses?

Please, conjecture is one thing, but baseless drivel really does not belong here. You just waisted 15 seconds of my life reading that pointless post.

I have info to back up with from a person inside SE i canīt say anymore about it more then i have and that is that there is no plans for W7P from SE in the near future, thatīs atleast what i have been told
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 15:07
@se-fan

Just when I was about to chastise dr.W on his attack on you you go and completely justify his attack on you.

The only OS that will not be supported for the time being is Symbian so your 'source' is wrong on Windows.

Anyway, it is best that SE don not announce a Windows phone now cause I see another long wait before it reaches the shelves, they rather delay the announcement until they are ready to ship the units in less than a month. I also hope that their Windows phone will have something better than the already announced ones cause it will not help them if the damn thing is a replica of the HTC or Samsung that is released next year after the competition has had a large slice of the pie. SE will need to be adventurous and go beyond the minimum hardware set by Microsoft. Add playstation functionality in there for good measure.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
rizzamarv
Xperia Ray
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 15:48
What really surprised me is that the phones are really all nearly identical.... Is it really not possible for one of the companies to distinguish themselves at least a little (ok the dell, but the others all same). WM used to be for power users and except for the Dell none of them offer a keyboard, whats that about?

After the the reviews which have come up so far I am really sceptical anyway, there are seriously a lot of things missing from the OS, on the other side while this might bother me W7 is maybe really a mass market product, basically it is missing the same things like IOS... which is hugely successful.

Will wait it out (like always) and see what SE comes up with.... Just don't want same phone like everybody....
se-fan
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 16:10

On 2010-10-12 15:07:22, Dups! wrote:
@se-fan

Just when I was about to chastise dr.W on his attack on you you go and completely justify his attack on you.

The only OS that will not be supported for the time being is Symbian so your 'source' is wrong on Windows.

Anyway, it is best that SE don not announce a Windows phone now cause I see another long wait before it reaches the shelves, they rather delay the announcement until they are ready to ship the units in less than a month. I also hope that their Windows phone will have something better than the already announced ones cause it will not help them if the damn thing is a replica of the HTC or Samsung that is released next year after the competition has had a large slice of the pie. SE will need to be adventurous and go beyond the minimum hardware set by Microsoft. Add playstation functionality in there for good measure.

I havenīt said that they not will support W7P just that there wont be any this year and in the beginning on next year and i totally agree with you on the point that its right for SE. Just look att the disaster of X2. If they come up with something the phone has to be 110% finished and something remarkable:)
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 17:08
@se-fan

Got you. Your post 'I don't think SE won't release any W7 phone in the near future they will focus Android to 110% and W7 with 0% because the masses don't want W7...' is what started the confusion. Notwithstanding the 'in the near future' that whole post is confusing and your response to dr.W was also a little vague.

Yes, I see a Windows phone from SE sometime in Q2 of next year. SE just can't keep up which is holding back their progress.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-10-12 23:49
have had the hardware for a while now and really they should have had their phone at the launch but there are some really strange things that they do to shoot themselves in the foot. Still no 2.1 on the X10 and 1.6 on the X8, its such a stupid mistake and it absolutely amazes me. In terms of design and form factor, the Dell is unique but the hardware and software will always be similar to the competition. If you were to stick a 1.5Ghz processor in a WP7, you probably wouldn't notice much difference at all so don't worry about that aspect for the time being. If you're expecting to amaze you, don't because you'll only get a better quality camera but other than that, nothing much.

Lots of bad decision making, the list of cancelled phones is larger then the current portfolio! Look how far they got with Reese before they pulled the plug there, massive waste of time and money. Somewhere in the cold part of Europe there must be a 007 Q lab full of strange prototypes, I'd love to see a spy shot of that or even PeterKay's legendary window ledge.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2010-10-13 05:13
Oh what I would give to see all those phones that were cancelled in the past 1 or 2 years! Imagine the potential some of them may have had! It would be great if someone here had info/pics on some of them....
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-10-13 08:41
have you guys read the review of windows phone 7(samsung omnia 7) on gsmarena? under disadvantages, it appears the platform has a bunch of stuff missing. including file manager & equaliser!
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-13 09:20
http://www.evertiq.com/news/18029

The X10 family is doing fine I guess then

1.3 million units shipped Q1 and 1.5 million units Q2

And some not so good news with regards to the X10

http://www.unwiredview.com/20[....]oto-droid-2-global-are-coming/

Q3 shipments estimated at 12 million units

http://www.fiercewireless.com[....]smartphone-pressure/2010-10-12