Previous  123 ... 126127128 ... 232233234  Next
Author SE-Portfolio 2010
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-16 21:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So it's not worth waiting for X12?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 01:00
avmaxfan has got a lot of details some of which I can confirm but the time scale is way too short in my opinion and always suck in that respect. MWC is the time to expect the 'X11' and 'X12', don't worry about the screen because it will be very good and its unlikely that you could tell the difference anyhow.

Despite avmaxfan getting the HD3 announcement wrong, the rest was correct. Its more like MS are holding HTC back if anything, they want this big launch event for WP7 with a wide range of phones etc. The HD3 or HD7 will take the centre stage though.

Today the HTC HUB was leaked for WP7 so this is their attempt to add something like Sense UI to the OS. It is very nice but you can see how restrictive the OS is, its this little box on the home screen you have to go into before you get any HTC flavour at all. Touchwizz from Samsung will be added to their phones but I can't imagine how it would work or what it would look like since its widget based. Timescape and Mediascape HUBS by perhaps on the 'X11'?

The X10 won't get official Froyo, its getting 2.1 and then another 2.1 with a few further changes to it but no 2.2. Same goes for the X8 and Minis as far as I know.

A few more Symbians from and maybe some multi touch action. I would guess the software is more Androidish than Nokiaish.
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 05:16
LOL

Codename is CLIARO.
And most recent phones codenames have been Japanese. Doesn't suggest anything about the product or it being meant only for Japan.

winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 05:18
@badassmam

Thanks for the info, its always interesting reading your posts. Was wondering whether you thought it was worthwhile upgrading from X10 to X12 eventually when its released? I still love the X10, but after reading through all these threads, can't help but feel like its been somewhat underutilised by SE. Regardless, the X10 is great and I'm sure these new updates will only improve the experience. The X12 sounds like it could be a real awesome phone if released early enough.

Coming from Windows Mobile, Android has been a breath of fresh air and don't think I would consider WP7 at all after using X10. The whole of WP7 just seems so incomplete still, but I guess thats because its still first generation.
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 05:23
And whats with people only believing that will use S-LCD????????? I mean did you ever hear of a device with a S-LCD display? Seriously...or even any SONY product with S-LCD?

NO

But have we seen and SONY devices with OLED?

YES
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-09-17 06:29
Do you guys know anything about a gyroscope or a new 'xperiascape'?
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2010-09-17 05:29 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 07:12

On 2010-09-17 05:23:19, avmaxfan wrote:
And whats with people only believing that will use S-LCD????????? I mean did you ever hear of a device with a S-LCD display? Seriously...or even any SONY product with S-LCD?

NO

YES

Considering the S-LCD venture is half owned by Sony, I wouldn't say it's such a stretch for a Sony device to come out with an S-LCD screen...
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
wiraperkasa
P1
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 09:05

On 2010-09-17 07:12:53, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

NO

YES

Considering the S-LCD venture is half owned by Sony, I wouldn't say it's such a stretch for a Sony device to come out with an S-LCD screen...

and considering sony also produce OLED for its own walkman, i wouldn't say it's such a strecth for sony device to come out with an OLED screen...
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 09:45
Of course. I think we can expect either of them.

But at the same time, I don't really care. I have never seen a bad Sony Ericsson screen even without S-LCD or OLED technology.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 09:47

NO

YES

Totally agree with you. Besides, S-LCD has been around for quite sometime but still we have not seen any devices from SE or Sony having one.

These guys who find it hard to believe the X12 specs you had mentioned do not know or have totally no idea about the current trend. The specs are just about right. Haven't they heard about the Tegra 2 devices from LG or the Orion of Samsung? Let's not forget Nokia and Apple, too.

I just hope that x12 be released this christmas. I am due for a wireless contract upgrade and I can't think of any well-rounded device right now other than IPhone 4. But if SE decides start selling the phone this holiday, I can hold off buying the iPhone and wait until X12 gets released in christmas in Canada.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-09-17 08:50 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 09:49
@Oli

That's certainly true, a good screen is one thing you can expect no matter what the technology behind it.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-09-17 08:49 ]
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 10:40
Just got myself a SONY walkman A 846 with OLED screen and its gorgeous
And frankly I don't think its any worse than my older S walkman with LCD screen in sunlight at full brightness. And the images are so much more crisp and sharp.

I can only imagine how good the X12 screen will be
avmaxfan
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 12:02
@Ricky_D

The X12 will have a Gyroscope as I had mentioned earlier. What is a Gyroscope and what can it do on a phone????

This:(From the Iphone 4 article, IP4 also has a gyroscope and the X12's implementation will be similar.

"Apple announced its new iPhone 4 with many new features but we want to explain a little more about the gyroscope feature, yes it will bring stunning six-axis motion sensing to this smartphone.

The gyroscope feature will allow the iPhone 4 to detect roll, yaw and pitch, it works side-by-side with the accelerometer to give you a better gaming experience amongst other this, it also uses CoreMotion programming tools for better precision.

Steve Jobs demoed the new technology by showing us the game Jenga, Jobs tilted the phone to show you the movements, this will bring a whole new level to gaming and many other applications."

And Xperiascape, well that is the new custom homescreen that will be on the X12 and X12 only. It will not be ported to X10. Whereas the 3D graphical UI WILL be ported to the X10

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 13:27
An Xperia X10 v2.0 has appeared on the official chinese site. More info here.

It could be a hardware upgrade.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-09-17 13:32
Don't be mean, SE. Don't let the X10 down.

In other words the X12 is getting closer to the reality as days are passing by.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 126127128 ... 232233234  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic