Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995

Author Compact Camera Manager Settings for w995 and Modded Camera Driver for Sony Ericsson w995
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-16 00:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

@ Lightspeed_x
@Brazzuka's: Thanks for your reply, i've read your post, however, i think my situation is a bit different. For example, i know that there is no Auto mode for flash, i know now its forced ON or forced OFF.

Here it is where i think things are not behaving according to one would expect. A picture is sometimes better than words, so i will upload a couple pictures so you can see what i am trying to explain to you:

As you can see from the pictures, in the first case, i turned off the flash, however it fired anyways, causing the picture to come out badly overexposed, in the second picture, i turned the Flash ON and the picture came out better exposed. (I was playing with the scenes and auto mode because i had just uploaded the driver last night)... What i've been able to see from the pictures i have taken from last night and today is that in certain situations flash activates when it is not supposed to (When OFF).

My question is: Is this by design?, or maybe a revision of the camdriver would solve the situation.

Also, if it is by design, is there a way to make the LED flash to work again in Auto/OFF?... would this affect color correction or any other improvement implemented in the driver?

By the way, color correction is excellent in the driver (Especially in low light)
--Sorry for the long post, i wanted to explain myself as clear as possible.

In fact the flash is "forced" or turn on when activated will then fire the flash when it fires in any conditions or situations of luminosity, when the flash is disable this off in any situation.But you took the photos in macro mode with ledflash and without ledflash and normal mode you tested? because we tested the flash is working normally but can to be some bug. Try to test pics with led flash without led flash normal mode and after with macro mode.
About colors correction...It would not affect the colors correction normal because is optimized with the driver.
Led flash off = colors correction normal on and colors correction led flash off
Led flash on = colors correction normal off and colors correction led flash on
You can play with the colos corrections too changing the values.

cheers

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-16 00:26
ledflash on

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=24346

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/viewphotos.php?pid=24347
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-19 00:59
shutter speed ledflash

[ This Message was edited by: brazzuka's on 2009-12-19 00:02 ]
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-19 15:02

lipe
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2009-12-19 18:35
hey brazzukas I have read rumors that you were able to work with the W995 VGA video record resolution, How's the video? has good speed? any chance of sharing this with us
ahh and am still waiting for a manual settings too
nics pics mate... snow snow time snow
[ This Message was edited by: lipe on 2009-12-19 17:36 ]
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-19 22:14

@lipe
hey brazzukas I have read rumors that you were able to work with the W995 VGA video record resolution, How's the video? has good speed? any chance of sharing this with us
ahh and am still waiting for a manual settings too
nics pics mate... snow snow time snow

we are trying to work on a video resolution but doesn´t know if cif or vga and we are trying to synchronize the best possible video and it doesn´t interfere too much in the rest of the driver.Believe it is possibly the only model that will support high resolutions and even then sometimes bug unfortunately.
About manual settings is difficult to establish a first date, first the driver has to be all optimized for to be used with the manual settings if not, anything worth having one manual settings, well this is our opinion.
We trying to find another function the supposed contrast real that work on these models, let's see if we have luck with that.
regards
brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-20 15:50
shutter speed ledflash
ledflash w995 really very nice, powerful ledflash

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-21 15:09
Failed smart contrast like a function
Failed in the attempt to work with the supposed register real contrast in this models
smart contrast don´t work or don´t have response like a function, well at least that's what we see.
video call cam video secondary #1 post

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-21 17:08
sample videos vga 640x480 video recording w995
Video VGA 640x480 w995
snow
Snow Video VGA 640x480 w995

brazzuka's
Xperia X10 White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-22 15:18
avaliable v2.0 Extreme Sharpness™ Special Edition for w995
kronos12
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-22 16:45

On 2009-12-21 17:08:38, brazzuka's wrote:
Video VGA 640x480 w995
snow

Frame rate is under 20fps on this with snow games, but still dont forget tha older nokias recorede video in 15-20fps-so good improvement
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-26 04:32
Thanks to Brazzuka's and Jocks!!!!

Downloading and testing
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-12-26 05:21
Preliminary Tests:
auto mode, flash ON:

auto mode, flash OFF:

I think the picture with flash on is a bit darker than it should, will make more test to see if i can identify a pattern...
I think maybe the driver is being influenced a little by the light sensor, the lamp is bright enough, however the rest of the scene is not. By the way, i focused on the gray beam of the table at the right (the second one)...

Twilight Landscape:

This picture came out quite nice too, for the light levels in my room, it looks even a bit brighter than it currently is, nice job!

All Auto, Macro mode:

I REALLY liked how this picture came out, virtually no noise and balanced colors, pretty close to the original, if not identical.

P.D.: Had to resize the pictures due to the 2 MB limitation, here it cannot be completely seen, but that macro shot came out really sharp and with little noise... I hope auto function with flash on could be tweaked a bit.

EDIT:
I found something interesting, i checked the properties in the next two pictures and found out that in portrait mode the camera chose ISO 320 while in auto mode, the camera chose ISO 160, being the same scene, with the same conditions, shouldnt ISO numbers be closer? (just a thought)...

First photo, Portrait, flash ON:

Second, Auto, flash ON:

Also, i noticed a small bug, when changing scenes, sometimes the viewfinder does not update, for example, changing from auto to twilight landscape does not update, also from sports to document the same happens (try it in a normal to low lit room to see it better)
[ This Message was edited by: Lightspeed_x on 2009-12-26 05:09 ]
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
NoroBiik
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-28 05:30

On 2009-12-21 17:08:38, brazzuka's wrote:
Video VGA 640x480 w995
snow

In the Snow video it looks like the W995 hardware (or driver) is having a hard time keeping up with a 640x480 resolution while moving the camera view. I'm impressed it even was able to capture video at that resolution , is there a viable res between 320x200 & 640x480?
lipe
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 15:07
thanks brazzuka's update camdriver really really do quality work congratz
the vga video recording is amazing and the pics are more sharp and real colors
awesome and happy 2010 with news surprises i hope
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi