Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Opera Mobile 10 Final

Author Opera Mobile 10 Final
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-12-30 22:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2009-12-14 22:26:10, lukechris wrote:
Is it just me or does it crash ALL the time?

i experienced that on beta 1 not in beta 2.

Don't be so quick to judge me, you only see what I choose to show you.
shana_o7
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-01-01 08:48
gonna try this one
mackxxxxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-23 09:58
may edited na kayang opera mobile 10 beta 2?? may download button na kc xa. om5 lang kac gamit ko, evrytime na magdodownload ako, ung web browser ko ang lumalabas. 5800xm fon ko po
c_vignesh
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-23 13:07
i tried it on my 5530xm, the browsing was good and ui excellent but almost ate 10% of RAM, but i think it was worth it
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-23 23:48
Yeah, beta 2 is a lot more stable than the first one, though it doesn't update the screen quite quick enough when scrolling, the skyfire beta is a little faster. The kinetics feel pretty good though.

If only there was a way to make it the default browser...
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 00:34
The current Beta2 realy is resource hungry. As great as it is to use on 5800xm, its slower and and just bloated compared to Opera Mini5 beta2. Opera need to get their act together on Opera Mobile,how is it that UCWeb's S60 version is so much more frugal both battery and memory wise yet can still load web pages beautifuly to fit the screen?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-24 00:48
Might I suggest the competition ...

Bitstream Bolt Browser v1.6
(no tabbed browsing, yet)

Sure it has most of the bells & whistles that Opera Mini 5 can do.

1. Copy and Paste text from Web pages into forms or Webmail.
2. SmartBar auto-completes URL entries using information from previous browsing sessions (history) and saved favorites. (folders can be created and saving viewed sites into them)
3. BOLT displays a pop-up indicator in the Title bar if the browser detects a pop-up window. Users can choose to open or close the pop-up window with one click.
4. BOLT enables dialing phone numbers displayed on web pages directly from the browser, via a single click.
5. BOLT seamlessly enables users to download web content directly to their devices OS, or to upload photos or videos directly from BOLT to media-sharing sites.
6. BOLT offers three image quality modes and significantly reduces data transfer sizes in low image quality mode.
7. Feeds is one of the main tabs in the BOLT homepage. As users surf the web, BOLT automatically looks for the feeds on each site they visit. If feeds are available, a feeds icon is shown in the Title bar, enabling users to subscribe via a single click. BOLT supports XML web feeds in RSS, ATOM and RDF format.
8. BOLT supports 6 magnification levels, Small, Medium, Large, XLarge, XXLarge, and 3XLarge.
9. BOLTS patented split-screen mode features a rectangular magnifier floating over a zoomed out minimap of the entire web page on the top 2/3 of the screen and a real-time magnified view of the content under the magnifier on the bottom 1/3 of the screen. (this takes some getting used to but think of OMs minimap on steroids!)
10. Proprietary Bitstream mobile fonts and font rendering technologies improve readability, speed content delivery, and enable BOLT to fit more information into smaller screens. (Im still trying to find more fonts)
11. Desktop and Mobile viewing. [Points directly from Bitstream]

Notes:
A very interesting Press Release informes that 1 in every 6 BOLT users were from India.
[May 29, 2009] Also consider the fact that several mobile companies have been launching their handsets in India along with their global launches and in some cases even before the global launch. Recall Sony Xperia!
For the five of you uninformed who do not use BOLT, it is the first mobile browser that allows even basic mobile phones to play videos on websites such as YouTube,vids.myspace.com, video.yahoo.com, blip.tv, dailymotion.com, metacafe.com and more. The BOLT mobile browser is a free web browser for J2ME phones that renders web pages exactly as they are displayed on personal computers.

BOLTing facts:

When comparing India to North America and Western Europe the management at BOLT has come upon some interesting facts. In the top 25 handsets used in India, only one is a smartphone, whereas in North America all but 2 are smartphones. In Western Europe it was more balanced with 10 of the top 25 phones being feature phones.

Indian users enjoy social networking; 54 percent of pages visited from India are to social networking websites such as Orkut, Facebook and Peperonity. Also Indias BOLT users enjoy video and YouTube is amongst the top five websites visited from India.

Nearly 300 different models of mobile phones are currently used by BOLT users in India. The ten most popular phones used in India are:

1. Nokia N73
2. Sony Ericsson W200
3. Nokia N70
4. Nokia 3110C
5. Nokia 6233
6. Nokia 6300
7. Nokia N95
8. Sony Ericsson K530
9. Motorola MOTOROKR E6
10. Nokia N72

To get BOLT
Download BOLT for free at: http://boltbrowser.com
All phones which support Java applications can run BOLT .

source of the link: http://www.fonearena.com/blog[....]in-6-bolt-users-is-indian.html

This is your home page:

Streaming on YouTube:

download link:
http://boltbrowser.com/download.html

Opera is slightly faster, but Bolt loads pages more thoroughly.
Soure: BBGeeks

PS the screenshots are the specific version for BlackBerry (but it works in portrait mode as well for SE phones).
I don't know if there is an underground tweaking community or not though.

For me right now the OMv5B2 is limited ... I couldn't download a 130MB file from SoundCloud (a music compilation), but Bolt worked ... this was on my Bold 9700, a smartphone based on Java.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-24 01:52
Thanx a lot Prom1 its a realy decent browser, could use a bit of work for touchscreen phones,but it realy is a good alternative to OM5.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 11:34
Occasionally I am finding Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2 just stuck and do not respond.
At the same time if I am trying with SE's own browser, same URL just works like a magic.. comes up quick. Anyone facing same problem ?
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-26 11:45
sometimes it happens
maybe a connectivity issue...
lets wait for the final one
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-26 12:00
Yeah, I find that if the site certificate is out of date, Opera takew an age to do anything until you 'accept all'. Kind of annoying, but doesn't happen too much.

Kind of prefer the Skyfire zoom at the moment, but I still prefer Opera Mobile in general.
c_vignesh
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-26 13:12
Somehow i felt opera's ui much better than bolt's especially in a touchscreen phone like 5530 XM
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-02-13 09:29
Beta3 is out-check 1st post. Been using it since yesterday on my 5800xm, its a lot faster and stable than Beta2, still a RAM guzzler,but not as bad as before. UI has been tweaked a bit as well, overall its looking good.
NOTE: When replacing Beta2 with Beta3 you WILL lose your bookmarks,so back them up before installing Beta3.
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-13 14:35
flash support ?

I am not installing any browser that does not support flash.................also the other server type browsers that do support flash do not play video like utube properly.......freezing etc, now if the youube app would allow it to fill the screen then it wouldn't matter.
brys182
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-16 01:06

hoping for flash support
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi