Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
frank2345babies
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 22:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
DoubLe tapping to zoom is nothing like as usable as pinch zooming. Double tapping can only take you to a certain level of zoom it's either zoomed in or not with pinch zooming a lot easierto adjust thelevel of zoom to what ever suits you best. It's kind of like comparing a regular light switch to a dimmer switch it does the job but just doesn't give you the same level of adjustment.

Multitouch is important for typing fast because alot of times when you are typing fast your finger doesn't actually lift off fully from the button you are pressing before your other finger presses the next button/key. multitouch allows both presses to be registered but without multitouch one or both presses will not berecognised. Meaning you will have to edit, adjust or redo whatever you have just typed.
[ This Message was edited by: frank2345babies on 2009-11-13 21:35 ]
volume100
T68i
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 22:37
Because when you're typing really fast individual presses overlap. That means that if you type 'AB' really fast chances are that you're going to press B before you manage to completely release A.
If the screen isn't multi-touch you have to type somewhat slower in order for the screen to register all of the presses.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-13 22:39

On 2009-11-13 22:33:14, frank2345babies wrote:
DoubLe tapping to zoom is nothing like as usable as pinch zooming. Double tapping can only take you to a certain level of zoom it's either zoomed in or not with pinch zooming a lot easierto adjust thelevel of zoom to what ever suits you best. It's kind of like comparing a regular light switch to a dimmer switch it does the job but just doesn't give you the same level of adjustment.

Multitouch is important for typing fast because alot of times when you are typing fast your finger doesn't actually lift off fully from the button you are pressing before your other finger presses the next button/key. multitouch allows both presses to be registered but without multitouch one or both presses will not berecognised. Meaning you will have to edit, adjust or redo whatever you have just typed.
[ This Message was edited by: frank2345babies on 2009-11-13 21:35 ]

++++1

On 2009-11-13 22:01:02, volume100 wrote:
Seal, give it a break! First it was the compass, then the screen, now it's multi-touch... Tell me which phone meets your demands...

...and then go and buy it.

You're ruining the topic with your endless complaints, mate.

Excactly... first it was the compass... when i said that it would be a big mistake not to have one ... and finally X10 has it!!
Then was the colors of the screen when i was saying that if the hardware didn't support 16m colors this would be a mistake too....and so on till all the undifened issues will be defined for our own good !!

You and some other stuborn people here only attack us saying nothing here.. So go and get the phone and leave forum..
Even if the X10 has no compass/no 16m hardware/no multitouch/no memory at all.... still you post the same things till a next phone appeared to write the same for that too....So pleeeaaaaase... (that's the last time i respond to you..and the others)
[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2009-11-13 21:42 ]
GA628-GF768-T28-T39-T68-P800-K700-K750-P990-W910-C905-W995- ???
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 22:44

On 2009-11-13 22:37:59, volume100 wrote:
Because when you're typing really fast individual presses overlap. That means that if you type 'AB' really fast chances are that you're going to press B before you manage to completely release A.
If the screen isn't multi-touch you have to type somewhat slower in order for the screen to register all of the presses.

I get it now. Thank you
volume100
T68i
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 22:47
You're flattering yourself waaay too much for saying that they implemented compass just because YOU sad it is going to be a mistake not having one. Same goes for the screen. You were just ignorant and decided to flame instead of doing some research and find real answers.

I'm not saying much because I'm here to read some useful info, not to post just for the sake of it...

BTW: you haven't answered my question... I'm waiting.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:09

On 2009-11-13 19:06:59, synn wrote:
Yeah, Apple understood the importance of running more than one task at a time, right?

Oh wait...

Multi-touch for zooming is bullshit. Double tap works swell.
Multi-touch for gaming is bullshit. Get some proper buttons or get lost.
Multi-touch for typing fast, I can agree with.

1 - Double Tap works BUT in Safari for several sites like Esato's home page double-tap doesn't work to enlarge the posts on the right side much while in Portrait mode (it does in landscape). This is just smart rendering so multi-touch opposite pinch works well. You NEED to use it for 30days to understand that you're talking out your derriere.
2 - GAMING works perfectly.
some games you NEED to see on youtube or more so try for yourself:
Real Racing or Real Racing GTi.
3 - agreed, touch typing is paramount. This is used in physical keyboards, although the OS only takes the intial key used.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
TJMonkey15
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:19
Multi-touch would be nice so you have options when it comes to browsing. You could zoom by double-tapping, or you could zoom by pinching. And as everyone else has been saying, it'd be great for using the virtual keyboard.

My fingers are crossed that they upgrade the X10 to Android 2.0 (along with the proprietary UI as well) sooner rather than later, but it looks great on 1.6 for now. The phone seems like a winner to me so far. Hopefully it only gets better by the time it gets released.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:20

On 2009-11-13 23:09:55, Prom1 wrote:

On 2009-11-13 19:06:59, synn wrote:
Yeah, Apple understood the importance of running more than one task at a time, right?

Oh wait...

Multi-touch for zooming is bullshit. Double tap works swell.
Multi-touch for gaming is bullshit. Get some proper buttons or get lost.
Multi-touch for typing fast, I can agree with.

1 - Double Tap works BUT in Safari for several sites like Esato's home page double-tap doesn't work to enlarge the posts on the right side much while in Portrait mode (it does in landscape). This is just smart rendering so multi-touch opposite pinch works well. You NEED to use it for 30days to understand that you're talking out your derriere.
2 - GAMING works perfectly.
some games you NEED to see on youtube or more so try for yourself:
Real Racing or Real Racing GTi.
3 - agreed, touch typing is paramount. This is used in physical keyboards, although the OS only takes the intial key used.

There is no need tryin to explain this to some stuborn guys here... It's like we re tryin to explain the advantages of TFT against CRT monitors to a 5 years old kid who wants that phone to chat on facebook....

Any technology that is out 2 years ago is A MUST HAVE for a high end phone today...and of course in 2010...
Multitouch/compass/1ghz cpu/16M colors are ESSENTIAL features for a 700 euros phone in q1 2010..!End of story!
For those who want to close their eyes and go buy the phone.. no need to be in this forum.. they can preregister in SE and get informed about the release date..SO SIMPLE!
clobar
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:49

On 2009-11-13 23:20:07, sealover94 wrote:
There is no need tryin to explain this to some stuborn guys here... It's like we re tryin to explain the advantages of TFT against CRT monitors to a 5 years old kid who wants that phone to chat on facebook....

Any technology that is out 2 years ago is A MUST HAVE for a high end phone today...and of course in 2010...
Multitouch/compass/1ghz cpu/16M colors are ESSENTIAL features for a 700 euros phone in q1 2010..!End of story!
For those who want to close their eyes and go buy the phone.. no need to be in this forum.. they can preregister in SE and get informed about the release date..SO SIMPLE!

Give me a break!

Do you get paid for every word you type or are there some other explanation for your constant nagging...
PakMan786
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:54
@sealover:
And because of YOUR pressure on SE they decided to develope something like the X10 right? keep on dreaming you wannabe insider.

Things that annoyed us and especially YOU:
no comapss -> there is comapss
no multi-touch -> there will be multi-touch
65K Color -> amir says: "our phone can support 16 million colors"

Things that are annoying us right now:
YOU AND ONLY YOU

for me and many more here this device keeps in getting the perfect fon we all have been waiting for PLUS ITS MADE BY

I don't know what your problem is, I cant understand why a "qualified grown-up" (as u pointed out in many comments) act like a hungry monkey throwing with stones (in this case: repetitive and stupid comments) at the audience. It seems to me that ur only concern is in gaining attention and hear comments like: " Sealover we would never have known these details abt x10 if we hadn't a commited user like YOU "

FOR GOD'S SAKE, PLZ STOP ACTING LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD KID PLZZ

PS: did I mention that X10 will be available in black and in white? ( CONFIRMED BY ME ). I think chose these color-variants bcs they knew that these were my favorite ones
[ This Message was edited by: PakMan786 on 2009-11-13 22:56 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:56

On 2009-11-13 17:51:27, sealover94 wrote:
@S4k1s can't YOU just stop? Go and buy the phone the first day that will be out ....
I wanna know more about a product in order to choose to spend or not my money on this ! Ok??

Now i 'm not a kid who wants to play games and use facebook...
I want some divx support there for movies without convert them to mp4... for long distance trips
And multitouch for zoom in-out photos/browsers etc ...
A big screen (already have that)
And a software that handles hardware better.... i dont care if android 1.6 limits colors... then go to 2.0...

You remind me a guy some posts before saying...

I don't need radio... i use handsfree
i dont' need camera ... i use my slr
hell.. i don't need a phone ... there are phonebooths everywhere !!

jeez !!!
[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2009-11-13 16:55 ]

I just presented you the facts given to this date by officials. If you can't take the facts the that's your problem. I never said or even hinted that multi-touch or 16m colors are not needed. How you got it to me reminding you of that guy you describe is kinda disturbing in my head. I also never made fun of you.

Let me quote my self
just wait for final specs
Link

In my latest post I tried to help you and others understand what Amir is saying in his post. Link
is considered for the future

The UX platform... will evolve to Android 2.0 over time

Lets be honest here ok, there is a reason why he answers like a politician would...

Keywords: considered, future, over time.

If the UX isn't made from scratch for multi-touch then it will take time to implement multi-touch for the UX.
If you have any programming background then you will understand that the UX is made up of layers Link. can port it to A2.0 and decide where on the UX to implement/allow or restrict multi-touch.
It isn't a impossible thought that in the near future ports UX in its current form (single-touch) to A2.0 letting you have many of the benefits of A2.0 on the X10 (new browser, better keypad, better maps, better color depth, multi-touch OGL2.0 etc). Core parts of the OS (think standard on-screen keyboard) are not affected by the UX. This is also what the phrase "over time" hints at. could in the beginning restrict you in the UX with just touch and still let you use multi-touch via the the standard A2.0 on-screen keyboard or in games.

As I said before, give them a bit time, the hardware is there.
kingcool88
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-13 23:57

On 2009-11-13 23:54:45, PakMan786 wrote:
@sealover:
And because of YOUR pressure on SE they decided to develope something like the X10 right? keep on dreaming you wannabe insider.

Things that annoyed us and especially YOU:
no comapss -> there is comapss
no multi-touch -> there will be multi-touch
65K Color -> amir says: "our phone can support 16 million colors"

Things that are annoying us right now:
YOU AND ONLY YOU

for me and many more here this device keeps in getting the perfect fon we all have been waiting for PLUS ITS MADE BY

I don't know what your problem is, I cant understand why a "qualified grown-up" (as u pointed out in many comments) act like a hungry monkey throwing with stones (in this case: repetitive and stupid comments) at the audience. It seems to me that ur only concern is in gaining attention and hear comments like: " Sealover we would never have known these details abt x10 if we hadn't a commited user like YOU "

FOR GOD'S SAKE, PLZ STOP ACTING LIKE A 12 YEAR OLD KID PLZZ

PS: did I mention that X10 will be available in black and in white? ( CONFIRMED BY ME ). I think chose these color-variants bcs they knew that these were my favorite ones
[ This Message was edited by: PakMan786 on 2009-11-13 22:56 ]

+1 !
bider
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-14 00:05
Concerning Android 2.0 update, said:

* Will the X10 receive Android 2.0 update (for those who bought from the initial batches with Android 1.6)?
The UX platform used for Xperia X10 will evolve to Android 2.0 over time.

If I'm not wrong, "initial batches" means first amount, initial serie of produced devices which will be avaliable in shops. In my opinion the answer clearly states that there will be an update to 2.0 a while after the device will be released. I think the problem is that can't just say this directly at the moment:)
Unofficial SonyEricssonClub.pl
T10 -> T65 -> T310 -> T610 -> T630 -> K700 -> P910 -> P990 -> P1i -> Xperia X1 + C702 -> Xperia X10 mini + Xperia X10!!!
What can I say... I'm maniac!!
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-14 00:06
10 minute italian video preview BURIED!

i saved it and put it back online, but im not going to DLink it here, just search dailymotion for yzarc )user(
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-14 00:10
So still no info about A2.0 update...it will be quite a dissapointment for such a good hardware!
A2.0 upgrade will give us multitouch and 16M... otherwise all we have is an expensive super-car with bad driver ...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic