Previous  123 ... 421422423 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 09:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2010-07-31 07:50:37, rss_ndrsn wrote:
^The author of that articles forgot to mention X10, which will be getting Froyo update sometime next year.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-07-31 06:53 ]

maybe no plan for FROYO for our beloved X10!!

stupid
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 10:05

On 2010-07-31 08:53:08, Indiandawg wrote:

^The author of that articles forgot to mention X10, which will be getting Froyo update sometime next year.

LOL I doubt next year.. may be in 2011 I know it sounds stupid but SE is way too late on such things lol

Next year is 2011!
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 14:41

On 2010-07-31 10:05:51, Muhammad-Oli wrote:

On 2010-07-31 08:53:08, Indiandawg wrote:

LOL I doubt next year.. may be in 2011 I know it sounds stupid but SE is way too late on such things lol

Next year is 2011!

Oops 2012
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 14:53
Just updated to R2BA024! thought i was going to have to root but when i opened up SEUS this morning i noticed X10 was finaly listed,clickd on it and voila, new FW available was just under 148mb , 147.8mb to be exact the phone UI feels a lot smoother, MediaScape more snappy, realy happy with it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
elad
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 15:39
Almost all major smartphones that have similar specs are getting the Froyo 2.2 update in the next few weeks or in the pipeline and it's amazing that SE are still sitting on their fat ass about it. Don't they realise that they're killing their business as they will be flogging phones that are all out of date or not in keeping with the market??? i only hope that the news will inevitably put some pressure on SE to bring forward these updates including the 2.2 (only if...).

The 2.1 update planned at the end of Q3 or beginning of Q4 and with no definitive answer whether the X10 is going to receive the 2.2 update in the future is just not good enough. Unless the 2.2 update comes in early Q4 which is highly unlikely with the way things are going if they're only going to release 2.1 then, it would be pointless. I can't help but to think that the X10 specs or hardware are not compatible with 2.2 requirement as it's no brainer to release 2.2 straightaway as opposed to the 2.1 update announced??? (Knock knock, hello????)

I am sick of being left in the dark with the 2.2 update. I want a definitive answer if this is going to happen OR NOT!!! SE's handiling of this fast and competitive market is just inept and way to slow. It won't surprise me that they will be following Nokia's footsteps in the next financial year. I want a phone that comes with the right support and updates it deserves. I'm now thinking of should I get the Samsung Galaxy S instead...
[ This Message was edited by: elad on 2010-07-31 17:30 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-31 16:37
As far as I can figure the 2.1 is 90% finished in terms of development and is just out for testing, this'll take a month to two and then will start filtering out to those networks and regions who've tested and approved it fastest.

have already said they've started on 2.2 and developing for it. They also said that they're having trouble porting some of the customisations. It's not like they've completely forgotten about it, in fact the development team their are probably spending most of their time on 2.2 now and awaiting for reported bugs to fix from the testing phase of the 2.1 update.

It's important to remember that SE launched their first android device only 4 months ago and their UI customisation is much more indepth than other manufacturers (which is why I myself have gone with SE the X10) meaning the time to market for their OS upgrades will inevitably be longer. These things are clear so what's with the impatience and pointless insult throwing? Don't you think they want to give us the best they can? They've cut many jobs in the last couple years, in what seems to have been very astute management, meaning the teams of developers are stretched but the company can still trade. I'm not disappointed by the time it's taken for 2.1 to come (should it arrive when expected), I understand it's not easy to upgrade from 1.6 past 2.0 to 2.1 then on to 2.2 within a 4 months of release.

Oh and another reason 2.2 may take longer is the (in my opinion, a mistake) move to not include a multitouch capable screen on the X10. This means every native multitouch command or gesture on 2.2 will need to be programmed to be single touch compat. Imagine the bugs that is throwing up.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 16:51
For all those who think I don't like X10 your wrong. I love this phone and I think it's the best Android phone in the market and I mean it. The user expirence is amazing but I am sick of being behind. SE always has to be late in and every department, be it releasing date or firmware upgrades. My point is if we have such an amazing High end phone what's the point of using 1.6 and 2.1 later on? get 2.2 and making things faster now! keep up the pace with the market cause there is no sense of being behind when you got a wonderful phone like X10.
It's not am cribbing for having 2.2, one has to understand that 2.2 delievers more and better features and user expirence and when you got the phone you love, you want it!
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 17:44
How can be the customization of X10 is in-depth? Timescape and Mediascape are just an applications, other than that UPX is more like a "blue theme" applied onto Android Vanilla UI.

Even though it is the first SE Android phone and that was released for months ago, it is no excuse to bring the update later. The Samsung Galaxy S, which has only been in the market for 3 weeks or so and the first with TouchWiz, is getting Froyo update anytime soon. Not to mention HTC Desire, which has a more "extensive" ui layer than X10's UPX.
So why would be the time being in the market and being the first android phone cause the Android version update to be rolled out in a later time? Well, it is for SE.

About the X10's lack of multi-touch support, SE have themselves to blame for that. They were aware multi-touch is essential to touchscreen smartphones when developing X10 but still they did not make X10 support it.

SE has to be "spontaneous" because they are using an OSs that are not of their own. Spontainety is the way to go in this very competitive nature of mobile phone market

If it was not for their ex-CEO who thought that producing mid-end phones was the way to go, probably SE should not have been playing catched up.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2010-07-31 17:34 ]
elad
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 17:53
@Ricky D

You obviously have the 'insider' knowledge about the updates where most of us don't. I suppose my question is...where and when did SE confirm that they have started developing 2.2?

Not everyone who bought the phone at the time had the 'in-depth' knowledge you have. And how are we supposed to know the support for updates would take such a lengthy pace where we're still in the dark at the moment whether we would get the 2.2 update let alone when.

And on the subject of multi-touch, perhaps that's the biggest downfall of the X10 and not a very shrewd decision by SE which could seal the fate of the X10! I certainly was not aware that the X10 would not support multi-touch function at the time when the X10 came out. It was only later on that we were told (much bowing to customer pressure) that X10's hardware would not be able to support multi-touch function.

The X10 is great but it's just lagging behind others at the moment and it's excruciatingly frustrating that it's unable to make full use of the hardware with a more efficient version of the operating system.
[ This Message was edited by: elad on 2010-07-31 17:22 ]
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 18:24
Cool Tsepz.That wasnt to bad a wait.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
elad
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 19:43
@Rick D

I am not aware that they have officially confirmed that they are developing 2.2 update or indeed is definitely coming to X10 never mind about the uncertainty of the length of time for the release of such update.

If Timescape and Mediascape are what you're talking about the customization that have been holding back the 2.2 update then perhaps they should ditch them all together to get the 2.2 update out at the soonest or like most customers suggest roll out the 2.2 update first and then release further updates to tweak the Timescape and Mediascape.

I'm an avid fan of SE myself hence I bought the X10 too but I just can't bring myself to defend their stance about the updates. What planet are they living?? Their move or rather lack of to stay on top of the game in an ever increasingly competitive market is absurd. The truth hurts and is hard to take as it's evidently so that you are desperately trying to justify for SE.

We're not talking about a couple weeks of catch-up here with the updates, we're talking about potentially 6 months or longer for the 2.2 update to materialise if it ever does. So, from the customers and investors' point of view, this could have 'fatal' financial consequences to the company let alone satisfying the ever demanding customers.

SE's X10 is like a 'sitting duck' at the moment to their competitors which is a joke. I only hope that they listen and act upon the customers feedback in a timely manner.
[ This Message was edited by: elad on 2010-07-31 19:05 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-07-31 20:25
@elad

I don't remember exactly where I read about 2.2 development, I'll grant you that the source may not have been official. But remember the step from 1.6 to 2.1 being smaller and easier to implement than 2.1 to 2.2 hence the decision to go to 2.1 as a halfway house instead of going directly to 2.2 and waiting on 1.6 for seemingly a life-time.

Timescape and Mediascape are a lot more involved in the inner workings of the OS than you might think. They draw from many different areas of the OS to create the experience they do. With Timescape/Mediascape they are trying to create a unified experience that is transferable to other systems and distinctly recognisable as . I believe they're succeeding in this and to ditch these features would be a mistake.

I think saying they're not moving to stay on top of the game is a little unfair as they've been out of the high-end smartphone market with any seriousness for a few years (which were wasted flogging the dead UIQ system). They've not really been top of this game for at least that long. The truth is that SE are still at the start of the comeback curve and patience is needed.

When friends/family ask me to recommend a phone, I'm the first to tell them SE's X10 lacks in certain areas. I tell them there's no multitouch, it runs an old OS, has less RAM than others in it's class and the materials are a little plasticy.

I'm in no way denying the truth. I just want the moaning about the length of time to the next FW update to stop and some appreciation that it is hard to do that job. Everyone thinks they can do a better job of managing those decisions and update timings, if that were true I'm sure the people who actually do those jobs would be long replaced.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 20:29
Im patiently happy at the moment with my X10.Good times will eventually come.

Bookmark this blokes blog.He is always coming out with some of the latest X10 news.
http://gadgets.apnafundaz.com[....]ta-tests-on-720p-hd-recording/
[ This Message was edited by: Hobbs on 2010-07-31 19:31 ]
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
elad
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 21:52
@ Ricky D

The point is and as pointed out by rss ndrsn, other similar smartphones with the likes of Samsung and HTC who also have their own UI customization (some being more customized than the X10) can integrate it with the 2.2 within a space of 2 months or so, why does SE need more than 7 months (sorry for being overly optimistic here and assuming 2.2 would ever arrive at X10) to implement??? How's that staying on top of the game?? How's that being competitive here? Do you see where I am coming from?? I'm sorry I just don't buy that sort of lame excuse.

And judging from what and how you have been promoting the X10, there's no doubt in my mind that the people that you have been telling would have run miles from buying the X10. Well, that's the conclusion I have come to since you haven't told us their subsequent response to it...lol

Right, enough ranting for a day!!
[ This Message was edited by: elad on 2010-07-31 20:55 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2010-07-31 23:26
People I understand everybody is frustrated the way SE is running things up. First you wait for the phone and then you wait for the firmware and now you wait for outdated 2.1 eclair it's like right now we are running 1.6 which is outdated and by the time we get eclair 2.1 it's going to be outdated too.
Let's look back and try to understand this better. SE has been really slow from last couple of years and I remember there is always a debate on this of every SE high end phones on esato. There is no point explaining each other or arguing on this matter. We really need to start getting ideas how to reach this message to SE cause I think it's really high time now. It's not the phones, the phones are amazing and great. It's the company's service that is a problem to us and it's a big problem. It seems like they are not hearing us at all and if anybody out here who works for SE, please give us some idea how we can pass our messages
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 421422423 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic