Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
anders260
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 16:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
"Hey guys, what’s up? How are You all?
I am in a pretty good mood due to the white X10 in my hands. It’s super fast, I mean WARP 10 fast! I mean it really! The only thing that is killing me is the damn screen. I truly hope that the 65k is for the protos only . I updated it to android 2.0 but it isn’t fully compatiblee, unfortunetly for NOW!!! Any way I love what Sony Ericsson made to the interface and the MediaScape and TimeScape are pure power and unseen magic! This is gonna be the top phone. Can’t wait to see a show-off unit!"

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com[....]0-android-and-opengl/#comments
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 17:02
kar, se_love, golden

go over to xda and see if they dont complain about the screens!

like i said before and ill say it again, winmo DOESNT count as its a limitation of winmo 6.5 some of the newer screens that come out and the HD2 is one of them that when its upgraded to winmo7 will be able to display more colors b.c of the memory allocation within windows mobile. x1/x2 are winmo phones android doesnt have a limit on colors. x10 is geared more towards ent than business (ie keyboard/winmo).

it is counterproductive to market a phone as a media/socially integrated device with that kind of codec support and the 8.1mpx cam to have a 65k screen. its not logical. if there are more colors you are satisfied either way, b.c it doesnt matter to you doesnt mean that its irrelevant to discuss. everyones eyes for the most part are capable, however being aware is a whole different story. it seems to be a personal issue with you guys not being able to detect color gradients, id prefer not to be distracted by that, when watching a 16:9 clip. go look at the color samples a few pages back, the difference is abundantly clear.

"johnnys phone doesnt have it, its ok if mine doesnt", is what got SE throwing money out of the window trynna be be like johnny. they need to lead, leading is NOT following. marketing a device for the tech savvy consumer leading the announcement by saying LOOKLOOK! theres a QSD8250 inside (when was the last time SE announced the proc the same day as the phone ...) and then showing the pictures of a dull faded screen with uneven and very visible backlighting is wholly unacceptable. i disagree with your premise its stooped in "well the other phones around are fine, so this must be ok", [sar]why not go back to 2003 and get a P900 it will suit your needs just fine![\casm] id like a phone that reflects the time, thats why ppl _UP_grade. its 2010 for a flagship its unacceptable.

FTR: 262K is also unacceptable in this day and age.

EDIT: this is from and SE job description:

Product Quality Manager

Today, the mobile device market has become very competitive and having the most amazing and differentiated user experiences has become the key to winning in the marketplace. The consumers today refer to the best device as one that provides the best user experience for their needs and that they can trust, and these have become the criteria that the users judge their perception of quality of the device against. This perception from consumers of how great the product is based on these criteria is called perceived quality. Perceived quality is all about developing the products for the consumers by finding out what are the experiences that they desire on their mobile devices and then making sure that these experiences are delivered on the devices just the way our consumers need them. It is one of the most important elements that drive the product’s success. Sony-Ericsson is putting our bets on winning our consumers by delivering the products with the best-in-the-class perceived quality.
[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2009-11-08 17:05 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 17:48
No the Nokia N82 is not Nokia's best quality screen. They often make better screens than most imo for direct sunlight viewing.
Phone?? What phone??
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 20:11
So, when we are going to pre order
Forever !!!
defiantbeast
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 20:28
That video on vimeo shows that the ui is pretty responsive and snappy. They probably gave them one of the alpha phones for the release event (Someone dropped the ball on that one). As far as the screen i will reserve judgement till i see more info, i can see both sides of the argument but am of the camp that doesnt believe it will effect the phone that much if at all, well see. As far as android 2.0 eclair it will be available soon after its release, possibly jumping ahead to 2.1 flan just like HTC is doing with sense ui (theyre skipping 1.6 donut and going straight to eclair 2.0). Good job SE youve managed to reafirm my intrest in your products and have earned my money, now all you need to do is get this phone released asap.
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 20:46
So far, this is my next phone I too hope we well not wait to much.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 21:22

On 2009-11-08 17:02:40, my ninja wrote:
...EDIT: this is from and SE job description:

Product Quality Manager

Today, the mobile device market has become very competitive and having the most amazing and differentiated user experiences has become the key to winning in the marketplace. The consumers today refer to the best device as one that provides the best user experience for their needs and that they can trust, and these have become the criteria that the users judge their perception of quality of the device against. This perception from consumers of how great the product is based on these criteria is called perceived quality. Perceived quality is all about developing the products for the consumers by finding out what are the experiences that they desire on their mobile devices and then making sure that these experiences are delivered on the devices just the way our consumers need them. It is one of the most important elements that drive the product’s success. Sony-Ericsson is putting our bets on winning our consumers by delivering the products with the best-in-the-class perceived quality.

That paragraph is about user experiences provided by software (apps); how does it reinforce you rant about hardware?
X10 all about innovation in software, the hardware (except for Snapdragon) is secondary. Using such a powerful processor demonstrates the depth of software innovation have planned. This phone could be as revolutionary as the iPhone 3G was.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
TJMonkey15
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 22:09

On 2009-11-08 20:46:47, koto wrote:
So far, this is my next phone I too hope we well not wait to much.

I like how you put that (specifically the part I bolded). Same with me. For now, I'm really wanting this phone, but who knows what will change by the time it's released.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-08 22:48
There are many chances to see sth better till the time it will be released... Lets see...
domipost
Hazel
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-08 23:12

On 2009-11-08 17:02:40, my ninja wrote:
FTR: 262K is also unacceptable in this day and age.

I agree 65k is a bit low (not unacceptable, that's ridiculous to say about some colours in the screen. 4096 would be, but 65k is pretty ok). But to say that 262K is unacceptable is bs. Most probably, the human eye can't even see 16M colours and though we can see more than 262K that's only a verry small difference in real life. Not only that, the fact too is that most of todays phones have "only" 262K colours so if you think it's unnacceptable for these times, it's you who has to think again. That's like saying that every phone must have an 8MP cam, because there are a couple that have so.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 23:35
for a high end device?

because i wasnt talkin about any old kinda celly.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-08 23:54
But, that's the whole point - what defines high end in Q1 2010?
You say it's hardware, I say it's software. I say that iPhone 3Gs is a high-end phone with only 3.2Mp camera and no slide-out keyboard. Some say that's madness but the world has moved to these touch enabled, app focused, mid-spec phones with a vengence.
Sure, the X10 with a 16.7m colour screen would be even more awesome, but the number of colours is not THAT fundamental to the purpose of the device.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 00:16
According to PaultjeBosvelt in the rumours thread this phone will be available from Monday 15th February or from week 7.
adhgklk
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 00:20
wow! this is so thinner!
EMW UNRATED

jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-09 00:32
I was told mid-late February, so I'd go along with that date.. although SE has a lot of work to do on its overlaid UI before then!!
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic