Previous  123 ... 231232233 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ricky,
I think HTC EVO is the biggest and baddest Android phone so far bar none! Tho X10 camera is great for its flash is weak if you ask me and by only supporting 65k of colors out of box is a joke for an high end phone (well i believe it is due to the fact that Android 1.6 limitation) SE has been announced for almost a year or so? hm.. if my memory serve me correctly, meaning they have plenty of times to fix all the bugs before it release.
MT is a great shame why on the earth SE choose the non supportive hardware? now their only hope is the upcoming WIN7 phone and hopefully they DO learn the lesson(s)!

Im not here to flame SE as i own a Satio myself just felt that SE can do better than this.

Cheers,

oh for the memory card.. it should support the MicroSDHC up to 32 gb not SDHC
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:40
Sorry Drew I was talking about phones that are on the market at this minute which the Evo is not, the 65k limitation is due to the OS which will be upgraded and I'm sure having such an interface as the UX will buy some understanding of why it's taking a little longer than others' to port to Android 2.1.

I'm not trying to say X10 is the be all and end all of handsets but it's certainly not too shabby.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:46
for those wonder about the delay.. SE plan to upgrade the OS to 2.1 at launch ..( at least in the US region as im not sure about other part of the world)

Ricky .. it's just my opinions
Lostsoulz
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:47
Cool thanks hope it works it's on play http://www.play.com/Mobiles/M[....]ro-SD-Memory-Card/Product.html dont think it's a bad price too just need a good case, the mw600 and the phone lol just waiting on the cpwh to show it as they are updating there web-site and show the x10 now with t-mobile need to have the X10 UK generic dont want any network stuff on it to mess it up and slow it down ect so need a Sony Ericsson again as my last one was the P990I.
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:53

On 2010-03-31 03:47:08, Lostsoulz wrote:
Cool thanks hope it works it's on play http://www.play.com/Mobiles/M[....]ro-SD-Memory-Card/Product.html dont think it's a bad price too just need a good case, the mw600 and the phone lol just waiting on the cpwh to show it as they are updating there web-site and show the x10 now with t-mobile need to have the X10 UK generic dont want any network stuff on it to mess it up and slow it down ect so need a Sony Ericsson again as my last one was the P990I.

That's a class 2 really slow especially in writing .. if i were you i wouldnt get that one (i prefer class 6 or 10).. at least get class 4. if your phone is not arrive yet then wait cuz i know most company is making the class 10 for release
Lostsoulz
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 03:59
@ DrewVL
That's the sd card you talking about then? I will wait as I do want it to be as fast as it can be as I'am one to use the memory all up.
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 04:14
Nope that's MicroSD
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 04:17
I am not convinced that 64k colors is only because of Android 1.6 limitation. I mean X10 minis also have Android 1.6 and allegedly 16M colors out of the box. If they managed to fix it in minis why not in X10?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it would show that they cheap out on screen (it's big, it's costly) just like they did with single-touch digitizer and that the phone stays on 64k colors even after 2.1 update (if it ever comes). They didn't really confirmed there will be 16M colors ever, all they said was along lines that the hardware was capable of more. Why should we believe that? They already deceived public by giving false hopes of multi-touch while they knew it will not be possible due to HW limitations.

Quite possible someone at SE last year thought like this: Android 1.6 doesn't support multi-touch and more than 64k colors so why should we put expensive hardware that support it when it's not gonna be utilized anyway. The only flaw with this logic is that it took so much time to release that the phone got outdated even before it's released. And now also becomes impossible to upgrade (in MT sense, for now).
[ This Message was edited by: Saka on 2010-03-31 03:53 ]
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 04:40
Ya, I'm with Saka. I have yet to see any sort of confirmation from SE that the X10 can support 16M colors. Like with the digitizer, it's impossible to tell even with the unit in hand unless you either open it up and find part number you can reference, or it gets upgraded to 2.x (either by SE or through community ROMs) .

Since SE didn't seem to be keen on publicizing that the digitizer was only single-touch capable, I wouldn't put it past them to sit on these specifics for as long as they can either.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 05:21
for me, if having lower color depth means longer battery life with no real noticeable difference 99% of the time, i'll choose the lower color depth for the longer battery life. what good is a 16m color screen if it doesn't turn on right?

I do agree that SE should be more forthcoming and "official" with what the X10 hardware is capable of and what is intended to be supported in the future. For the fanboy community and tech news sites having to rely on blogs for their information is a bit unprofessional.

In any case, I'm with Ricky... I'm gonna get the X10 cause the drawbacks aren't too much of a concern for me. I love the style and the other features the X10 has to offer. I'll be happy with it. In the end, it's what you're happy with right? If the X10 isn't for you, then it isn't for you. Good luck finding the phone that meets your needs and wants.

oh and @DrewVL... the plan to upgrade the X10 to 2.1 for a US launch, afaik is just a rumor. Do you have official statements somewhere? Personally, I'm not gonna rely on the rumor and I'll be getting an X10a as soon as it's available, launch or no launch. Unless of course it's a week or two difference.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 05:52
as according to sources... it's confirm from SE that the unit will launch at Q2 with the update version of OS but didnt really state which version..hopefully 2.1
also i doubt that with 65k of colors will save battery life! and it make a different! test it out when you have the unit side by side with unit equipped 16mil colors
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-03-31 04:54 ]
dancingfate
K700
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 05:54
I can confirm that X10 is already available in some stores in Jakarta, Indonesia, since yesterday, March 30, 2010. Yes, it's Q1, the end of Q1 actually. Both colors are available. It's unbranded, not from Indosat as previously announced.
Apple iPhone 4, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire, S001, SO905iCS, T650 (Gold & Green), C901, W800, K660, K700, Beibei (G702), Severine (DEAD)
yawdapaah
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 06:04
I don't mean to be rude but, lower color depth for better battery life? Evey SE screw up is apparently justifiable it seems.

It's a testament to how sexy the x10 is; I cannot stay away
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-31 06:26

On 2010-03-31 05:52:40, DrewVL wrote:
as according to sources... it's confirm from SE that the unit will launch at Q2 with the update version of OS but didnt really state which version..hopefully 2.1
also i doubt that with 65k of colors will save battery life! and it make a different! test it out when you have the unit side by side with unit equipped 16mil colors
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-03-31 04:54 ]

What sources are you referring to? Got a link?

And regarding the color... someone posted a link a few pages back that compared the screen of the X10 with, i think, every other android phone on the market at this point in time. There was no real "OMG THAT SCREEN SUCKS!" difference.

and here's the link: http://www.xperiax10.net/2010[....]s-up-against-7-peers/#more-387

I suggest clicking through to the mobile10 full review and using google translate.... toward the bottom you can see side by side shots of all the phone screens. maybe it's the photograph but to me it is hardly a huge difference between the 65K X10 screen vs. a 16mill OLED N1 screen. Of course OLED is gonna be brighter, higher contrast.. but do you see a big difference? i sure don't.. at least not from those photos.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2010-03-31 05:32 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-31 06:27
promotion at Malaysia for X10....till end of April
buy one get a pair of Kelly Clarkson Malaysia concert...the phone seem to be out at Malaysia
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 231232233 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic