Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 228229230 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 19:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
thats like saying new phones need cap screens cuz resistive is old tech. if its the uninformed pushing for marketing points then doesnt that invalidate its necessity? i mean cmon the phone doesnt have mt, but it should so that it can sell? it may get it later but doesnt have it now. its not like the phone is lacking much in the way of anything. this seems so trivial, and everyone yellin for it, just makes them look hypocritical for berating seal all this time. anyway i just think its minutia, apple driven minutia for something thats nothing more than a fad right now. there are plenty of other useful mechanisms in the UI to negate the advantages of mt. and if a person wont buy a phone cuz it doesnt have it, they are missing out on a superior device. if 320x480 w/ mt is better than 480x854 w/o mt; they deserve all that comes with that horrendous pixel density, and lack of features.

also an application store is not a phone feature.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 19:14
I must say,i nearly had a heart attack when i saw how much this is going to be. 3-4years ago $800 for a smartphone would have been understandable,but for 2010 its just ridiculous IMO.
Do SE understand what they are dealing with? The place where Android is making a killing is the USA. Americans will not spend such a ridiculous amount of money on a product that has so many other alternatives: HTC Desire, HTC HD2, Google NexusOne, Motorola Droid/Milestone, iPhone3GS, what ever SAMSUNG Android, Nokia N900, BlackBerry Storm2 etc. . .the 4inch display and 8mp camera arent enough to be charging $800.
As for multitouch, its not a dealbreaker no doubt BUT it does make using the phone a lot better e.g. Gaming where it can be used heavily especialy on the types of games that are meant to take full advantage of that Snapdragon CPU. I can also imagine multitouch making it easier to manage files in the file manager or media in gallery etc... Either way the X10 will get it at some point so those who dont see it mattering now will see in the near by future im sure.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
kewsvnet
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 19:25
multi touch does get a little more important in gaming i think....when playing some of the 3d shooter type games on the phone...it gets quite annoying when u cant look around and shoot at the same time

pinch and zoom while it is nice to have...is not really that much of a deal breaker...while it does make zooming pictures a little easier its more of a show off feature which has become quite common anyways!
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 20:02
On 2010-03-29 19:25:02, kewsvnet wrote:
multi touch does get a little more important in gaming i think....when playing some of the 3d shooter type games on the phone...it gets quite annoying when u cant look around and shoot at the same time

pinch and zoom while it is nice to have...is not really that much of a deal breaker...while it does make zooming pictures a little easier its more of a show off feature which has become quite common anyways!

Ya, this is it really. Pinch-zoom doesn't really matter. I've played with good zoom option in Opera Mobile on my iPAQ, and the touch-hold-to-zoom feature I saw Sony preview in a video for the X10 looked like a good alternative.

But gaming will hurt by not having dual-touch, especially if all the other handsets in this class have it. Games will be created to run on hardware like this but include multi-touch controls because that's what most of the available hardware uses. X10 owners would be left out in such a case if it does indeed lack dual-/multi-touch support.

Time will tell, as SE has to make a firm statement eventually.
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 20:15
theres a reason the psp and the ds have buttons ... its cuz you cant play real game with a TS ... it doesnt work theres no feedback when youve missed a "button" its hard enough with a controller. ppl playing games on these devices are missing the point already. go get a decent game system or play bejeweled, at the very least you need a keyboard ie droid/n900 to be playing "3D" games.
[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2010-03-29 19:16 ]
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 20:31
Lots of use of BUZZ WORDS here "Dual Touch" "Multi Touch" Given very few people have actually had their hands on the X10 so far I suggest this all just to much huff and puff!
May I suggest you stop speculating about Multi / Dual touch do what I did regarding the much hyped Capacitive screens used on Android devices, use three or four devices and then make an informed judgment!
However even that seems to confuse those who like to set themselves up as Tech Gurus!!
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
jmcconnell
P910
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 20:37
Gummobile.com are showing as having stock. They also have some listed on ebay for 489.99 with free delivery.
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 20:41
On 2010-03-29 20:31:07, Nitro Fan wrote:
Lots of use of BUZZ WORDS here "Dual Touch" "Multi Touch" Given very few people have actually had their hands on the X10 so far I suggest this all just to much huff and puff!
May I suggest you stop speculating about Multi / Dual touch do what I did regarding the much hyped Capacitive screens used on Android devices, use three or four devices and then make an informed judgment!
However even that seems to confuse those who like to set themselves up as Tech Gurus!!

Getting our hands on an X10 won't help. Since it's running Android 1.6, there's really no way to tell if the hardware supports any form of multi-touch. Unless Sony makes an official statement, or someone decides to either open their X10 and look for some marking to show which Clearpad hardware it uses, or a ROM is released that has Android 2.1, we simply won't know.
crabman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 23:54
Summit has just confirmed on the official blog that.... cut and paste.... Back in November, I posted that X10 will not support multi touch functionality at launch, but will be considered for the future. I can appreciate that even though there wasnt a commitment, such wording both creates expectations (small or big) on future support and implies restrictions on software side.
That is the information I had in hand at that point of time. I am well aware that you rate multi touch functionality very high and therefore I regret to inform you that X10 screen hardware does not register simultaneous entries. Meaning even though we will upgrade the underlying operating system in relation to upgrading our user experience layer, X10 will not support multi touch functionality

Not looking good although some are already saying they have not denied "dual touch".
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-30 00:29
Good that it's made clear before wider release because quite a few here were ready to buy this based on false assumptions. For those that still have hopes, the man was clear enough: no multi-touch, no dual-touch, only single touch, now and forever, regardless of update to Android 2.1 that may come late this year.

So if you buy it, buy it because you like what it can do today. Do not buy it assuming it will get more features later because most likely it won't.
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 00:29
"X10 screen hardware does not register simultaneous entries" - I think this cancels out everything besides single touch.

Now the discussion can move on lol.

At some point in time, there will be a teardown of the X10 so we could see what hardware makes up the X10.
kaizerp900
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 00:52

On 2010-03-29 20:37:42, jmcconnell wrote:
Gummobile.com are showing as having stock. They also have some listed on ebay for 489.99 with free delivery.

In stock but they are not allowed to ship them to customers till 7th April under Sony Ericsson instructions.

I have got so annoyed at waiting for this phone that I have e-mailed them to say I want to cancel my order & get refunded.

I'm just not prepared to wait any longer for this phone & the more things i'm reading about it all points to it being an out of date phone (compared to htc nexus) before it's even been released.

Sorry SE but you are dangerously close to losing me as a customer , I have stuck by you for years now but this is the last straw & feel badly let down by the delays of the X10 & it's inferior software / hardware when other companies are miles ahead in this area.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 00:58

On 2010-03-30 00:29:05, Saka wrote:
So if you buy it, buy it because you like what it can do today. Do not buy it assuming it will get more features later because most likely it won't.

True. This applys generaly to all SEs,its how SE have always been,dont expect ANY major suprises (new features, 2-3solid years of support etc. . .) once the final product is out.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 01:00

On 2010-03-29 17:57:15, emuneee wrote:

On 2010-03-29 17:47:50, my ninja wrote:
mt isnt that big of a deal anyway. crying over something that isnt necessary for data consumption, its a frivolity. no real value added.

Multi-touch isn't a big deal...correct, but its not as minor as people are making it out to be. Multi-touch is bigger than pinch to zoom in the browser (ie. soft keyboard, third party apps, etc.)

Finally, consumers who won't have a chance to try an X10 out in the store will read and see that there is no multi-touch on this shiny $800 handset and completely eliminate it. We know, its not a dealbreaker, but for some regular consumers, it very well is.

The X10 is an $800 flagship handset battling other cheaper, similarly spec'd flagship handsets with better software. It needs to have multi-touch (or dual touch or whatever its called on Android) even if its just a bullet point.

where $800? I can purchase it for $635 delivered to my door, black or white...
crabman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 01:02
Experience tells me that you shouldn't buy any product from anyone based on the hope of future updates, if it gets rooted, etc. A sure way to taste disappointment. Not the sharpest tool in the shed but I learn from my mistakes. lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 228229230 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic