Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 227228229 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
AndyD777
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 14:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This story seems to be spreading like wild fire at the moment and its causing abit of confusion.

It seems to come from Rikard Skogberg post on the SE Blog.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com[....]arted/comment-page-2/#comments

This is one of the most senable comments on there.

I’ve come to the blog and see a lot of insults and people like wild wolves.
Then I realized that it’s by ignorant people (rude and vulgar people) that comes this blog.
1. HTC Desire (all HTC) and NEXUS ONE don’t have MULTI-TOUCH it’s just ignorance. used is technology Dual-touch and gestures and pinching. (for any Android phone with capacitive screen)
Buy HTC, Please you can’t have such bad taste
2. The only one that has something like multi-touch is the iPhone, but is some-what mediocre compared to the multi-touch from Hewlett Packard screen for PC.
3. Rikard has not made a big mistake, nor the people at Sony Ericsson withholding information. In this blog there are people who create these types of misunderstandings and disputes and take things people/SE have not done or said. Please don’t be carried away by this kind of controversy.
4. Rikard(SE)said today, had not until the upgrade to 2.1 or Froyo. IT’S Good and the wicked people of this blog started to generate this poorly understood
5. When Rikard speaking of MT refers to the technology of Apple and I don’t think the pinching, gestures or Touch Dual phones running on Android with version 2.1.
6. Google is generating another kind of multi-touch, for phone manufacturers that use Android OS is not obliged to buy Apple’s patents. a good example of this is the pinching and gestures that we see in Nexus One and HTC Desire.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-29 15:08
Well, I am still holding belief that X10 is much closer to ready for release than say Satio/Aino/C905/K850.

And the reviews from the big boys are often written and a long time before release as the number of review handsets are few and the reviewers are many.

Sure SE could perhaps hold off in sending out the review samples until they are ready but there is a balance and a number of options.

1. They can send out pre-production models and ask all reviews to be published at the same time, creating in effect an explosion of news on the web and magazines surrounding the product.
2. They can send out release ready hardware/firmware and have the reviewers publish their reviews weeks after release creating a very soft landing in the public eye.
3. Send out release production firmware/hardware but wait a couple months before releasing so that all the reviewers can write their reviews and get them ready to publish at the same time.

The balance is very fine but SE seem to stick to the policy of sending out pre-production models and rushing their products to market. I do notice though that some places get a second review opportunity with very close to release firmware, which to me suggests that SE do keep upgrading the circulating test handsets and resending them out.

Another important thing to realise is that it really does take weeks to write one of these reviews as there are many obstacles in the way, such as, maybe they want to do a comparison against competitors but they are waiting for the competitor handset to come in so they can do those side by side comparisons or maybe with only a limited number of review models floating around, having to go to all the reviewers on the books a particular reviewer may be waiting weeks just to get a hands-on.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 15:41
This is where people get in trouble. Now that it doesn't have multi-touch, people are assuming it does dual-touch because this is what the Nexus One does (unsure). should probably clarify this even further because people are assuming it's dual-touch and if it's not, they are only setting the X10 up for further failure.

AndyD777
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 15:58

On 2010-03-29 15:41:05, emuneee wrote:
This is where people get in trouble. Now that it doesn't have multi-touch, people are assuming it does dual-touch because this is what the Nexus One does (unsure). should probably clarify this even further because people are assuming it's dual-touch and if it's not, they are only setting the X10 up for further failure.

I agree.
saltorio
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 15:59
On 2010-03-29 13:40:47, Saka wrote:
If you are fine with something announced a half year ago launched last day or few last days of promised quarter then good for you. For me it's cynical.

Do you know how common this is? It's not just Sony. Most companies that say they will release a product in Qx mean that it'll be out at the end of that quarter (in the last month of the quarter at least). The games industry does it all the time, and I've seen it all over the computer industry as well.

As for the multi-touch issue, it's a big mess really. SE needs to clarify exactly what the hardware can handle, and they need to do it fast to limit the damage. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that some sites decided to run with the rumour rather than wait for clarification, but I guess that how things work.
fjcarlsson
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 16:10
I also went in CPW today and had a look at the 'dummy' of X10. it's not as big as I expected from all the reviews where the label is BIG! I have had my reservations on size up til now.
CPW expect delivery by the end of this week or early next week.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 16:18
I bought a dummy X10 and have it here. It's not as big as I thought and - the curvature makes it feel smaller in the hand.

I'll be getting mine from CPW but I'm guessing they won't have the white version on sale.
Andy_P
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 16:45
Gosh.. Id forgotten about all the people who wait for release time just to slag it off.. So negative, so pointless.

I've ordered mine, don't care about multitouch, don't care about reviewers receiving beta firmware.. P800 / P900 / P990 / P1i were all the same, if you want a 100% working phone buy something that's been out for ages.

I've had plenty of HTC phones and they're hardly faultless either.

Can't wait to receive mine now

Only thing I fear is how long the launch of 2.x will take.. It's bound to be a while.

ps... I've been on Esato 8yrs now.. surely the forums need a lil bit of updating by now.. I wanna know my real postcount
[ This Message was edited by: Andy_P on 2010-03-29 15:47 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:01
I'm also not bothered too much about multi-touch, it's cool but not a deal breaker. I like the way zooming is implemented on the X10 mini. Word on the street is that they'll implement that sort of thing on X10, it means you can zoom with 1 hand instead of needing one hand to hold the phone and a second to touch it up.

I was kind of hoping for the X10 to be slightly 'over-sized' compared to other smartphones. It's gives it more character and a look-at-me vibe. Which, let's face it, is why I've got a white one instead of the black waiting for me at home.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
AndyD777
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:36
Is Clove Technology the best place to buy this phone sim free (410 +vat)?
[ This Message was edited by: AndyD777 on 2010-03-29 16:41 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:39
That's the lowest price I've seen.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:40
I fully expect the X10 to end up supporting whatever cut-down form of multitouch Android adopts - this is just another PR disaster from some marketing bod at SE who doesn't understand the subtleties of software/hardware compatibility, or the full import of what he's stating.

That said, the people claiming that multitouch support doesn't matter are wrong, simple as that. Multitouch isn't a gimmick or a passing fancy, it's the best way of controlling a fully touchscreen device (like any of the phones we're discussing here), and it will be a feature of every smartphone OS (including current and future Android versions) going forward. Why? Because it allows those phones to do a hell of a lot more, and be used in more interesting ways. Developers want it, most users want it, and the likes of Google, Microsoft, and even Symbian are committed to providing it.

Whether you think you need multitouch or not, the apps that your big expensive smartphone is designed to run along with future updates of the OS itself will certainly need it, sooner rather than later.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2010-03-29 16:44 ]
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:47
mt isnt that big of a deal anyway. crying over something that isnt necessary for data consumption, its a frivolity. no real value added.
emuneee
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 17:57

On 2010-03-29 17:47:50, my ninja wrote:
mt isnt that big of a deal anyway. crying over something that isnt necessary for data consumption, its a frivolity. no real value added.

Multi-touch isn't a big deal...correct, but its not as minor as people are making it out to be. Multi-touch is bigger than pinch to zoom in the browser (ie. soft keyboard, third party apps, etc.)

Finally, consumers who won't have a chance to try an X10 out in the store will read and see that there is no multi-touch on this shiny $800 handset and completely eliminate it. We know, its not a dealbreaker, but for some regular consumers, it very well is.

The X10 is an $800 flagship handset battling other cheaper, similarly spec'd flagship handsets with better software. It needs to have multi-touch (or dual touch or whatever its called on Android) even if its just a bullet point.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-03-29 18:30

On 2010-03-29 17:57:15, emuneee wrote:

On 2010-03-29 17:47:50, my ninja wrote:

Multi-touch isn't a big deal...correct, but its not as minor as people are making it out to be. Multi-touch is bigger than pinch to zoom in the browser (ie. soft keyboard, third party apps, etc.)

Finally, consumers who won't have a chance to try an X10 out in the store will read and see that there is no multi-touch on this shiny $800 handset and completely eliminate it. We know, its not a dealbreaker, but for some regular consumers, it very well is.

The X10 is an $800 flagship handset battling other cheaper, similarly spec'd flagship handsets with better software. It needs to have multi-touch (or dual touch or whatever its called on Android) even if its just a bullet point.

Agreed
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 227228229 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic