Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 163164165 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
dothan
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To wait for what? Most of the features of 2.0 are already integrated in SE version of 1.6. I have tested both X10 and Moto Droid and don't see so much advantages in Moto, except the hardware keyboard that I am really missing in X10.
X10/X2
anders260
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 11:15
http://blogs.sonyericsson.com[....]-will-be-upgradeable/#comments

Sumit Malhotra says:
February 9, 2010 at 10:43 am
Thanks for all your feedback, Been busy reading it all through now! I’ll try to summaries my answers below. I hope to have covered most of it, but unfortunately I may not have all the answers to all your questions at this point.

Thanks Manish for supporting on clarifications and Cooldavee for good constructive feedback on shortcoming on the .com among other feedback. Will pass that on to our web team. Thanks to rest of you as well. Appreciate the feedback and getting it first hand, so I get what is top of your mind even though I canīt fulfil all your requests for clarification at this point.

X10 will launch with Android 1.6 and it will be possible to upgrade to a later Android release as part of upgrading the whole UXP. I canīt be explicit about what version nor exact timing at this time and therefore it’s difficult for me to discuss the details on which of the 2.1 capabilities that will be leveraged in the upgrade. This is as we are enhancing the product with a different approach using our UXP layer. I understand your frustration as you have reference points in the market and thus your views of what we should support.

What I can say is that I hear you clearly with regards to usage improvements that you would like to see. Time to market with upgrades, multi touch, improved colour depth, native support for exchange active sync, multiple inbox etc. Trust me, I agree with your views on what the benefits are.

- Multi touch really enhances browsing etc. Fully agree, but can unfortunately not comment on the support for it in future upgrades at this point.

- @Pezt: agree about the unfortunate screen colour confusion created by us with conflicting information at point of launch. With regards to what the hw can cope with in regards to updates, I am checking on my end to see what I can say about it. For launch 64k stands and I watch video etc. and for the eye it is good quality for sure in this big screen.

- We have done some work to overcome the native exchange support gap in 1.6. The mail client, included in the phone, support synchronisation with phonebook which is one recognized aspect.

- Battery life, I am checking as well if there are some numbers to communicate but performance is good from my perspective as a user.

The upgrade will be made available at sonyericsson.com for the user. “Minor” upgrades that are not firmware will be delivered OTA.

@Roshan J Thaliath: can you send me your customer complaint mail and response please and I will follow up. sumit.malhotra@sonyericsson.com

@hunk143, thanks for clarifying who I am . However I havenīt been that active, so it’s understandable that people miss that.

Cheers,
Sumit

motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 11:57
hmm he keeps avoiding the multitouch matter...
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-09 12:55
I have a feeling he wont say anything on multitouch in the future either. We'll get it though, one way or the other

@ anders260
The Nexus One uses ClearPad 2000 capacitive touchscreen sensor so maybe X10 has the same too. It allows DualTouch (2-finger) touch capabilities. The newer Clearpad 3000 series has multiTouch capabilities which allows up to 10 fingers simultaneously!
[ This Message was edited by: Karun on 2010-02-09 12:03 ]
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 13:43

On 2010-02-09 10:44:30, sealover94 wrote:
whoever is thinking of buying a x10 with 1.6 version must be a fool....
wait for 2.0 to be intergrated....but until then you will find out there will be plenty of better phones to choose...
[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2010-02-09 09:44 ]

Motorola MOTOROI is all that plus some mo'
Xenon flash and HD video recording...this is delicious...

For now happy with the X10.
Even with the old a*s proto firmware it's lightning fast.
A pleasure to browse trough time/mediascape
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 13:56

On 2010-02-09 10:44:30, sealover94 wrote:
whoever is thinking of buying a x10 with 1.6 version must be a fool....
wait for 2.0 to be intergrated....but until then you will find out there will be plenty of better phones to choose...
[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2010-02-09 09:44 ]

i understand every one is entitled to their opinion. BUT, in saying that, sealover, you take it to a whole new level.

We have heard your opinion, once, twice, three.... even 10 times before. And, its pretty much the same thing every time.

Its quite annoying. I dont care how some read what im posting here, in some ways some may try defend him, i dont really care. And its fact, once or twice is enough honestly.

You're worse than a broken record. Give up!

And by me (theoretically speaking of course) purchasing an x10 with 1.6, that makes me a fool? How you come to say something like that escapes me!

@All

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to come here and post the same thing over and over is annoying, well to me anyway.

Post all the negative comments you like, but please vary it up. Come up with some CONSTRUCTIVE negative posts.

Rant over... back on topic... any new hands on videos floating about?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 14:21
It's just opinion. Nothing to get upset about.

I think you'd be foolish to buy the X10 assuming it's going to get worthwhile updates/multitouch etc in the future, simply because SE don't have a good record in that area - that's not to say they won't now pull up their socks and provide those things, just that you'd be silly to take their word for it. If you really want a 2.x Android phone with multitouch, either buy one of those already on the market, or *wait* until the X10 has had those updates. That way you won't be dissapointed.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 14:23
@>500

Why even bother reacting? I might join a forum dedicated to Volkswagen and post the same negative comments over and over and over again just to see what enjoyment I can get out of it, because right now? I really can't see why anyone would do such a thing. The mind boggles.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2010-02-09 13:29 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 14:32

On 2010-02-09 14:21:34, Boinng wrote:
It's just opinion. Nothing to get upset about.

I think you'd be foolish to buy the X10 assuming it's going to get worthwhile updates/multitouch etc in the future, simply because SE don't have a good record in that area - that's not to say they won't now pull up their socks and provide those things, just that you'd be silly to take their word for it. If you really want a 2.x Android phone with multitouch, either buy one of those already on the market, or *wait* until the X10 has had those updates. That way you won't be dissapointed.

not really upset... just an opinion im sure there are others who feel the same...

well personally i dont really need multitouch, my touchpad on my laptop has it, i rarely use it. Nor when i use an iphone do i use it.

but of course, its obvious those seeking 2.x + multitouch should look else where. Not come here and complain about the x10 not having it. No one is forcing them to buy it. As you say, there are other choices out there. the x10 isnt the only android phone

@goldenface
couldnt resist

im one to chime in usually to tell people to get 'back on topic', but sometimes i wonder off and post something like i did above, thats, well, 'off topic'. now id really like to get back on topic.
synn
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 14:36
Feed the troll(s), do not.

/yoda
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 15:05

not really upset... just an opinion im sure there are others who feel the same...

well personally i dont really need multitouch, my touchpad on my laptop has it, i rarely use it. Nor when i use an iphone do i use it.

but of course, its obvious those seeking 2.x + multitouch should look else where. Not come here and complain about the x10 not having it. No one is forcing them to buy it. As you say, there are other choices out there. the x10 isnt the only android phone

@goldenface
couldnt resist

im one to chime in usually to tell people to get 'back on topic', but sometimes i wonder off and post something like i did above, thats, well, 'off topic'. now id really like to get back on topic.

I consider myself a real SE fanboy and I just get dissapointed when they do the same misstakes over and over again.
I couldnt care less about about software, but if the hardware is bad thats a whole different story.

I would use MT for games and programs, hate not being able to install all the programs from appstore

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-09 19:14
@motvikt

you do realize this is an android phone? You won't be able to install stuff from the app store. Also, I agree multi-touch would be great for games and certain apps and typing too. I think it'd be crazy if the X10's hardware didn't support it, but we'll see I guess.

Right now X10 is still for me. Though it's only 1.6 and doesn't have multi-touch, it has the features I want and use. On style and look alone, it beats any other phone on the market currently in my opinion.

I am curious about what another poster asked. Can the OS be completely flashed to a standard version of android? Of course you lose timescape/mediascape, but is this an option? Sorry if this has already been answered.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 19:50
It is still X10 for me all the way as well

I stopped discussing the phone anymore. I just read the topics.
Because X10 is a very stylish phone.
Forever !!!
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2010-02-09 20:25
Some cool X10 hardware and UI pics at Mobile-Review:

Click here

mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-09 21:09
This is the review I have been waiting for.
However, I see that there are still some things, that have to be fixed. Examples:

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2010-02-09 20:37 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 163164165 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic