Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
chuksy
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Why does SE wait for 5 months or more before they release their phones after its announcement.I just don't understand the rationale behind this.

Why don't they release few weeks after announcement.They allow other companies to beat them to their game.Am sure HTC is going to release a more powerful phone before march and steal their market share,then SE will start to moan about not making any profit....You now know why.

I wish the x10 was out by dec,but if something better comes out,am afraid i'll to jump ship
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:27
i dont see how HTC or any other company could announce a more 'powerful' phone... I mean, X10 has a snapdragon processor... most powerful mobile chip currently... so, i dont actually think you can get more 'poweful' for the time being!
Well there is Tegra, but... much of a muchness!

etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:30

On 2009-11-04 00:54:07, moogoo wrote:
Yes... why? because X10 is gorgeous. As mizzle said and rightfully pointed out, the android native apps do not lag. in fact they are very fast. The only lag is in SE custom software, which currently is being processed by the CPU and NOT the snapdragon chipset GPU.

Im sorry i dont mean to take the p**s but your post entertained me even more. The K700i and K750i were released a whole year apart (2004/2005). Unless you bought a K700i around May 2005 i dont see why you'd have suffered.

Everyone is going on about how fast this phone is and its interface, yet nobody has really used the X10 as of yet to an extent where this could be illustrated unless you count a few youtube videos which show only pre release software running basic processes. Please dont think this phone will be the burning messiah of the phone market because it will not. Ive seen this happen so many times on Esato and other phone sites. The latest disappointment was the Satio for many people, but the real joke was the P990 as we all remember. I hate seeing people be so disappointed all the time.

My main issue is by the time this phone hits the market a good majority of users will have become bored of waiting. SE fall flat on their faces every time they do this and need to learn from the likes of Nokia who tend to announce phones weeks not months prior to release with the odd exception every now and then. The gap between announcement and to retail market is far too high. SE are a struggling company as it is but, by announcing the X10 and releasing it months later only gives competitors time to up their own specs.

As Jmcomms would have you believe Symbian is on its way out. Imagine if by the time the X10 hits the market the phones Nokia, Samsung and Motorola are working on behind closed doors at the moment suddenly get better specs because of what SE announced. Nokia might go for a 2.0 phone, running all the latest updates, a 12mp camera, HD video recording etc.

I really do wish SE would learn but they never do. I still love them though.

EDIT: @ >500 - of course something faster can come along. Mobile Phones are just like computers these days. What is top spec now can quite easily be knocked down a notch within a couple of weeks. By the time the X10 is released, it could be considered a dinosaur !
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2009-11-04 08:33 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:36
I believe this time will release the phone earlier than we expected.
Forever !!!
chuksy
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:40

On 2009-11-04 09:27:39, >500 wrote:
i dont see how HTC or any other company could announce a more 'powerful' phone... I mean, X10 has a snapdragon processor... most powerful mobile chip currently... so, i dont actually think you can get more 'poweful' for the time being!
Well there is Tegra, but... much of a muchness!

When i mean more powerful i don't mean higher than snapdragon, but having snapdragon and more other powerful features.
Remember HTC is coming out with a snapdragon phone very soon.And you know they are the king of android so far, their HTC Hero was a hit, you never know what they'll be up to soon. But one thing i know is that it'll be hot.

So am scared for SE,they have to raise their game and STOP DELAYING THE RELEASE OF THEIR PHONE, else they'll lose badly
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:07
@ OffLineR - im not being funny, but anyone who remembers how long it took SE to get the hang of the latest UIQ when the P990 was due release, by the time the phone came out it had been delayed and was virtually past its sell by date.

Deja vu time, SE releasing a new phone on a new platform. Anything sound all too familiar ?
OffLineR
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:11
@etaab
I know it sound quite familiar. But this is the time for to make things right.
If HTC release a phone as powerful and as good looking as x10, will lose this game. X10 will be just another qute device.
announced the phone earlier than we expected so I expect the relase of the will be earlier as well. Fingers crossed.

I know I'm being optimistic about it, but I love
Forever !!!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:19
so do i but i dont know this really does seem like history repeating itself. I waited so long for the P990 that the rest of the world nearly left of behind. Then Nokia stepped in where SE fell short.
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:38
Quite the contrary of many here, I don't see how you are reasoning. Why should not announce their phones? Would you prefer it being announced in February next year instead? It makes all sense in the world to announce it earlier. It creates anticipation based on true specifications instead of being based on rumours. Should they not have announced it we would still be expecting 32GB device with HD, multitouch and who knows what more. It gives competition time to spec up their products? You think that competition don't know what is up to anyway? Don't be naive.

And what's this missing Christmas thing? You forget there are brand new Satio, Aino and Yari ready before Christmas. Besides, not the whole world celebrates that believe it or not.

This phone will be released in 4 months, which I think is a decent turnaround time. We have waited on Satio for 5 months since the announcement and it's still top of its class now when it's released. So will be the X10.
sealover94
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:46

On 2009-11-04 09:36:50, OffLineR wrote:
I believe this time will release the phone earlier than we expected.

Haven't you seen how earle this prototype was?And they are still looking for the colors...

And there is a video-call front camera

[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2009-11-04 10:03 ]
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 11:07
It is no so early. Like Mizzle said it is proto without GPU support. Standart browser or GM or simply Android on it just flying.
This interface in hardware acceleration. And it get it soon
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 12:10
I for one would prefer SE to announce their handsets maybe two months prior to release. Unfortunately they tend to announce them then spend 6 months (sometimes more) tinkering with the phone and then eventually when it does get released its still full of bugs, disappointments, and knowing if like the P990 will end up being obsolete.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 12:10

On 2009-11-04 10:38:55, Saka wrote:
Quite the contrary of many here, I don't see how you are reasoning. Why should not announce their phones? Would you prefer it being announced in February next year instead?

Yes. Why is that so wrong? They've missed the Christmas market anyway - and there will be actual Snapdragon-powered Android phones of similar spec by other manufacturers available then - so what are they achieving by announcing it so early?

At least if they announced it in January and delivered it in February (assuming it is deliverable in February) SE might actually be able to claw back a little respectability as a company and be seen as a dynamic brand that responds and delivers, rather than a dinosaur that's perpetually months behind the market.

It makes all sense in the world to announce it earlier. It creates anticipation based on true specifications instead of being based on rumours.

Anticipation which is already fading, in the face of equal or better devices that are coming to market much, much sooner. This the P990, X1, and (dare I say it) Satio all over again.
Legen
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 12:12
To those of you that have used an android device - does android have themes? I mean if i don't the blue(X10's menus) everywhere, can i change it?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 12:18
Exactly ! Anticipation creates waiting, waiting creates boredom, boredom creates.. Well, buying a nokia/samsung/moto etc !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic