Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread

Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 655656657  Next
Author Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread
Saka
Satio Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 01:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
WTF? Same source (http://it24.idg.se/2.2275/1.266246/sony-ericssons-android-ar-har):

Här finns allt vad man kan begära och lite till. Det gäller exempelvis inbyggd fm-radio, något som inte är särskilt vanligt bland de modeller som bygger på Googles operativsystem, men som är mer regel än undantag hos svenskjapanen.

Translation: There is all you can ask for and little more. Like for example the built-in FM-radio, something that isn't very common among models built upon Googles OS, but that is more of a rule than exception with swedejapanes.

Looks like they don't have a slightest idea what they are talking about... Or there is a built-in FM-radio after all.
[ This Message was edited by: Saka on 2009-11-04 00:34 ]
Arne Anka
Sony Xperia P
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 01:36
moogoo

The guy actually says SE are going to offer "compatibility with Android 2.0" for XPeria X10 in due time. Not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like some form of upgrade will be offered.
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2009-11-04 00:43 ]
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 01:58
any confirmation???

On 2009-11-03 16:17:19, giancito wrote:
Camera videocall yes not¿?¿?¿?¿

video demo

[addsig]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 02:25

On 2009-11-04 01:36:43, Arne Anka wrote:
moogoo

The guy actually says SE are going to offer "compatibility with Android 2.0" for XPeria X10 in due time. Not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like some form of upgrade will be offered.
[ This Message was edited by: Arne Anka on 2009-11-04 00:43 ]

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
arj2442
K800 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 02:54

On 2009-11-03 22:55:38, sealover94 wrote:
10 minutes of the new sonyericsson X10 !!

enjoy !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gaWl1-nAC4

The screen looks quite good here..i'm watching again right now..!
There is an answer of the "delay" thing too !!
[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2009-11-03 22:00 ]

Lol..what a douche!! "It is the same screen as the x1 right???'

' No mate its clearly so much bigger!'

Magic
K700 > K750(Black) > LIMITED EDITION SILVER K800I (James Bond Edition) > C905 Black =D
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 03:10
Ahh finally some kind of hope again with Android 2.0 in X10, thanks for that Gustaf Brusewitz.
Now I can sleep in peace again!
TJMonkey15
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 03:22
Regarding the "video call cam," I was under the impression that the black thing to the right of the ear piece was a proximity sensor. I feel like you can see that sensor when the light hits it directly and other times it's almost invisible. At least on my 5800 that's how it is.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 03:33
When the phone is running the native application... its very fast. Even the rotation from landscape to portrait happen instantly.... and the guy on the video said the the customized application will run at the same speed as the native applications.... which mean its going to be very fast..... Nice !!

yawdapaah
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 03:37
I'm pretty disappointed with today. Not with the X10 though; it will be optimized just like the Satio was. And (hopefully we will get 2.0).

But these guys never learn.
Taking this long to announce AND release a device is not acceptable. The people I tried to convince to wait for Rachel have all bought iPhones, Heros and are now waiting for the Droid. I have waited (eagerly) since the very first leak and will continue to wait but cannot survive if they continue this.

Edit: And with MWC coming up at the same time, might get screwed.
[ This Message was edited by: yawdapaah on 2009-11-04 02:42 ]
iprights
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 04:04
Does X10 have built-in FM radio? Thnaks.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 06:31

On 2009-11-04 00:45:53, Deron wrote:
I think SE have slightly dropped the ball here from a market point of view...

Missing the xmas period when a lot of people are looking for a new nextgen phone isn't good...

Currently there are options for people who want the newer faster cpu's with multi-tasking and something different to the Apple offerings...

The Droid has come out of nowhere, and we all know about the Palm pre. HTC are one of the best Android developers around but are also committed to WM and they will be announcing the HD2 tomorrow. There's also the Acer liquid...

A lot of next gen machinery all released by xmas available to a receptive market. If you are looking for a phone now...would you be willing to wait until March hoping Sony get it right?

I thought about the Xmas period being missed leading to a big hurt to SE as well. Then I also thought that although users are spending cash ... the success and news of Motorola Cliq/Dext, Motorola Droid in the USA, and other HTC Android devices already on the market will get more traction. The UI is not that appealing vs what's out there. Droid is just getting a frenzy because Motorola is making a comeback and well Engadget/Gizmodo ride on the balls of whomever is paying for their hype (previously it was RIM and all manner of Blackberry's now its Google and Droid). Note that Droid is on a CDMA carrier for USA consumption, the Milestone will be for Euro's and will be a 'milestone' which changes perception of Android in the open consumer marketplace.

By February 2010 more users will know about Android ... I'm not just talking about us geeks or technophobes, but the common user - Your pops/moms/auntie ... younger kids in college/highschool/grade school even. Now you ALL noticed that the first video by of a user using X10 was a woman into fashion, boyfriend waiting by the motorocycle trying to be cool (and probably getting other girls numbers & a quick ass photo on his Satio). The woman buys it, goes shopping, takes photos of her friends, listens to music SMS' her friends and jumps back on the motorcycle off she goes.

Anyone notice her using any apps other than the core UI experience? Nadda.
Anyone see her watch a video? Nope ... not enough time in a short video really and this would take some thunder from Satio (we may see this in a newer video though).
Anyone notice her making a phone call using the device itself? I cannot recall this.

Precisely. This hot blonde is not a technically inclined. She loves the look of the phone, it plays music and takes great photos, and it looks COOL like the iPhone in its transition & UI appearance and interactions. THIS is what is going to sell the X10 to the masses - when they begin using it because they're more familiar with Android THEN you'll see this go insane and other products by using Android ~ and their competition will flourish.

The challenge then by summer is the trifecta!
1. Accessories and harmony of using X10
2. Store: a seemless storefront to access content to fill the X10 up with and use it while mobile!
- nobody wants to stay at the PC to transfer music for lengths of time.
- its ALWAYS been about content. SE didn't sell so many K790/K800s because it was the best looking phone or had the best hardware on the market did it? Hell now it was because of the camera appeal AND the CONTENT: being able to run just about ALL your K750i apps, W810i apps and benefit from small software enhancements!!
- PlayNow Arena NEEDS to extend beyond the 7-9 countries it supports if SE is serious about going Gung-Ho against the competition. The coders in J2ME are there. So is the Android community and WM & Symbian community. They HAVE a unique user experience. Its time to get their licensing in order and go global!
3. Piece of mind & security.
- Remote wipe by the end user NOT a corporation, simple 1 step backup (iPhone on iTunes/MobileMe, and Moto Blurr), content purchased ON the device while mobile is represented on the cloud and saved whenever docked & also backed up for future restores ... just in case!

Case in point: iPhone. I ignored version 1 - no hardware OR content to truely enjoy it other than music. Plus it was on AT&T only. Version 2 I ignored it because I was on SE and S60 enjoying applicaitons, build quality and incredible calendar & PIM when I needed it ... at work & home. Content was there but I didnt need to consume due to my E71 hardware restrictions. Version 3 ... 3GS & iPod Touch opened my eyes.
- Content and software both on Mac & PC was just simplistic and done right.
- Hardware was capable and the software began to take advantage of it. Store had distributed great content to enjoy on such great hardware.
- Remote wipe and security done easily and in piece of mind for the end user. Even at a cost users WILL go for this. Backup and restore on the cloud & desktop will be amazing if done right. This allows for users to concentrate on their CONTENT and ENJOY their device.

SE has an incredible opportunity here for ALL their platforms chosen in their UX. They can shake up the market if their willing to push for it.

PS Its SE's fault for not sending core apps and game to the GPU ~ unless the limitation lies in Android which I think does. Notice no mention for OpenGL at all by ANY Android device yet??!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 06:54
i pray it has a compass so that when i get android 2.0 on there SDK style i can use google navi
mazi
G900 Brown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 07:12

On 2009-11-03 22:25:24, mazi wrote:
What is the size of Video recording? D1? or VGA?

anybody?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 07:20

PS Its SE's fault for not sending core apps and game to the GPU ~ unless the limitation lies in Android which I think does. Notice no mention for OpenGL at all by ANY Android device yet??!

@Prom

All Android devices support OpenGL, the APIs are available in the SDK and the framework is implemented in the Native Libraries. Quite a few applications, especially games use these API's and so does the UI. Without hardware acceleration it would'nt be possible to get a fluid UI like that seen on the X10.

Regards,

Akshay
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 08:30
Does android support multitasking?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 655656657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic