Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > will my tocco lite come with the "social bar"

Previous  12
Author will my tocco lite come with the "social bar"
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 18:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
update 1: you can use your old number on virgin http://www.virginmobile.com/v[....]sy.to.switch.whychooseus.sm081

update 2: virgin mobile and tesco mobile have the EXACTLY THE SAME prices, even on voicemail!

now i just need to know about the coverage, if virgin is better then im going to buy it on virgin from cpw, if tesco has better coverage then im going with tesco.
Age is just a number.. Being 13 makes me no dumber than a wise old man
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 18:26
Oh i thought it was widgets. As for Virgin well coverage is better these days but its still the worst network for overall coverage. I would stick with Tesco. Virgin handsets do come with branding i am afraid. I won a Sony Ericsson w595 once on Virgin and it had 3 icons on the menu branded in Virgin crap plus it was locked. Why dont you just buy it from Carphone sim free and use which ever sim in it. All pay and go phones at Carphone are sim free unlocked except branded Vodafone ones.
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 18:29

On 2009-10-27 18:26:00, Bonovox wrote:
Oh i thought it was widgets. As for Virgin well coverage is better these days but its still the worst network for overall coverage. I would stick with Tesco. Virgin handsets do come with branding i am afraid. I won a Sony Ericsson w595 once on Virgin and it had 3 icons on the menu branded in Virgin crap plus it was locked. Why dont you just buy it from Carphone sim free and use which ever sim in it. All pay and go phones at Carphone are sim free unlocked except branded Vodafone ones.

the network coverage map said i had 2g coverage but thats it, thats horrible because i want a network for its internet and i've got rubbish internet coverage.

tesco has 99% coverage in the whole of the uk and has brilliant coverage in my area for 3g and hi-speed internet coverage, i think ill go with tesco

thanks for all ur help

i've decided im going to buy the tocco lite in black on tesco mobile, tesco is the best for great coverage for a great price.

-Ketan
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 19:19
Yes all well and good but the Tocco Lite is not a 3G phone. Its only 2G but you can still use internet on it as it has EDGE speeds which is faster than GPRS. The Tocco Lite also has Edge. Have you tried b different sim cards in your area because maps are not always accurate and does not always show indoor coverage. For example Vodafone in my area has never had 3G coverage never. Yet on their website it shows as high quality 3G coverage. I am lucky to get one bar of 3G on Vodafone in the garden where i live. So i dont use them anymore.
Phone?? What phone??
phonecrzy
Vivaz Ruby
PM
Posted: 2009-10-27 21:30

On 2009-10-27 19:19:00, Bonovox wrote:
Yes all well and good but the Tocco Lite is not a 3G phone. Its only 2G but you can still use internet on it as it has EDGE speeds which is faster than GPRS. The Tocco Lite also has Edge. Have you tried b different sim cards in your area because maps are not always accurate and does not always show indoor coverage. For example Vodafone in my area has never had 3G coverage never. Yet on their website it shows as high quality 3G coverage. I am lucky to get one bar of 3G on Vodafone in the garden where i live. So i dont use them anymore.

lets see i've tried tesco text and call only sim and coverage is brilliant, o2 is brilliant, never tried vodafone, never tried 3, had orange for a long time and it was great for coverage on my orange branded K800 and W810, had t-mobile on my Sammy D900i and SE K660i and same coverage as orange (because there the same company powered)

and i dont think they are any 3g touchscreen phones on payg for £100. expect for viewty and that looks big and bulkey, i like the tocco lite because its, well... "lite!", i dont really need video calling and the tocco lite has google maps, all i want is a phone for internet browsing thats touch screen on a network that has internet browsing for a cheap price, and i dont see the point of wifi when i want phone internet for on the go and there wont be any wifi but McDonalds if im next 2 one!

should i really get a tocco lite on tesco?
[ This Message was edited by: phonecrzy on 2009-10-27 20:37 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi