Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Xperia X2 and HTC HD2

12  Next
Author Xperia X2 and HTC HD2
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-24 21:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm really impressed with how good the HTC HD2 looks and already can see the HTC HD2 smashes competition from the likes of the iPhone 3Gs, the only thing the iPhone 3Gs has over the HTC HD2 is applications from itunes as far as I'm concerned.

Heres a good comparision video by the way of the HTC HD2 and iPhone 3Gs Link text...

What I'm trying to find out though is how does the Xperia X2 compare to the HTC HD2 and was hoping this thread could be used for discussion

What are the pro's and con's when comparing the X2 and HTC HD2 in your opinion?

The HTC HD2 certainly looks a very good device.
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE" Sent from my Quietly Brilliant HTC.
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-24 22:37
Well at the moment it may be a little early to choose between them, but my own past experience is as follows, i have used and generally been an SE fan for some time, when i finally got the X1 after months of waiting i couldnt believe what an awsome piece of kit it was, 3 weeks later and i was ready to chuck it in the bin, i managed to get o2 to exchange it with the Xda Serra----o2s version of the HTC Touch Pro, bloody hell to say that they are basically the same platform, in my humble opinion the HTC is a far more user friendly, solid piece of kit, so if the past experience is anything to go by.
NO CONTEST i know where i would put my money!
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-24 22:50
A big plus as far as I can see is the World’s first capacitive touch technology on a Windows phone being the HTC HD2 so it's just as smooth (hopefully) as the iPhone and not the resistive screen type like on Xperia's where you need a stylus really.

Me too I'm an absolute SE Fan boy but HTC is putting out what appears to be better. The 8.1 mega pixel camera on the X2 maybe is better though but yes maybe a bit too early to say too much.
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2009-10-24 21:50 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-10-25 01:19
It really depends on what you need. HD2 is an amazing piece of hardware and beats everything out there. TouchFLO is really cool to look at and use. X2 has the same processor as the X1 which sucks for such an expensive device but it is much faster and smoother. Keyboard is excellent and in general, it is fantastic. Its down to if you want a keyboard and if you feel the HD2 is too big.
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-25 02:17

On 2009-10-25 01:19:00, badassmam wrote:
It really depends on what you need. HD2 is an amazing piece of hardware and beats everything out there. TouchFLO is really cool to look at and use. X2 has the same processor as the X1 which sucks for such an expensive device but it is much faster and smoother. Keyboard is excellent and in general, it is fantastic. Its down to if you want a keyboard and if you feel the HD2 is too big.

Bigger the screen size the better I think, especially for web browsing, watching video and maybe writing on.

Do you have any idea if things like MS Office will be pre-loaded onto the device?

I know application wise Microsoft Market place is a bit fruitless but a lot of people seem to think that won't be for long with new applications coming out. This I'm not sure about but everyone knows nothing can really beat the iPhone for applications but the Market Place will be for both the X2 and devices such as the HTC Win mob 6.5.
alexlt
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-25 03:23
I also think it all depends what are you looking for ...

Xperia X2 has better camera, and apparently will have better video recording. Qwerty physical keyboard could be considered another advantage too.

HTC HD2 has bigger and better screen (capacitive/multitouch) IMO. The 1Ghz processor could be considered an advantage as speed up overall performance, and some applications could take advantage of that.

In my opinion, if you don't need Qwerty keyboard or very good camera, and you want a bigger screen for watching videos and browsing internet with better procesing power, go for HD2. In terms of software TouchFlo and Panels with SPB Shell are pretty much comparable. I also think X2 it's relatively more compact with its "smaller screen"

Cheers
Xperia Arc LT15a ->> Sandisk 32Gb MicroSD Class 4, Sennheiser CX400-II & MW600
C905 ->> Modded R1FA035 Firmware, 8GB M2, HPM-70 & MPS-75

Visit my blog http://laviedepaulo.blogspot.com/
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-01 23:35

On 2009-10-25 03:23:55, alexlt wrote:

Xperia X2 has better camera, and apparently will have better video recording. Qwerty physical keyboard could be considered another advantage too.

HTC HD2 has bigger and better screen (capacitive/multitouch) IMO. The 1Ghz processor could be considered an advantage as speed up overall performance, and some applications could take advantage of that.

In my opinion, if you don't need Qwerty keyboard or very good camera, and you want a bigger screen for watching videos and browsing internet with better procesing power, go for HD2. In terms of software TouchFlo and Panels with SPB Shell are pretty much comparable. I also think X2 it's relatively more compact with its "smaller screen"

Cheers

A good camera is very important for me, especially when out at night or somewhere in the world and uploading good photos to Facebook.

I suppose now I'm looking between

HTC HD2

Sony Ericsson X2

Sony Ericsson X10

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-02 12:09

On 2009-11-01 23:35:14, Toney_Ericsson wrote:

On 2009-10-25 03:23:55, alexlt wrote:

Cheers

A good camera is very important for me, especially when out at night or somewhere in the world and uploading good photos to Facebook.

I suppose now I'm looking between

HTC HD2

Sony Ericsson X2

Sony Ericsson X10

Heh for me the choice is simple, I just need physical keyboard and keys, otherwise the
usage of the device is misery. So X2... And it probably has much better camera than HD2 too what is also important.
Plus I hate TF3D
a w a r e
tecmobility
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 13:18
My choice is always driven by the usage: i need a professional phone (I use it a lot for office mail) , with some entertainment features (photo, music, internet) and therefore keybord is , still, a must.
AS per WM I will chose X2 but I will definitively give a try to the X10 as soon as it come available
ipporek
X1 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-10 14:37
Well, the X2 seems like hardly an improvement over the X1 (same processor, slightly bigger screen...) whereas the HD2 is quite a big improvement over the HD.
cherrymiller
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-16 02:29
I will get this HTC HD2 for this New Year
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-25 02:10
I had a play on a HTC HD2, I'm seriously impressed!
Toney_Ericsson
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-08 21:01
Ok got a HTC HD2, really not impressed with o2's pre-pay data it's sooo slow, the weather app in the HTC HD2 won't even update. Not even using my home network 50MB broadband connection???
[ This Message was edited by: Toney_Ericsson on 2010-01-08 20:02 ]
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-08 21:12
Congrats on your purchase. PM coming your way 2 mins
dj-striker
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-09 18:34
i would spar wide of the x2 by all means