Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > yet another "unlimited" data discussion - was: whats wrong with o2 retentions

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author yet another "unlimited" data discussion - was: whats wrong with o2 retentions
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 00:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
But the retentions dept told me this well after the 3GS came out. Its still on the O2 website..

Its still in the shops point of sale material and in all terms and conditions..

Or maybe its true and O2 just dont want anyone to know in fear of people crippling their network with always-on 3g connections ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 08:27
Lol, I'd love you to show me where it is in our POS and out T's & C's then.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 09:55
Lol im not trying to disregard what you're saying as though its false, but everything speaks otherwise.

Ive just checked the O2 website to see if their policy has changed and found something worse:

O2 Web Bolt On

The O2 Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use (subject to this excessive usage policy)...

... If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy (including where you use an atypical volume of data as compared to normal users of the O2 Web Bolt On, which will normally be less than 200MB of usage within a one month period), O2 reserves the right to impose standard browsing charges (see http://www.o2.co.uk for details), impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the O2 Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

So now its 200mb per month ! OMG !

see O2 T&Cs
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2009-11-04 08:56 ]
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:06
So if Oranges 750mb is paltry what is the 200mb O2 ?
[ This Message was edited by: Nanu on 2009-11-04 09:40 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 10:09
About 2 hours of full facebook browsing !

Anyway back to topic as i think im annoying masseur too much.
Greggy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 11:01
Bonovox so your saying the new 15 tarrif will give u 12000txts ( if u changd b4 31 oct) and UNLIMITD web. And people on the old 10quid tarrif u have to pay 7.50 for the web bolt on and get 500mb. Theyd be an outcry. I think u or your friend is wrong i rung up 5 times and each 1 said there was a 500mb limit

This message was posted from a WAP device
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 12:45
It must be right because so many people say on here and i believe what James says. Also not just my friend who works in the store i did ask in another store just being curious. They said the same thing its UNLIMITED but with excessive usage if you over do it. I sometimes wonder if store staff and customer service staff always say something different. But i am fed up with this discussion its becoming stale now.
Phone?? What phone??
Greggy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 13:28
ok ive just spoke to a manager at o2. he says its definately 500mb. Ive just toppd up a sim i ordered frm an add in the paper. Ballances say 12000txts and 500mb. Payngo has always had a limit. U get a warnin text when u approach the 500mb limit. If u go over it u get chargd

This message was posted from a PC Compatible
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 20:28
Right, let me put this a simple way.

I've been doing this for 7 1/2 years now, and outside of you lot, not a SINGLE O2 customer has EVER, EVER, told us they've been texted/contacted by O2 in regards to reaching any kind of limit.

So on the website or not, some manager in another store or not, I have never, EVER had a single customer mention this to us.

Myself, my collegauges, and all the staff in at least 5 stores are all in agreement that it is unlimited. That's what we've been told, that's the info we've found out for ourselves, thats the response we've had from our customers.

That's my input, there's clearly little else I can add to this discussion to stop you all worrying your heads off.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:05
hmmm

i have tried to stay out of this thread as you only need to see my previous threads about this, which this argument has been brought up time and time again. I am pretty tired of explaining the same.

However as Daedalus85 has said. Unlimited is Unlimited subject to excessive usage limit, does not matter where it says everywhere else. When it comes to prepay yes that might be the case a 500MB limit. However if it is even mentioned anywhere that a limit exists, that is just probably mentioned to stop people over abusing the usage that O2 gives. But as I said it is subject to excessive usage and O2 will never cut anyone off without having a word with them first of all. So feel free to use the internet as much as you want, until you get a call from O2 regarding hitting any excessive usage policy.

I think now this thread should be locked now. As I am getting sick of tired of having to repeat the same as Daedalus85 and what anyone else with our view is saying.

Also to add as a final note, if you really think a limit is set at 250MB or 500MB then simply pick a network that you do feel gives you unlimited access without any limit. I will be interested to know if anyone comes across a network in the UK that will do this. But once again as I have mentioned its unlimited subject to excessive usage.

p.s some links for you to look at:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

look at the bottom where it says on that link:

Unlimited
UK data usage only. Excessive usage policy and terms apply. View details

THEN CLICK ON VIEW DETAILS:
O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On terms & conditions
The O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On is available to all new & existing Pay & Go customers with a compatible handset.
Use of the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On is subject to an excessive usage policy as explained in point 3 below.
The O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge, GPRS, 3G and HSDPA networks,

The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network and the BT Openzone UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use and email. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
You may not use your SIM Card in any device to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers. [b]If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

To OPT IN to the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On send a free text message containing the keyword "WWW" to 21300 or call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile
One month minimum term applies. To OPT OUT send a free text message containing the keyword "WWWOFF" to 21300 at least 48 hours before the next payment is due or alternatively call free on 2425 from your O2 mobile.
Benefits of your O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On apply to use in the UK only.
O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt Ons apply to GPRS WAP but not Circuit Switched WAP. You must have a compatible handset and your SIM must be GPRS enabled in order to use the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On.
You must have a compatible handset in order to use Wi-Fi.
If we are unable to deduct the monthly payment for the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On from your calltime balance, you won't receive your Bolt On monthly allowance. We will deduct the Bolt On monthly charge from your calltime balance within 15 minutes from your next top up and will then reinstate your Bolt On. This will be your new anniversary date. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for your free Wi-Fi access to be reinstated.
Please note the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On cannot be used in conjunction with the WAP 500, Browse & Download, O2 Web or O2 Active Browsing Bolt Ons. If you opt into the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On we will automatically opt you out these incompatible Bolt Ons and the change will take effect at your next anniversary date
You must have a minimum of 17 pence on your handset balance in order to make a GPRS connection in the UK.
If you are on a tariff with 1mb of free browsing each month, the 1mb allowance will be used first
General Bolt On Terms & Conditions apply. See http://www.o2.co.uk/terms for details

DOES ANYONE SEE ANY MENTON OF A 500MB USAGE LIMIT???? I DONT THINK SO. SO DESPITE WHAT YOU MIGHT HEAR FROM ANYONE IN CUST SERVICE OR A MANAGER, PLEASE ASK THEM NEXT TIME, TO REFER TO THE ABOVE LINK, AND CONTINUE USING UR INTERNET

I REST ME CASE LOL

@ Nanu maybe O2 needs to update any automatic sms they are sending to you then. As I have never got a sms like that. If I did. I would refer O2 to the terms and conditions which is available to all members of the public. As I have posted above.
[ This Message was edited by: Mr Miyagi on 2009-11-04 20:15 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:06
There you go listen to the man who knows
Phone?? What phone??
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:12
Just in case there is doubt, oh and outside of Esato I'm a member of the general public, these texts do exist.
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:20

On 2009-11-04 21:05:34, Mr Miyagi wrote:
its unlimited subject to excessive usage.

Classic
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:22

On 2009-11-04 21:12:16, Nanu wrote:
Just in case there is doubt, oh and outside of Esato I'm a member of the general public, these texts do exist.

Blimey thats quite impressive.... so you use your data plan daily, But for How Long?
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-04 21:27
@nicv27 as you know Android is continuously syncing during the day plus I tend to use twitter from time to time, a few Google searches and Spotify, I never had anything like this until I took out a new 12 month contract with O2 in September, if this continues I will end up wishing I hadn't renewed!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi