Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Palm Pre Out Today

Previous  12
Author Palm Pre Out Today
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-17 01:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just seen it advertised in local paper. 24 month contract unlimited internet email wi fi,1200 mins and 500 texts.
Phone?? What phone??
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 14:26
I had a play with one the other day - actually three of them, since they were all lined up in the O2 shop. I have to say, in all honesty, and as nice as the OS looked initially, I found all three of them to be really laggy and jerky in use - not a nice experience at all. I know a few people will roll their eyes at this, but compared to the iPhone they were really unresponsive and awkward. It doesn't help that the Pre's screen is quite a bit smaller, so harder to prod and poke at generally - but more than that, the phones I tried were all running slow, scrolling poorly, and stuttering between screens in an irritating way. Considering they have a faster/better processor than my older iPhone 3G (which is silky smooth and quick in comparison), I was pretty shocked to see how sub-par they were.

I'm sure there was some reason/excuse for their poor performance and they're not really that bad in general use, but still - not good enough IMO. For all three handsets to be slowing to a crawl when they're just sat on a display desk doing nothing, there has to be something pretty wrong with Palm's software somewhere. I did wonder if it was the "demo" app which all three had running in the background to show off the features, but if so, how stupid of Palm to set up display phones in such a way that they run dog slow in the shop?

Best bit was when one of them displayed a screen telling me to swipe away some "cards" (ie close some programmes) to free up memory - when I tried, I found there were no cards actually open to swipe anywhere. Memory leak, anyone?
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-11-03 14:19 ]
Daedalus85
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-03 20:19
Had it, loved it, got frustrated with it, lived with it, got a £230 bill from O2 by using my other sim in it for data, told them to politely go fall off a steep mountain onto a bed of razors and pointy nails covered in vinegar and lemon juice, took phone back, cancelled contract, getting a Blackberry again.
My opinions on this forum are that of my own and not of the company I work for.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-11-03 20:42
Go fall off a steep mountain onto a bed of nails & razors covered in vinegar & lemon juice?
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi