Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson Aino (U10i) Unboxing Pictures & Review

Author Sony Ericsson Aino (U10i) Unboxing Pictures & Review
Plemix.com
C902 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-13 07:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just when I am sulking over the fact that Sony Ericsson has not released a proper high-end touchscreen feature phone for quite some time (since X1?), Sony Ericsson launches Aino. Being the long awaited high-end phone, Aino has a lot to live up to. With WiFi connection, 8MP camera, 3-inch touchscreen and Playstaion remote play, Aino seems to have a lot of wow-factors at first glance.

Okay, Aino’s package content is one to look up to. You have got the Aino phone, a battery, a charger, a handsfree set and most importantly the elegant-looking desk stand charger and the matching Bluetooth (which we will look into later).

The front panel of Aino is monopolized by the 3-inch TFT 16-million color capacitive touchscreen. The image quality is excellent. It is good for any media playback. However, one thing about Aino is that its touchscreen is limited to use on merely the media interface. And D-pad will be disabled on those touch-screen enabled media pages. Although the biggest selling point of this handset is the media features, I would still love to see a more purposeful touchscreen.

You need to slide open and get help from the D-pad and alphanumeric keypad when touchscreen function is not available. The fact that it is a slider makes it unnecessarily thicker than a usual touchscreen phone.

The keypad is kind of boring. Don’t get me wrong. The keys are spacious and thumb-friendly but it looks like it’s designed in the 80’s. In general, I think design of Aino is not really its forte.

The right side of the phone accommodates the shutter release and the volume rocker that doubles as zoom lever.

You have got the fast port on the right side. The metallic blue edge is looking good here, I have to admit.

You’ve got a key-lock at the top. (Yes! Even for a slider!)

The camera is an upscale one with 8MP and LED flash. The lens comes without cover which could turn into a scratch nightmare whereas the upcoming Satio has a stylish lens cover.

You have to remove the battery cover for the access of SIM and MicroSD. The package comes with an 8GB extended memory in the form of MicroSD.

Now here’s the best part. The phone comes along with super awesome kits such as the desk top charger and the specifically designed Bluetooth. They look like a handsome gang together that will sure gather some envious glances. And the media menu is Playstation inspired which adds a trendy touch to the phone.

Here’s a closer look at the harmonizing Bluetooth. A love at first sight for me.

With the Fast Port connection, not only can you charge with the desk top charger, you can also leave the phone on the dock and let the Media Home do the job of transferring for you automatically.

Here’s the standard Sony Ericsson menu that is ever-so-smooth to navigate.

You’ve got pre-installed Google Maps and Facebook on the phone

Aino is innovative in a lot of ways. Other than the handsome-looking kit, you can make use of the Wi-Fi connection to control your PS3 or PSP remotely and access the media contents there. You can also record VGA30fps video with it and download movies straight from Playnow Arena. It can surely do everything that a Sony Ericsson feature phone can do and better.
We love Mobile Phones
North America: 1-800-890-7731 or 1-425-749-4268
Australia: 1-800-094833 or +61-390018601
UK: 0-800-680-0686
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-13 07:47
Perhaps the glass covering the lens is scratch-resistant(?)
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 10:00
Man she's a stunner. Really nice pictures there Mr. Plemix.

My next phone I'm thinking.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 13:45
I'm drooling. I'm wondering if they will be selling the desktop charger separately so you can have a secondary one at work.
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 13:47
I'm pretty well decided I'm getting a white one. Still yet to see some nice white Aino pictures.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 14:59
Ohh..
I have to choose Aino or Satio .. Still dunno which one..

have to test both before push...
---------------------
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 15:36
Satio for me. Such a nice phone but that big screen wasted with not being full touch. Also that big screen in standby would be nice if it had shortcuts on screen and other stuff like some other manufacturers do. It seems in standby apart from wallpaper all that screen space is wasted. Still would not say no to it saying all that.
Looks better with slide closed

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-10-13 15:10 ]
spiid
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 16:30
Looks pretty nice except the keypad IMO. the back reminds me of my W995
[ This Message was edited by: spiid on 2009-10-13 15:31 ]
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-10-13 16:44
Gosh...I wish SE had done the same thing with Satio, comes with the "gang"
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 21:51

On 2009-10-13 13:47:31, Muhammad-Oli wrote:
I'm pretty well decided I'm getting a white one. Still yet to see some nice white Aino pictures.

Me too. My operator will only be stocking Satio which they'll have later on in the month and after seeing some Satio picture samples I'm torn even more between the two.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-13 21:59
Satio is my choice with that massive stunning sharp screen and great camera plus everything it can do. I think the Satio is nicer i also hate white phones they look cheap and get grubby quick. How much would this phone retail sim free or pay and go?
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi