Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > WM tricks

Previous  12
Author WM tricks
occupied
T100
PM
Posted: 2010-01-27 07:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
BUG. IE Mobile incorrectly resizes text whose font size has 7 or more digits eg. 1.2345678px which is made bigger, or 12.3456789px which is made smaller. not a big deal until you encunter sites making use of tag clouds. i've posted screenshots to mobango.com file share, just search for a user 'occupied' - all lives in this user's locker .

disclaimer: i'm on about IE Mobile 6.8 on WM5. any discrepancy with reality is entirely readers' fault. if the version looks like a prehistoric one for you then please consider the facts that i couldn't afford for newer versions/devices, and i'm using windows mobile only because somebody kicked me out of iphone camp's milist without evar knowing what i've done wrong - just wanna show the world that i can have so much fun with WM too. what's more, i'm a problem finder, not a troubleshooter.
krlosRD
K790
PM
Posted: 2010-02-04 20:16
@Occupied: are you using a Smartphone or a PocketPC Phone [TouchScreen]?

If you are using a PPC Phone then OperaMini is not for you, Try using Opera Mobile instead.
Nokia N8 Silver 32GB oranchRD
iFon4 Factory Unlocked 16GB claroRD
"El secreto de una vida feliz es precisamente darse constantemente peque�os gustos"
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-05 00:21

On 2010-02-04 20:16:49, krlosRD wrote:
@Occupied: are you using a Smartphone or a PocketPC Phone [TouchScreen]?

If you are using a PPC Phone then OperaMini is not for you, Try using Opera Mobile instead.

Hmm, why Opera Mini not
I use it on mine's X1 and no problems like that.
a w a r e
krlosRD
K790
PM
Posted: 2010-02-17 14:03
@Doministry: if you feel confortable using MINI it's fine!!! But the experience with Opera Mobile on a PPC and touchscreen is more desktop feeling.

ANOTHER TRICK FROM XDA-DEVELOPERS:

After much searching and tinkering I finally found a simple way to disable the annoying balance notification message that arrives after every data connection on the AT&T Pay As You Go service with a data package. This fix involves adding a single registry entry and it suppresses all USSD messages that originate from the carrier, even those that you might request manually.

Here is the registry change:

HLKM/ControlPanel/Phone
New value: SuppressUSSD := DWORD(1)

Add this value and (probably after a soft-reset) you will not be bothered with the $0.00 change notification messages...

Nokia N8 Silver 32GB oranchRD
iFon4 Factory Unlocked 16GB claroRD
"El secreto de una vida feliz es precisamente darse constantemente peque�os gustos"
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-17 19:06
OK!

However Opera Mobile is still a half baked beta....
a w a r e
occupied
T100
PM
Posted: 2010-05-11 07:16
To prevent any program from being downloaded and installed on PocketPC, simply go to HKLM\ControlPanel\AdminPassword and rename the string key "Redirect" to "xRedirect". If all goes as planned, shortly afterwards you'll find a new menu called "Policy" under "System" in Settings. To activate it, enter a password twice, and you're done, and your device is now secured, yes? No, not so fast, Billy kid. Apparently the mouse trap only works for Windows Mobile 2003 and nothing more. Maybe it's kept there as an easter egg?

Still from the subkey ControlPanel, you can personalize Settings to your heart's content. Each key underneath ControlPanel corresponds to menus within Settings, with DWORD entry Group's value tells in which tab that menu resides: 0 in Personal tab, 1 in System tab, and 2 in Connections tab. The change is effective after soft reset.

To hide a menu, if not already done, create a DWORD entry called "Hide" and assign "1" (0x00000001) as the value in the subkey you want not to show off. For instance, for added security measure just in case someone's got physical access to the device, you may want to hide "Lock", just go to HKLM\ControlPanel\AdminPassword and create a DWORD entry called Hide and assign 1 as its value. Change takes effect after soft reset - business as usual!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi