Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Installation problem with Nokia N82

Author Installation problem with Nokia N82
abuhafss
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-09-22 13:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My N82 was working all fine until it was probably infected by some virus, which might have intruded while I tried to download/install some application from an untrusted site. I restored factory settings, which unfortunately removed other useful bundled applications.

Now, the problem is that it simply does not installs any software/application. It downloads the application but, gives an error message "Unable to install". I have already updated the firmware from Nokia site last night but, still not resolved.

Moreover, there are some applications (like Y! Go) which are shown in the "Applications" folders but have no registry in the "Application Manager" due to which they are not working. Similarly, there are some applications shown in the "Application Manager" but absent from the "Applications" folder.

Can anybody help me how to solve this problem.
bliskin
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-23 05:06
Did you do a full reset (*#7370#)? That should wipe the phone completely and let you start from the beginning.
[ This Message was edited by: bliskin on 2009-09-23 04:08 ]
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-23 09:33
Also, wipe out the memory card of all installation crap and try again. Just save all your data files and format the memory card. You can copy your data later.
T230 >> T610 >> Ngage QD >> N73 >> N85 >> Omnia HD >> And countless other review units
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi