Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Esato Awards MMIX! Winners inside!!!

Previous  123 ... 111213  Next
Author Esato Awards MMIX! Winners inside!!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 00:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hihi oh no don't say that
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 00:24
From research. It seems goldenface would have feathers and a liking to insects and spiders. No wonder he wont show us a pic

The Goldenface (Pachycare flavogriseum) is a species of passerine bird. It is the only species (monotypic) within the genus Pachycare. The placement of the genus within the passerines is uncertain. It has been suggested that it belongs with the whistlers, in the Pachycephalidae family, based on its bright yellow plumage and voice, and the species is sometimes known as the Dwarf Whistler. Others have suggested placing it with the Australasian robins in the family Petroicidae, but the nest architecture is unlike that of the family; in fact its nests more closely resemble those of the thornbills in the family Acanthizidae, another family to which it has sometimes been aligned. There are four subspecies.

The species is endemic to the island of New Guinea, were it occurs in both Papua and Papua New Guinea. The preferred habitat of the Goldenface is hill and montane forest, between 400 and 1800 m; it is usually commoner in dense forest between 1800 and 1600 m.

The Goldenface is a small whistler, around 13 cm in length and weighing 14–19 g. The plumage of the species is striking; the nominate subspecies has a slate grey back, tail, wing, cap and back of the neck and bright yellow face, throat, breast and belly. From the crown to the shoulder the face is bordered with a black line, and the terital feathers of the wing are tipped with black and white. The eye and bill is black and the legs are pink. There is a small amount of sexual dimorphism, with the female resembling the male closely except in having a dusky patch on the face. Immature birds of either sexes resemble the female. The three other subspecies resemble the nominate subspecies with minor differences. The subspecies P. f. subaurantium has darker upperparts and a slight orange tint. P. f. randi has much oranger underparts and face, and P. f. subpallidiumm has much paler upperparts and the most yellow undersides. The identification of Goldenface study skins held in museum collections is complicated by the tendency of the plumage colours used to identify the subspecies fading after death.

Insects and spiders form the majority of the diet of this species. These prey items are gleaned from the outer foliage of trees, usually in the mid-story, sometimes entering the top stories of the forest. Goldenfaces will sometimes join mixed-species feeding flocks when foraging.

Little is known about the breeding biology of the Goldenface. It may be slightly seasonal; birds in breeding condition have been found in August and October, and eggs and nestlings have been found in from June to November. The nest, which is built by both parents, is globular in shape and has a downward pointing side entrance.

I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 00:26
Anyway guys i am off to bed. I am still away in Ireland seeing relations and the weather has been poor so i been on here a bit. Tomorrow around Dublin is sunny weather. And Rookwise that was absolutely an interesting read there where did you read all that? Speak to you all soon

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2009-10-14 23:29 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 00:28
Just imagine next years newbie when he's told to read back and finds this. lets hope I'm still around.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 01:10
Goldenface can't reveal himself because he is The Stig! Are you really illegal in 17 US states?
Thanks for the party guys it's been wild!
[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2009-10-15 00:12 ]
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 06:53
I did won an award this time thanks for all those who voted me and congrats to all winners.
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 10:13
@Rookwise

So, I'm a small, fat bird from Liverpool, with black eyes, an orange face, a large beak who whistles and snacks on insects and spiders?

Not me but sounds like someone I know.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 12:32
Whats your Avatar all about looks wierd?
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 14:04
Its the original Sony Ericsson Entertainment Unlimited Logo.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 14:18
Oh i see i think i recognise it now
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 16:27
I'm still here
Asked a friend to undo the Curse
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 18:21
Oh wow is that someone you know?
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 20:31
It's my wife. But she doesn't appear in pictures. So I found an impersonator on the net.
This thread will be closed soon, therefore Bye bye and meet you in some other subject.
looking forward to next year and maybe at Playtime ?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 21:12
Oh no closed thats sad. Oh well yes see you in another life er no sorry thread
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-10-15 21:27