Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > C905 Debrand - Podcast YouTube Problem

Author C905 Debrand - Podcast YouTube Problem
ply17410
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-09-01 15:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a C905a in USA.

I'm finding right after debranding that selecting an RSS feed with a podcast, will d/l and play the podcast as it should.

However, once I apply the customize_upgrade.xml file to get YouTube player working (fireall traversal setting), that podcasts won't d/l and play anymore.

This has happened with generic firmware from Davinci for MENA, LAM, UK and AR (America).

Now here is why I suspect the YouTube fix .... After applying the firewall traversal xml file, YouTube only worked over the air. Wifi connection continued to play black video. So ... I configured the IP address of my phone to be in my routers DMZ (tip found on another thread). BAMM! YouTube worked via Wifi and Podcasts will d/l via Wifi (still won't d/l via OTA however). I understand this has something to do with the router not supporting RTSP streaming protocol corrrectly.

Can anyone else confirm PodCast behavior? Easy url for podcasts is: www.kenradio.com/rss.php go to it via the phone's built in web browser. Confirm that it downloads and actually plays.

Bob H
ply17410
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-09-02 18:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got it figured out.

Changed MediaNet internet settings (USA AT&T) to NOT use proxy and now Podcasts will d/l.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi