Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > HBH-ds200 vs HBH-ds205 vs HBH-ds220

Author HBH-ds200 vs HBH-ds205 vs HBH-ds220
dupfold
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-03 23:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hello

I've recently decided to get myself a pair of BT headphones and already spent WAAAAY to much time online researching which to get.

My Requirements.
1. As minimal wires as possible. May consider necklace types.
2. In-ear, buds, earphones.
3. I will mainly be using them for music, so has to have good sound! Excellent bass is a must.
4. Decent battery life.
5. Not a requirement, but must be noted that I'm not fussed about displays, functions etc.
6. Ideally an all in one unit, i.e., ear piece on one side and one wire running from that to the other.
7. Able to pair to more than one device.

I was quite surprised that the market hasn't really come on at all it would seem between now and when I first tried to buy a stereo BT unit a few years back. The reason I didn't buy then was due to the poor quality offered when used to play music, it’s the same old story, no bass! Anyways, my initial shortlist came down to two which were Plantronics Voyager 855 and the Jabra BT 8010 which seem to both meet my requirements. The Jabra won over as I read many reviews stating the Voyager lacked bass, where as the Jabra had good bass reviews.

I received the Jabra's today and.....well....very disappointed. First and foremost, they do not stay in my (small) ears, which of course is a major problem. Secondly, I read such great reviews about the excellent sound these have and while the sound is OK, there is NO bass! Needless to say they are going back.

So now I've decided to go for a set that allows me to use my own headphones. The only reason why I didn't go for this option in the first place was because it involves more wires (necklace designs) or at the very least, a clip on unit. I wear t-shirts mainly so a clip on hanging from my neck might not be too comfortable.

Anyways, while the following doesn't meet all my requirements (point 7 being the main one), my new short list consists of HBH-DS200 vs HBH-DS205 vs HBH-DS220, but what are the differences? I searched this forum for answers and while there have been threads comparing, there has been no real definitive answers, apart from maybe the battery life is slightly better on the 205 than 220.

I love to hear your thoughts, experiences with the above, and any other recommendations you might have.

Thanks
[ This Message was edited by: dupfold on 2009-08-04 00:26 ]
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-08-04 07:59
hi there...
i have the HBH-200 and 220 .
sound same as with a wired headphones
battery life 3h (both)
no music controls only play/pause and volume up/down that works very bad.
small display
you can hang it on a t-shirt but it is not really comfortable. normal shirt is much easier.
only 24grams so you forget it quickly.
with all it's -ss i stil like it ,it works well and it sounds good.

there is one way not to have wires with it,buy this Bose headphones,they have short wire and the micro.(on the bluetooth) is just in the right hight to talk

but also with the in ear headphones it is very comfortable, i Use the Sony MDR-EX71SL,they have better sound then the HPM-70/77 and the cable is longer,about 40 cm so it is easier to find a place to hang the bluetooth

but even with the HPM-77 that have a very short wire (15cm with the plug) i found a good way to hang it,and you forget you wear it after 1min

The HBH-205 i do not have so i can not say anything about it,i just hope their battery has longer life
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2009-08-04 08:30 ]
dupfold
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-04 14:28
Hey! Thanks PT020, that was very helpful (especially the pic with the product with shirt). After further research I also find this (for anyone else wondering about the differences).

200 - Clip on style bluetooth headset with a very small LCD screen and a 3.5 mm jack so you can change ur headset, this comes bundled with an earphone regular style (original silver version).

220 - Same as above expect the bundles earphones are not the regular but the in-Ear style ones and it is a different the unit is a different colour (black).

205 - Latest in range, BT headset along the simillar lines as above, but with a bigger screen and apparently better button placement. This one comes with regular style earphones as well.

I've decided to go for the 205 and have now order (can't wait!).
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-08-04 15:42
If i looked for a new one i would go also for the 205,have headphones anough and bigger display and maybe better battery could help.
(you can check it up for us...if it has i might buy one too)
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2009-08-04 16:11 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi