Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > help needed on w880i

Author help needed on w880i
martinb6100
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 16:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

New to the forum and hoping someone can help.

I've bought a used handset off ebay and had it unlocked from t-mobile. I noticed a problem with the backlight which was taking approx 15 seconds to come on from rest. This may have been an existing issue but I didn't notice. Had a search in the menu and there seemed to be no way of changing the backlight settings

I then updated the software on the phone from the sony ericsson site thinking that may sort out the problem but all it seems to have done is to block the phone again. Spoke to the fella who unblocked it who explained that it would need unblocking again. ARRRGGGHHH

When I mentioned the backlight, he hinted that there may be a secret manufacturers menu in the phone where adjustments like this could be done. Do any of you know where this is located and be able to advise how to adjust the backlight timings? or have I simply bought a faulty handset????

PLEASE HELP. it's doing my head it.

Many thanks

Martin
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-08-01 17:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Topic closed until the thread starter can think of a better and descriptive title. Please read the posting instructions before starting a new thread.

Send me a PM when done
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic