Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Neocore's passthru server service for Hotmail & Yahoo emails

Author Neocore's passthru server service for Hotmail & Yahoo emails
neilgoth
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-25 18:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@neocore,hi there! Hope you could get your server up and running again.you've been of great help to a lot of members here. Hope you could edit your post at the pop3 settings thread when your server is back online :-D cheers!

This message was posted from a T68i

titus
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-26 12:52
ste could you send the direct link for that 7210 java email app please to carl.hamilton@yourwap.com ta so I can download it to my phone cheers
clark27
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 03:55
@NeoCORE
just post it asap pls tnx!!!!
neil-t68i
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 11:38
Apologies for the blank message above.

I am having some major problems with e-mail access from my T68i.

I have tried Boltblue, Lycos, Hotmail, T-email and yet none of them work. I have tried accessing via neoCore's server still it wont work. I have tried using different WAP dial-ups, including Boltblue, T-mobile and Ericsson. I have also tried T-mobile GPRS.

Whenever I try to connect I get a time-out of either Finding Server or cannot connect to server.

Can anybody suggest why this is? Is it to do with the settings I am entering into my phone? Is it something T-mobile can sort out for me?

I am pulling my hair out over this.

Can anyone recommend the best e-mail provider to use from my phone?

Neil-t68i

[ This Message was edited by: neil-t68i on 2003-02-27 10:43 ]
neilgoth
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 12:17
@neil,so far i've been using softhome.net for my e-mail service. Try registering online and then set-up your phone using the settings at the pop3 thread. If it still does'nt work probably there is a problem with your network provider.

neil-t68i
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 13:43
Neilgoth

You are a star.!

Apart from all the crap info you have to give at signup Softhome.net is excellent. I got it working forst time.!

Cheers.
Neil-t68i
neilgoth
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 13:59
@neil,glad to be of help mate! Softhome's got a good service,specially their feature that blocks spam so that means you won't be receiving junk mail and stuff :-) see you in the threads mate! :-D

bhang
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-01 17:57
is the server back up?

i'm in the US on t-mob d keep getting the
"server not found"

anybody gotten this up in the states yet?

Has anybody set up a US mirror?

this is great I have been pulling out my hair trying to get my email set up on my t300 for almost 2 weeks, Im not gonna pay yahoo for POP3, it was free before and still is outside of the US and that is bullshit...

bhang

Matthew.M
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-01 19:17
He still hasn't got back to me

Anyone else know how to set this up?
petrutms
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-01 20:25
neil-t68i, try softhome(is the best) and connect using GPRS Internet data account NOT wap account !
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-01 22:03
Hey all,

Sorry for all the down time, just tested the server and it should be back up and running now...

As for setting up mirrors, I have decided to go back on what I said previously, and hope that if I provide this information, that people wont just make a server for themselves but the whole community...

What you need:
1) Izymail (get it at www.fileforums.com)
2) Static IP / (It may work with noip.com or something like that... unsure though, it appears t68's etc. arent that good at finding ip's)
3) Always... well almost always on computer.
4) Normally there would be a need for a high speed internet line... but for this is optional... maybe a little prefered though.

Thats about it, download izymail, install the 5 connection version (reinstall it after 30days which I what I have just learned ) and then publise your IP here.

Hope this leads to a good few public servers.

Cheers for your time again

NeoCORE
bhang
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-02 18:23
I should have access to a static ip soon and will set up a server, but I would like to make it a little more secure, ie: I would like to see some type of system that would allow the "sysop" to control who gets access to the server, despite asking people politely Im sure there will be the jerk-offs that will hammer the server to death. This would also allow the sysop to controll growth/bandwidth.

is it possible with the softyware you are running now?

bhang

ps, I still have had no luck getting thru to neocore's server from the states? anybody else gotten it working

pps> I have tried a few more times since the server went back up and I still can't get thru...

[ This Message was edited by: bhang on 2003-03-02 18:08 ]
holybear
Z800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-03 01:21
It works great, smooth and just like checking other POP email. I am thinking to set up a mirror in the Australian region where I am living. Is there anyone would like to have this mirror up?

Bear
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-03 16:43
Hey,

The system I use unfortunately does not allow user restriction, or bandwaidth restriction. But lets face it, at best a mobile can download at 28.8... thats roughly 1/30th of my network speed.

And also, who is really going to hammer the server, for most, net access costs money... and also, most phones allow a min of 5minutes between check times, although I would prefer people to set their check time to 30.

If you are having trouble connecting, I can confirm that the server is fully up and running again. Throughout this topic I have went over several ways of getting round connection problems. Try having a wee look back and see if any of them work.

Cheers again,
NeoCORE
jof63
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-03 17:01
Hi neo! Just want 2 let u know how happy l am with your server. In behalf of all the people who's usėng it, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi