Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Neocore's passthru server service for Hotmail & Yahoo emails

Author Neocore's passthru server service for Hotmail & Yahoo emails
clark27
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-01-24 05:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@neo this morning it says cannot connet to server??? last night it says wrong mailbox or password!!! what do ya think??? but when i tried to surf using wap.yahoo.com address it's working... TIA
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-24 13:58
Quote:

On 2003-01-23 20:18, slattery69 wrote:
cheers neocore will try that
I am on orange uk anyone out there on orange who have got it working let me know

It appears that anyone on Orange UK has trouble connecting to my server, please read up a few posts if this is the case, as I explain how to use another WAP server to access my Server.
I know it works ok on 02.
Changing WAP servers will usually fix any server not found errors. The server has had a 100% uptime since I posted this topic, so there should be no problems.
As for username and pass errors, it appears a fix is sometimes to drop the @hotmail.com. I have been told this works by ViBeZ.

I am gonna look into more server software over the weekend to see if I can find an e-mail server that will check any1's normal POP mail along with hotmail at the same time and provide them back into one inbox (in my case I want to download neo_core@hotmail.com and paul@neocore.co.uk without having to change profiles.)

I am still looking for people who would be interested in providing mirrors for the service (I would create a list of mirrors for this on neocore.co.uk and of course give credit to thoose who are providing it.) The only thing is you must have a static IP (there are services which would allow you to use a dynamic IP... but I am unsure if they would work with the phones.)

Hope this helps... again, any problems, post them and I will try to reply to them.

Also, can any1 tell me is it possible to view this forum via WAP. and if so, how? cheers again

NeoCORE

acowx
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-24 16:57
Tried it from the US using AT&T Wireless GPRS, worked a treat.

Good work fella !!!

I did have to drop the @hotmail.com from my address tho'
MetalliManiac
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-24 18:00
Mate, it aint working with me either !:-( Though I nearly have no problems browsing wap ... I also get server not found constantly and I've tried every work-around possible ... Even with my POP3 account I get the same result :-( ... BTW am from middle east and yes you can check this forum from wap! As simple as typing : wap.esato.com !! And then browse your way to the forum manno !!;-)

This message was posted from a T68i

ste_dexter
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-24 18:19
It works with my 7210 aswell!!!!
got a java app that reads e mail. Mint.
Thanks Dude
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-24 18:33
I found out about the forums about 5 minutes after I posted on that... I was looking at the wap forums thinking they only show the general forum here on the site... but it appears they show the posts from all the main forums in chronological order (according to last post) which is why this post was 2nd in the WAP/GPRS etc. forum and about 20th overall...

@MetalliManiac If it isn't working for any POP server that you try, try contacting your Service Provider... or if you haven't already tried a different wap provider, try one. I know with ISP's that sometimes they disable access to certain ports (prevents abuse, and over use etc.) see if they give you access to ports 110 and 25 (if you can browse the net they are giving you access to port 80)

If that doesn't work, get back to me... maybe I can arrange something for people having trouble like yours and maybe open another access port to the server on port 80.

Also, try Ericsson's / nowmms wap servers... although they may give you a different access number to get to the server in your country, chances are they are all directed to the same server which appears to be little enough hops away from mine so that a timeout, or server cannot be found doesn't occur.

Hope this helps,
NeoCORE
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-25 16:33
@neoCORE: it works....thanx a bomb!!
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-25 20:10
Hi all,
Just got an e-mail from Baris sedef... he asked

"Do you know how i do the e mail setup of nokia 7650.if you know please send me.thanks neo!"

Any1 out there be able to tell him?

Please post it here

Cheers again
NeoCRE
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-26 17:18
Hey again,

Just wanted to say that the server has really taken off... There isn't 5 mins that go back that there isnt at least 2 logins made.

Please though, make sure that your check interval is 30mins or above. Please don't hammer the server.

Cheers again
NeoCORE
Phoebus
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2003-01-26 19:03
Hey NeoCORE,

Do you think you could give us step by step instructions on how to set up a similar server on our own computer?

Thanks.
MetalliManiac
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-26 19:22
Hi neo ... Just read your post and I'll try contacting my GSM carrier to ask about access to ports ... No I never tried another wap settings .. Didnt think it would work ... Thanks alot anyways and I'll try solving my problem just as soon as I'm done with me exams :-( ... I'll get back to you then and tell ya what comes out !! Adios 4 naw and MetallicA Rules !! ... Metal

This message was posted from a T68i

NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-26 19:31
Hi Phoebus,

Sure I could tell you, the only main thing you need is a static IP, and a willingness to keep you PC always turned on.

Not very many people have this, which is why I don't give out information on how to set it up without some sort of agreement from the person who is getting the info, that they will provide the service for other people. That way everyone gets a good service...

So, if you want to set up a mirror, please send me an e-mail, and I'll send you the info right away.

-----------------------------------------------------

Just to add on, I have had more reports that people with orange network phones have trouble accessing the server (along with other free servers) please do the following if you are having this trouble.

Goto the sony ericsson website, and choose phone configurations (along the top) fill it out question by question, and make sure for the last question (what wap provider do you want to use) you pick ericsson wap.
From then on, use the ericsson wap profile provided to check your e-mail.

Hope this helps people having trouble connecting

Cheers again,
NeoCORE
ste_dexter
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-26 21:33
Quote:

On 2003-01-25 20:10, NeoCORE wrote:
Hi all,
Just got an e-mail from Baris sedef... he asked

"Do you know how i do the e mail setup of nokia 7650.if you know please send me.thanks neo!"

Any1 out there be able to tell him?

Please post it here

Cheers again
NeoCRE

If the phone dont have e mail built in use this java app
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nokia6610_7210_java/files/
Apps/ReqwirelessEmailViewer-1.2.1.zip

This worked on my 7210

Thanks for the service Neo. Much Appriciated.

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2003-01-30 17:26 ]
NeoCORE
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-27 12:52
cheers ste_dexter
... sent an e-mail to him with that info

NeoCORE
slapmudman
T68 gold
PM