Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Unboxing Pictures & Review

Author Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Unboxing Pictures & Review
Plemix.com
C902 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-11 06:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung i8910 Omnia HD is revolutionary. It will go down in history as the first mobile phone to have HD recording technology, putting even some of the camcorders to shame. It is not just a one trick pony though, the specs sheet is ecstatically featureful: 8MP camera, 3.7” AMOLED screen, an extremely compatible media player, WiFi and HSDPA connection, Symbian S60 5th Edition… The list goes on. Don’t feel guilty if you feel the urge to press the Add Cart button now!

You find in the package the phone, a battery, a charger, a stereo handsfree, a data cable and a user’s guide.

i8910 Omnia HD comes with an omnipresent 3.7” AMOLED screen. It is sensible for Samsung to have as enormous a screen as possible because you want every detail of the HD clips to be seen clearly. Convenience is the buzzword for telecommunication nowadays. The long customizable list of widgets at the homescreen of i8910, inherited from earlier models like Pixon and UltraTOUCH, can best exemplify that.

An in-built memory of 8GB and an expandable memory up to 32GB with MicroSD. It guarantees enough space for your HD videos.

On the right side lie the hold key, camera shutter and the USB port.

At the bottom are the mouth piece, half of the speakerphone construction and the 3.5mm audio jack

The plastic battery cover is a fingerprint collector, but the fact that the camera lens is left uncovered is even worse. I wish Samsung had been more considerate. The camera is worthy of attention: 8 magepixel with LED that can be used in Video Recording, auto-focus, face/smile/blink detection and of cause the HD 24fps video recording. I have to agree with the Samsung ads that the video quality is superior.

Like other Symbian S60 V5.0 handsets (5800 XpressMusic, Nokia N97), the interface is very user friendly. You can choose between list or grid view of menu.

GPS and MySpace are on board.

Auto-rotation is made possible by accelerator for better playback of videos and pictures. It is best for motion-enabled 3D games.

Samsung i9810 Omnia HD has surely got my vote. The deep black color is a good match for the sophisticated phone. Ground breaking HD recording still has me gaping. The monstrous media player supporting an array of formats including Xvid, DivX would not disappoint you. Symbian S60 V5.0 offers simple and smooth operation. Don’t you wanna add it to your cart?
We love Mobile Phones
North America: 1-800-890-7731 or 1-425-749-4268
Australia: 1-800-094833 or +61-390018601
UK: 0-800-680-0686
Luci'sPower
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-11 07:47
the greatest phone on the market right now
nice review and congrats on your new phone
For those who believe no explanation is necessary, For those who don't none will suffice
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-06-12 16:15
this team is spectacular, you have this team could be confirmed that it has 3G bands

that samsung's website says it is 900/1900/2100

but samsung uk website says it has 850/1900/2100

thanks

http://i8910hd.samsungmobile.com/spec

[addsig]
MarkMark
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-06-12 22:41
Any of the Omnia HDs coming out right now will be HSDPA 900/1900/2100, so it won't be working on North American 3Gs. T-mobile doesn't use any of those and At&t needs 850 AND 1900 to work on 3G. I believe one is for sending and the other is for receiving.

That doesn't matter much to me though. Just as long as I have WiFi, I don't really care about 3G.

I'm thinking of getting here:

http://www.timtechs.com/samsu[....]_omnia_hd_unlocked_prd761.html

I'll probably have to wait for a price drop though!
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2009-06-12 22:55
yes, but asked why the samsung uk banda American has said that although they could be just a text error

http://uk.samsungmobile.com/m[....]/samsung-i8910hd-specification [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi