Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Visual communication like never before with the Sony Ericsson Satio

Previous  123 ... 127128129  Next
Author Visual communication like never before with the Sony Ericsson Satio
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-03-23 12:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Faulty phone perhaps ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
DrewVL
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-03-23 13:56

On 2010-02-05 10:34:37, cableguy wrote:
The red looks nice alright, wish I could have gotten one

I have the Silver as well and i really like it Red is more fusa pink kinda look so it's not for a guy like me
gola
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-03-23 14:09

On 2010-03-23 12:23:15, etaab wrote:
Faulty phone perhaps ?

I hope so, I'd do anything to get a new one, but it's been months now. It think it started after my firmware upgrade...
"Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do!"
Proverbs 4: 7
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-23 14:41

On 2010-03-23 13:56:45, DrewVL wrote:

On 2010-02-05 10:34:37, cableguy wrote:
The red looks nice alright, wish I could have gotten one

I have the Silver as well and i really like it Red is more fusa pink kinda look so it's not for a guy like me

Fusa Pink !!!!!!! Its too dark a red to be pink matey. More a blood red colour.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-03-25 14:05
Anyone else that have problems with the alarm? To me it seems that it sometimes doesnīt go off.
Wheater it depends on that i have choosen the option "do not repeat alarm" or not...is irrelevant.

I had this problem before the firmware update and it doesnīt happen that often but itīs very disturbing!
Later today i will try to do a hard reset, re-install the firmware with the wipe everthing opt. and after that do yet another hard reset.

Any tips would be appreaciated!
STAR TREK RULES!
HEY; BRING ON THE ROMULAN ALE!
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-25 15:19
Yep, mines started doing that again. Before the first firmware upgrade, after I'd had the phone for about a month, I could only rely on the alarm happening 1 out of 2 times, but as soon as I'd unlock the phone it'd go off.

It's been fine until the last couple of weeks though, this morning only on of my two 'wake up' alarms went off, which doesn't make me particularly confident about it. There was no sign that it hadn't gone off either.

It just feels like the Satio degrades over time, the alarms, internet connection and gps seem to get gradually worse, then you do a hard reset and everything works perfectly, but a couple of months later it starts to go again...
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-03-25 22:24
So itīs yours (and any one elses?) opinion that it doesnīt matter if i re-install the firmware also in addition to do a hard reset?
This should be brought to SE:s attention! I guess theres no use in turning my phone in for a repair?
STAR TREK RULES!
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 11:17
Well, the hard reset will definitely fix the problems, but for how long is another question. To be honest though, you're the only other person that I've seen mention the alarm problem.

It could well be that the new firmware (Orange UK still haven't released the latest one, I'm considering debranding) fixes whatever's causing it, or it could be that both our phones need repairing.

My best guess is (or was, what network are you on?) that the alarms were something orange branding related, the internet problems I'm having are related to their network (the number of missed calls I get with good signal are getting rediculous) related and the gps is a hardware limitation (again, with no investigation myself, I'm assuming that if you don't use the gps for a long period, it struggles to relocate the sattelites, regardless of the amount of time scanning).

None of which are going to be repaired by sending the phone in. I'm getting a bit annoyed with what should be an amazing phone, especially with the awful call quality. I'm not ready to move away from the Satio, because I really love it, but it does like to annoy me...
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 16:46
I live in Sweden and have no branding on my phone and iīm pretty sure i had this problem before the latest firmware...sp there you go If anybode else have this bug please let us now!

I spoke to SE customers service today and the only thing they came up with was to do a hard reset and when you restore your stuff DON`T restore "settings" because it MIGHT have some old crap that messes things up...i do not think this is the case but iīm going to try this later today.
I urged the call center guy to pass this bug info on.
STAR TREK RULES!
basithz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 17:16
i have no alarm bug problem i thinks its just your phone as i have used the alarm since day 1 and it has always gone off when it has to @ 7:20 due to school
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 17:23
Same here. Dont have any problems with the alarm function on my red or my black Satio's. Only thing i get is the occasional reboot.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 19:26
Well there are at least two of us that do have this issue
STAR TREK RULES!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-03-26 23:02
S60's alarm clock has always been buggy ever since version 3. On two previous S60 phones dating back to 2006 mine have decided to alarm as soon as you set the alarm. Ive no idea why. Symbian havent fixed the issue with the Satio 4 years later.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
fullforce
Satio Red
PM
Posted: 2010-03-27 01:53
Oh...crapitos. But iīm so sure that my complaint today to SE customer service will surely fix this!!
After all i live in the country of "half" sony ericsson..i should have a say, donīt ya think?
[ This Message was edited by: fullforce on 2010-03-27 00:54 ]
STAR TREK RULES!
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-03-30 10:26
Huh, well my alarms have been fine for the last few days, but I can no longer edit photos, when trying to add an effect it just crashes out back to the media viewer.

Think it might be time for a complete wipe! So annoyed that Orange UK still haven't released the new firmware, think I'm definitely debranding over the bank holiday!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 127128129  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic