Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Having a lot of trouble debranding a W900

Author Having a lot of trouble debranding a W900
shanespencer
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-13 20:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

Just bought a W900 on Ebay to take on holiday with me as my iPhone can't be unlocked, and I'm having problems trying to debrand it. I thought I'd ask the many experts on here.

The phone is locked to and branded by Vodafone, and I'm trying to put Singapore firmware on it, as I need Chinese input. Ive tried Wotanserver (wasted 4 credits there so far), Davinciteam and Total GSM.

Wotanserver will get as far as the "Starting fs" message, and then nothing happens. The phone will restart, but then I get the "configuration error" message. I've emailed Wotanserver but so far heard nothing.

The Davinci client will recognise the phone, but then tells me there is no software for the phone. According to Davinci support, the client is failing to read the GDFS properly. They are looking at the logs, but they don't seem too hopeful of an answer.

Total GSM was a waste of time. The guy just sells other people's clients (Kulankendi's, and Davinci's).

I can upgrade/flash the phone using SEUS, but of course, that just puts the Vodafone software on top.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this? If I took it to the market where they unlock phones for a living, would they be able to fix something like this? Or have I bought a phone with internal problems?

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer.
[ This Message was edited by: shanespencer on 2009-05-13 19:30 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi