Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > What is the best bluetooth headset? Any recommondations?

Author What is the best bluetooth headset? Any recommondations?
marcus
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 16:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
SE headsets look good but the sound quality arent that great. Bluespoon has nice sound quality and great standby time but poor quality aesthetically.( College science fair material ) BT-200 JABRA- Is like mixing the goodlooks of the SE and the great sound quality and clarity of the BLUESPOON. Other headsets are out of the question. They are are all ugly and have poor sound quality.

This message was posted from a T68i

Rhumbabum
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 17:06
I have the Jabra Freespeak. I think its just great. It works well with voice dialing and it allows you to use voice to answer calls or send them to voicemail. It doesn't allow the use of magic word, but who cares. all you have to do to activate voice is press the button on the headset, it beeps twice and then you say your command, be it to change profiles, or call someone. I found that it works OK, not great, when there is something with any bulk between you and the phone. For the money, it's the best deal around. Thanks for your time!
chrisley
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 17:14
OK, so we know that the magic word does not work with BT headsets such as the BT200. But: Is there any way to get the "answer" voice
command to work, so one does not have to press a button to answer? It
seems like it should be possible, since the phone already initiates
the BT link to the headset. Has anyone got it to work? It doesn't seem to work with my T39m.

Also: voice commands can supposedly initiate recording and playback of
voice memos. It seems they do, but then recording is from the phone
mic, not the headset mic, and playback is to the phone earpiece, not
the headset earpiece?! Has anyone got this to work correctly?

Thanks,

Ron
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-31 17:25
I have an HBH-30... I'm very happy with it. Voice "answer" & "reject" works fine on all Ericsson BT headsets (I can't vouch for the others)

I like Bluespoon, but I find it way too expensive for a headset.

I even find the Ericsson headsets too expensive.

Bluetooth is supposed to be a CHEAP wireless solution.
Rhumbabum
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 21:10
The "answer" voice command works with my T68i (R3 software i think) and my BT200. you have to go in to settings, voice control, voice answer, and then environments and select bluetooth with the * key then it will work. Hope this helps someone.
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 00:21
I got the Bt200 the other day and I love it. It's a great product and it works great, especially for the money, it came to 81.00 with shipping. Can't go wrong with the Jabra BT200. Worth every penny.
ponyjuana
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 03:17
MRSavoy,

Where did you buy the Jabra for $81?
dekkerd
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 14:26
Jabra BT200. No problem with glasses, good sound. $78 shipped didn't hurt either...
antlive
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 18:14
Am I the only one who is interested in the Bluetrek? It still amazes me that no one that has posted so far has even considered the headset. Here is a review from Mobile Burn that I read that I thought was pretty good.

http://mobile.burn.com/review.jsp?Id=112
chrisley
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 20:15
Rhumbabum, thanks for your reply.

Under Settings/Voice Control/Voice Settings/Voice Answer, I can tick either or both "Car handsfree" or "Port handsfree". I have both ticked, but Voice Answer still does not work.

Another feature apparently not supported by the BT200 is Caller Name: When I receive a call from someone for whom a caller name is recorded, I still only get a ring, even though I have Caller Name switched on. Has anyone got this to work with the BT200?

Perhaps if I upgrade my software these problems will disappear?

Thanks,

Ron
chrisley
T630
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 20:50
Oops, just found out that I have R4A008, which is the latest s/w version for the T39m, so upgrading is not an option...
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-02-01 21:44
I got my BT200 from Bluetoothdirect.com Super fast shipping and package was sealed from the factory.
ubiquity
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-02 13:50
hi there,
anybody using hbh-20?

any good/bad news about it?

there is a 119€ offer is it a good deal?

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-02 15:49
I had the HBH-20,..its quite okay. I found that I didnt use it that much, basically because I got tired of the wires and stuff,..it wasnt easy enough to "just" wear.
I found that when speaking into it, I lifted the Microphone up to my mouth,..people had a pretty hard time hearing me.

Sound-quality,..hmmm,..dont turn your back to the phone too much, then the sound cracks up, and do not walk too far away from phone neither.

HBH-30 I believe do have better sound-quality,..and I guess HBH-60 even better.
HBH-15 is actually an ok headset,..would go for that, if the choice was between that and HBH-20. HBH-15 is easy to wear, and sound is good.

Batteritimes are middle-range I guess on HBH-20, design is pretty discrete and nice

IF I should, I would rather go for HBH-30 or 60,..if its got to be a SE-headset. It would be the HBH-60 if I were to choose a SE, as it doesnt have the battery mounted behind the ear,...can't really wear it properly, at least not when I'm wearing either normal glasses or sunglasses.
HBH-60 is also smaller, which I like

I think You will get tired of the wires, if You dont mind me saying so, I know that I did.
But of course, its quite discrete to wear.

Regards

Jan

Nextlink Marketing Manager and Bluespoon Hardware Designer.
sin187
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-02-03 08:18
Can anyone tell me if the Bluespoon has auto answering capabilties, because mine doesn't seem to work!!! I've also noticed that when people call me their names don't come through my earpiece unlike my HBH 30????
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi