Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > What is the best bluetooth headset? Any recommondations?

Author What is the best bluetooth headset? Any recommondations?
mr beeb
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-19 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have been using the HBH 30 bluetooth headset and find okay for sound quality and battery life. However, there are many other bluetootch headsets on the market now and wondered if I could do better? Particulary when it comes to sound quality. Any recommendations??
Chad03
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-19 18:03
I am waiting to see how the HBH-60 is. Unfortunately, I might be waiting awhile.

[ This Message was edited by: Chad03 on 2003-01-19 17:03 ]
markboyce
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-19 18:09
The JABRA BT200 i find is better than the SE HBH 30. Better sound quality.

This message was posted from a T68i

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-19 18:36
Had an HBH-10...currently use an HBH-15. No real difference. I think SE uses the same chipset for all BT models...the HBH-60 shouldn't be an 'upgrade' to the HBH-30 or the HBH-30 an upgrade to the HBH-10.

Just get the one that looks good to you, within your budget, and is comfortable.

If you have no budget constraints... go for Bluespoon.
mr beeb
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-19 19:16
Why bluespoon if no budget constraints? I notice its a little more expensive but is the sound quality much better?

mattio
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-20 22:41
you guys wait the se hbh 60 is sh*t hot increased range up to 20 meters ( as tested by myself ) and much more comfortable wait for it
jonten
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-21 21:14
Bluespoon:
The sound quality of the loudspeaker in Bluespoon is really good and the battery life is excellent. The major drawback is that the sound quality from the microphone is extremely low and not very detailed.

Most people I talk to complains about the extremely low and bad sound. I thought something was wrong with my unit, but after trying other Bluespoons I know that this is not the case. I talk in my cell phone several hours a day so I could not live with the bad sound of the Bluespoon. Therefore I returned it and got a Jabra BT300 instead.

Jabra BT300:
The sound quality of the loudspeaker is about the same as the Bluespoon, but the battery performance is much worse than the Bluespoon. The biggest difference in performance between the Bluespoon and the Jabra is the microphone sound quality. Nobody at the other end complains when I’m using the Jabra. The Jabra BT300 isn’t as loud as my wired Jabra headset (which of course sounds much much much better than all BT headsets I have tried), but it is at least loud enough for people to hear what I’m saying.

One other experience I have is that the Bluespoon has only slightly longer range when the headset and the phone is in the “line-of-sight”, but when there is a water filled object like a human in between – the Bluespoon has a considerable longer range. I get disturbances when I carry my phone in my right pocket and wear my Jabra BT300 headset on my left ear. I guess that there is too much man in between

Cheers

T68 – R6A012
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-21 21:25
yeah yeah bluespoon this bluespoon that first of all we have to make this clear to the people that havent read all about the spoon ...

my recomendation is to try one people been posting that some of them cant use it couse of the spring that holds it in the ear makes them unconfortable !

second for my opinion its way to expensive (well at least for my pocket )the technology and features as i am familiar are the same to other bt headsets on the market and the size (small,lite) does not aprove in my book the price tag on it !

im not dissing it it is a great device and it has foud users all ower the world that are satecfied with it

myself .... i bought an jabra bt 300 witch is doing ok for me it works great maybe the sound isent as good as it whas on my hbh 20 (not so much bass volume is ok ) but all in all a good purchase and the best of all is its pricetag payed 140 euros for new one ....

just my 2 cents ....

regards laz
Ericsson R520m - Nokia 9300i - Nokia E90 - iPhone 8Gb
tekniton
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-21 23:56
I have HBH30 and i'ts OK. It works very good, but I haven't test other brand...

I buy HBH30 very cheap at http://english.movilizados.com

Regards
joeyice
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-22 03:11
Well I am not going to start an argument here, but I have been using a bluespoon for two weeks now and people hear me very well even when driving my big truck on the highway doing 80MPH in windy weather like yestserday and I hear people very well with it.

So far the range is great with the spoon and even stepping out of the truck leaving the phone in the truck and sound quality is still good.

The Bad if you are at the Mall, walking fast or out in wind and people cannot hear you well. Then again people used to complain about the same things when I used my wired headset in the mall or walking in windy conditions.

Just my .02 Cents, I also find the Spoon much more appealing visually than the HBH 60 and the Jabra BT300 thus worth the extra $50 or so above the BT300.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-22 13:08
I have only tried Sony Ericsson but after having the HBH-10, HBH-15 and now HBH-30 I am finally very happy with the overall performance of this headset.
bigdean
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-22 14:17
i'm waiting for the hbh-60 or the new 1 from soundid

This message was posted from a P800

amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-01-22 16:51
I am 100% totally satisfied with my Bluespoon and would recommend it to anyone who's not a construction worker or works in really noisy environments.
aunixguru
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-22 17:05
I am 100% satisfied with by bt100. Got it on Ebay for $89.
I have had it for 2 months now. I use it with my r520m and T68 whcih I just got back from being upgraded to ie firmware.

Only thing missing is ability to use magic word to answer calls.
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-23 06:52
just checked out the hbh60 last nite...a fren bought it....my initial impression.....DARN GOOD LOOKIN!! really small and it sits comfortably on the ear..apart from that, will hafta wait for feedback from my fren.....i'm real interested in the sound quality and range.....

[ This Message was edited by: shithappens on 2003-01-23 05:53 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi