Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > HELP! my P800 wont start up

Author HELP! my P800 wont start up
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 14:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ pachy

the phone was fully charged when i wanted to turn it on (it shut off when i took it out of the charger) and i took the sim,duo, and battery and turned it on without duo and still didnt work.

i even took the sim out and turned it on and it didnt even say " no sim inserted"

so the phone is not regestering anything.

btw if i used a t68 charger would it affect the p800 (since im not using a sonyericsson charger but a ericsson charger???) because thats the charger i used

i will check the howard forum

again thank you all for your support and i will update you if anything happens thanks
lexus
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 14:51
I thinh that they should have made hard reset button as on most of PDA, so if anything goes wrong and system won`t boot up you push it and have your system restored...
richardadc
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 14:54
Maybe worth reading this thread regarding the engineering menu. http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80292
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:02
thanks for the howard forums theyre great im about to post there but the thread you gave me is for when your phone actually works

mine still at the start up screen for 30 minutes now
Raikee
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:07
you just need to press the on/off button for about 10 seconds !!! this makes a soft reset on your P800 !! never had this before but i know !! it's worth a try !!
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:08
as said in my first post i did that and that still wont work
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:20
SE say any charger with that plug is fine to use, you seem to have no choice but to do things like blow out the area around the charging contacts (a human hair can short a contact) try holding the jog dial in click possition while switching phone on / off stuff like that, you will have to phone the country of origin (the numbers are on your service & support booklet that came with the phone) if you tell me the country i`ll look it up if you need me too.
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:31
@pachy

i appreciate you helping me thanks

i bought it from uae and tried to call them but no one picks up (i think its because its friday and the stores are closed i can try tomorrow)

also why did laffen edit my first post???

it was working fine the whole time i had it (3 weeks) and just today it stopped working
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:44
Don`t know why posts get edited, you will get help from service center, after all your phone still has a manufacturers warranty so i hope they can sort it without you losing the phone for a long period, it really COULD be a malfunctioing battery,is it possible to find a person with a p8 near you to try another battery, let us know the outcome.
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 15:46
no the battery seems to work or else it wouldnt even power on in the first place

i hope i dont have to master reset the phone as that means i will lose everything and i dont want that to happen

no i dont know anyone with a p800 near me and as soon as this is fixed i will post here.

also when i called sonyericsson US (not UAE) they said that the phone will come out earlier than expected.

i said would i have to wait 3-4 months to get the phone fixed and the customer support said no maybe 2 months which means mid march

my best bet right now is to wait for sony ericssons reply or go to T -Mobile and see if they can reset it

[ This Message was edited by: Naar on 2003-01-17 14:51 ]
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:08
OK stage 2, lets get you sorted out.
You need to email SE, tell them your problem & explain that a dead P8 on Esato isn`t doing them any good. ask them if they want you to continue advertising the fact that your phone only lasted 3 weeks,(but be friendly)
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:10
hehehee i already emailed SE but not what you said

UPDATE:

i just put my sim in my t68m and it works so the problem is not from the sim

i also put another sim in the p800 and it still wont work

if anything else happens ill post here be back in a bit gotta try something out

Evilsummer
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:11
You have probably already tried this but.... power it on.. remove the battery... mayby have to try a few times... and if that dont work try to run over it with a car, or feed it to your dog....
Good luck!!!
Naar
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:27
UPDATE:

i put on the sonyericsson charger now (the one that came with the p800) and the light became red then green after 7 seconds...

then after that i took off the charger and the phone was still on and the light was still green (not flashing) as if it were still charching even after i took the wire out of the phone ?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

what the hell is happening

where can i buy i p800 battery and is there a phone that uses the same battery as the p800???

please this is starting to piss me off now!!!!!!

come on you sonyericsson people i know some of you post here so help me out please PM even!!!!
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:50
@ naar im still observing the thread regarding ure problem as much as i can do to the fact i am @ work atm connecting via wap on my brakes (fingers still crossed) regarding ure previus post my t68i also charges a bit longer even if i unplug it from the charger and stil the phone powers up ok . Regards LAZ

This message was posted from a T68i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi