Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Cannot connect to WANADOO livebox C905

Author Cannot connect to WANADOO livebox C905
TomEngland
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-21 14:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm using an Orange-UK C905

i've been trying for ages now,
how do i connect to my livebox
i go to wi-fi and find my home network,
i enter the
(correct(as it's labeled what the key is on the back of my box)) WEP key, and it takes ages as it attempts to connect and then it says unable to connect to network

WHY!? its really annoying me as i try atleast once a day
the wierless connection is turned on, on my liveobx but still nothing

any hely guys?
W800i > W810i > K800 > K810i > C905
I My Life
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2009-03-21 17:08
Hi TomEngland.

Don't know if you've tried this already but you need to switch your livebox into 'pairing mode' before you use your phone to search for your wifi network. You should then proceed as you have been, entering your WEP code as stated etc. Once entered, you're phone & livebox should be successfully paired.

To switch livebox to pairing mode press the number '1' button on the back of the livebox. The WiFi LED changes from a constant red light to a flashing red light indicating pairing mode is active.

Hope this helps
TomEngland
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-21 17:41

On 2009-03-21 17:08:37, Alpha Trion wrote:
Hi TomEngland.

Don't know if you've tried this already but you need to switch your livebox into 'pairing mode' before you use your phone to search for your wifi network. You should then proceed as you have been, entering your WEP code as stated etc. Once entered, you're phone & livebox should be successfully paired.

To switch livebox to pairing mode press the number '1' button on the back of the livebox. The WiFi LED changes from a constant red light to a flashing red light indicating pairing mode is active.

Hope this helps

nothing still, it just wont connect, pairing mode was and is on when i try to connect

thanks for your help though
I My Life
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2009-03-21 19:14
mmm not sure then, thought that would do as failing to put into pairing mode is one of the most common problems
I take it you're inputting the WEP code in exactly to match etc as this is case sensitive?
The pairing only remains it that mode for ten minutes after which you'll need re-activate pairing again if unsuccessful.

Anyway i've had this website bookmarked for some time now as its quite useful for most livebox queries (as well as all other orange phone/network/broadband problems)

http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

This is the link to the official orangebroadband help page (you might need some digging about though)

http://help.orange.co.uk/orangeuk/support/selfservice/index.jsp

TomEngland
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-03-21 21:53
it says that on my phone that the Box is WPA protected whereas my livebox says its WEP protected, so i'm thinking i need th WPA key and not the WEP key no i dont know if theres a difference or what not :/
I My Life
fat_brum
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-06-06 12:25
Hi
I have just used this posting to connect my C905 (on the 3 network) to my live box.......after trying a number of times to connect, I almost gave up, but this posting and the suggestion to enter the code on the livebox exactly as on the box worked.......just had to but the phone into upper case letters and all was well ....now connected over wifi. Thanks guys!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi