Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > email via bluetooth problem with w890i

Author email via bluetooth problem with w890i
jamesg99
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-03-15 03:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, I'm having trouble with the email client on my w890i.

I've configured my email settings to get my hotmail emails via pop3. This works perfectly using the "Orange Internet" data account.

I've also set up a new data account (I call it "Blue") to give me internet access on the phone over bluetooth (connecting to the Network Access service on my desktop PC and using Internet Connection Sharing). This works correctly for the phone's web browser.

But, I get the dreaded "Cannot connect to server" message when trying to send/receive emails. I've set the "Connect Using" entries to my "Blue" data account in the POP3 and SMTP tabs.

I wondered if the pop3 port (995) was being blocked by windows ICS but it definitely isn't, as I connected another PC to my desktop via bluetooth, and that could get emails fine. I've also just done a service update (over bluetooth!) which didn't make any difference - although my phone is a lot faster now

So, it must be a setting I'm missing on the phone, or might Orange have blocked that functionality?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi